[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Store your mags charged! - Page 2 - Gas Pistols & SMGs

Store your mags charged!

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Postby Mobius » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:05 pm

The Silver Dragon is to the 1911 as the GSX-R1000 is to the Grand Vitara. They'll both get you down the road, but one helps you compensate for your shortcomings. "sleepy"
Mobius

Team: N/A

Postby User19632 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:20 pm

User19632
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Decker » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:23 pm

Decker
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Raging Hormann » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Raging Hormann

Postby Alex » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Alex
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Mobius » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Thats what I was looking for, some kind of reasoning behind your opinion.

I see the logic behind what you were/are saying. these things make sense and offer a smart outlook. however there is very little room for the seals inside a mag to expand to and there is a very low likelyhoodthat the rings will bloat.

As far as the thickness and insulation of a mag the average mag wall is around 1/8 of an inch thick. as far as I know thats thicker than any propane tank Ive ever seen.

Finally as I said I have for the past three years kept my mags fully charged and during that time I checked a locked pistol case with my gun and 2 full mags as luggage on southwest airlines when I flew to california. I will admit that I should have emptied them becasue of the drastic elevation/pressure change, however I forgot to and when I arrived I found both mags in normal working order and still charged.

thaks for the insight however. it is a good addition to this thread
The Silver Dragon is to the 1911 as the GSX-R1000 is to the Grand Vitara. They'll both get you down the road, but one helps you compensate for your shortcomings. "sleepy"
Mobius

Postby Alex » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:18 pm

Alex
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Mobius » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:25 pm

because that would be one extremely heavy propane tank :D
Mobius

Postby Alex » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:31 pm

most definately.
Alex
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jester316 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:41 am

Alex, you said that they only fill propane tanks 80-85%. My question: is propane under the same pressure when its in a mag vs. a cylinder? I'm not an expert on pressure vs. volume, but according to Boyle's Law, Pressure and volume are inversely proportional. So if you have an normal size propane tank filled to 85%, it seems the pressure would be lower than an airsoft magazine. To me that explains why the propane tank walls are thiner, because the pressure is less. Like I said, I'm no expert on this stuff. This is what clicks in my head, but I've been wrong before.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Bubba » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:36 am

Bubba
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby Jester316 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:24 am

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1