Please help! Trying to make a custom P226.

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Please help! Trying to make a custom P226.

Postby Geartaccatz » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:20 am

I have an idea in mind for a custom P226 but need help finding parts. This is primarily due to me not knowing what i need to put in it to make it work. Also i would like to just buy all the flat parts to build it from scratch but I think it might be easier to just buy a base gun and heavily mod it (which ever is easier). I am a close quarters player so its gonna be a bit of a weird build. Price is not a issue for the most part lets just not go to crazy. A bit of this may be weird to most players but i like style to my gear (efficiency above all else though). If you know of the parts to make a P226 that can fit these specifications please do let me know. All advice is very appreciated. Please and thank you.

Specifications:
-full metal upper, lower, and internals (not sure what needs to go inside it though so if you know that would be useful)
-Coyote Brown upper (slide)
-Matte black lower
-capable of running both CO2 and Green Gas
-extended mags for either CO2 or Green Gas
-threaded barrel
-attachment point fora pistol lanyard
-skeletonized hammer and trigger
-muzzle break like the one from the P-virus
-under rail
-stylized compensator (but still would like threads for muzzle break if that's possible) (could go without compensator though)
-upper rail kit
-ergo grips (I'm an ambidextrous shooter so cant have those massive bumps things that make it difficult to hold in one or the other hand)

If you have the info for parts to make this it would be much appreciated. Also links to parts and diagrams of what does what are super helpful.
Geartaccatz
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Please help! Trying to make a custom P226.

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:30 am

Why not just get the Pvirus, and start from there???

As far as I've seen, theirs not to much in the way of grips, try a Hogue sleave grip. They work well.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Geartaccatz » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Well my plan was to get the P-virus but my friend got one and the gas system in it just didn't seem up to my personal standards. Also I'm not a fan of WE Tech and would rather get a better quality base gun to build from that's up to more of my specifications. Do you know a P226 that fits some of my specs? I cant find any thing other than basic stuff that wont fit my "tastes". I also just took a look at the grips and they seem nice. So got the grips down now, just gotta find the gun. Just so you know on the rare chance no you haven't picked it up yet I'm super picky about gear.
Geartaccatz
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Solid » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Start here
http://www.airsplat.com/we-p226-metal-g ... t-gun.html
http://www.evike.com/products/46270/
http://www.evike.com/products/38752/
http://www.evike.com/products/45313/
http://www.evike.com/products/37935/

As for the rest of that stuff? Man I highly doubt they make half of that stuff for Sigs. You'll probably have to spray the upper receiver yourself. The CO2 and green gas isn't going to happen as far as I know, its one or the other. For the skeletonized hammer and trigger and stuff, I haven't even seen anything remotely close to that on a Sig, airsoft or real steel. I know the 228's have the pistol lanyard point just built into the grip, but I'm not 100% sure on the 226's but I don't see why they wouldn't be. You can just order whatever ergo grips you want real steel flavor, Crimson Traces are fantastic if you want to shell out the cash for those and you wanna be even higher speed with it.

I run a WE 228 myself, love it and its been good to me. I dunno, in my mind it sounds like you are after a tricked out 1911, something like this? I really don't ever see 226's modded out like that.

http://www.evike.com/products/25016/
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Rentax » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Cant do CO2 and propane, but I have parts for a boneyard TM P226, metal slide, that I would probably be willing to sell.
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:28 pm

Solid, 90% of the stuff he wants, including the skeletonized hammer and trigger, are on the P virus, check it out, it may be something you might want to buy.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Solid » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:11 pm

ClownBaby wrote:Solid, 90% of the stuff he wants, including the skeletonized hammer and trigger, are on the P virus, check it out, it may be something you might want to buy.

I know what you mean but he said specifically not like that (or something to that extent.) I think he means totally hollowed out, not just a small hole. Like, individual bits aren't going to happen. He could maybe dremel them out but thats dicey at best.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Geartaccatz » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:36 pm

Got online again and looked into you guys info on the gun. Over all it is seeming like i might just need to buy a P228 instead. Unless the WE F226 is compatible with P226 stuff. I am fine with spraying the slide and the body if i need to. Would it be possible to just have a second upper to use CO2 and the other for green gas and also swap mags when i need to? I think i might be able to swing for the price of the crimson trace grips. If i do stick to the P226 i might find a WE P-virus to just use for parts like hammer and trigger but use a KJW P226 as the actual base gun (if the parts are cross compatible). Oh and Rentax, no thanks to the bone yard parts but i just don't got the money for the gun, i need to have the whole thing planed out first and then start buying stuff as i get the money. Thanks for the offer though.
Geartaccatz
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Geartaccatz » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:47 pm

I am willing to do some Dremel work but knowing myself it could end up either amazing or horrible. There is no way I'm gonna end up making my own parts i don't got the tools or material...

or the know how (for the most part).
Geartaccatz
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cameron Zombie » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Or...

You could just try and find the TM Sentinal, which is what the WE P-Virus replicated, then get a body kit, replace the grips, and upgrade the internals to handle CO2. No one, to my knowledge, sells CB slides, but you could paint or cerakote one.
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rentax » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:28 pm

Alright, well the parts aren't going any where. So hit me up if you ever need them. Also KJW is a TM clone and I don't believe they are compatable with WE parts. But airsoft outlet would know.
We do what we want
Rentax

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs