KJW .22 V1?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

KJW .22 V1?

Postby ParoJo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:24 am

Hey guys. I might be plain and simply SOL with this but here it goes. I'm looking to purchase a new gas gun in the near future and I am dead-set on getting a KC02 V1. My reasoning behind wanting the older model over the new, more common one, is that I would like a threaded outer barrel so that I can hide a longer inner barrel, attach a tracer, etc. Here's where I start to get discouraged. The only retailer that has the V1 in stock, for all I know, is Airsplat. Airsplat has a history of being out of stock with things their website claims to be available and as I'm sure most of us know, has terrible customer service. I emailed them and politely asked them if their online listing was up to date and I'm waiting for there reply. However, if I do not get confirmation from them I won't take the risk of buying it anyway.

If I have to settle and get a V2 instead, it would mean more money spending for me to get the desired barrel length and the gun looking externally lacking in my eyes. Needs moar suppressor.

Any and all input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: KJW .22 V1?

Postby timmah » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:33 am

One of the guys in our Kc-02 facebook group direct ordered one from KJW. It only costed him $42Can shipped to his door, for the 3 pieces needed to have the threaded outer barrel (Part numbers 1,2,3 - Thread cap, thread adapter, and outer barre) Something else you should be aware of, is that the V2 outer barrel is about 40mm shorter than the V1 (this appears to be mostly in the thread adapter that is missing from the V2 barrels).

I have heard rumors that Evike is selling a V2 with a threaded barrel, (which some of the KC group have been calling the "V2.1", which is a V2 rifle - The flip up sights, straight mag, and the V1 threaded barrel).

I hope this helps you find one of these awesome rifles...
character density, n.: The number of very weird people in the office.
timmah
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ParoJo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:01 pm

timmah wrote:One of the guys in our Kc-02 facebook group direct ordered one from KJW. It only costed him $42Can shipped to his door, for the 3 pieces needed to have the threaded outer barrel (Part numbers 1,2,3 - Thread cap, thread adapter, and outer barre) Something else you should be aware of, is that the V2 outer barrel is about 40mm shorter than the V1 (this appears to be mostly in the thread adapter that is missing from the V2 barrels).

I have heard rumors that Evike is selling a V2 with a threaded barrel, (which some of the KC group have been calling the "V2.1", which is a V2 rifle - The flip up sights, straight mag, and the V1 threaded barrel).

I hope this helps you find one of these awesome rifles...

Ah I was hoping you'd respond. I figured the guy with the sexy custom .22 would have some good info. ;) Looks like you solved my problem. Thanks timmah!

EDIT: So I looked on KJW's website and I can't find the items mentioned in your post. Did the guy on the kc facebook group make a special order through contacting the company personally? Here's the website that I went to by the way.
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jewish Ninja » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:54 pm

I'd use the "contact us" form. It's what I did to get parts for my VFC SCAR-H. Different company but the same idea.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs