Fill a Pistol Mag?

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Re: Fill a Pistol Mag?

Postby Nark » Fri May 01, 2015 7:37 am

T-Time wrote:Ok guys, no need to make such a big deal about it.
Payback answered my question. All I asked was how to fill
a pistol mag. With green gas. The gas in the mag runs out
fast so I figured I wasn`t filling it up all the way. So I asked.
By the way, don`t underestimate us little guys.

Yeah yeah yeah T-Time. Go play in the corner and we'll come get you when it's time :P anyways how do we know he wasn't trying to fill up a real steal mag? 13 is hella young but I've seen a 13 year old with their own gun that their parents held on to and such.

Sounds like you might have a a slightly leaky seal (would it still make noise then or could it quietly leak) or you're not filling it up enough. It's probably bad for the mag but if you over fill it, the excess should leak out after you remove the nozzle. I'm sure that's bad for it in some way though.

Rentax wrote:Well said Clownbaby,
I just want to add that the forum rules, as seen here:
http://airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3698
Under forum etiquette rules states,
1. LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP
2. USE PROPER GRAMMER AND FORUM ETIQUETTE
5. YOU ARE NOT A BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE

So far you've broken 3 within this one post.

To answer your question, not just what, but why...
Green gas, propane, duster gas, etc. All come to you in liquid form. Thats right the gas is under so much pressure it has become a liquid. So just like pouring a pitcher of water into a cup, you tilt it and let gravity do the work. Same thing goes for any gas in a can. Turn it upside down and the liquid will fill the mag. The more liquid in the mag, the more shots you will get because it will expand into gas.

Finally, when 3 to 5 adult men dressed in camo walk into a chucky cheese, the moms get all worried and think its creepy, but if we take a 13 year old with us suddenly were not the creepy old guys trolling for kids, were just the cool uncle who are trolling for cougars... Get it now...

ClownBaby wrote:Damn, we can DO that?

Gentleman, start your engines!

Guys! We're going to Chuckie Cheese's! YEAH!
Last edited by Nark on Fri May 01, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby ogrejager » Fri May 01, 2015 8:20 am

1. I'm in for cougar trollin' at the Cheese. Are those places even still open?

2. I don't underestimate the small people. My estimation of them is accurate. It's a low one, but it's an accurate one.

3. By the time I was 13, I was carrying a RS pistol on camping trips. So, yeah, it does happen.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Nark » Fri May 01, 2015 10:06 am

Yah, actually there's a Chuckie Cheese's over on 90th and Powell. Might get some haggard cougars but there could be some diamonds in the rough... figuratively and literally.

We don't underestimate little people. We "underestimate" young people but they always prove us right when one of them shoots a teammate in the hand on full auto when we're in the prep room with mags out :| ..... *cough cough* cadpat *cough cough*
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Fri May 01, 2015 11:17 am

We all make mistakes, let's move on.

As far as the hunting party go's, Chucky Cheese sucks now, it's all sterile, too well lit, and has NO VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES!!! WTF!

Dave and Busters is where it's at. Except they ALWAYS have at least two armed guards on duty. Which after meeting them during a job interview, I'm positive that they, upon seeing a group of men entering the building in camouflage, they would DEFINITELY set up a crossfire on us. :lol:
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Nark » Fri May 01, 2015 11:46 am

You mean I have nowhere to show off my proper firing stance with the shooting games anymore? There's always Wunderland. The douchebaggery at Dave and Busters is so over the top though.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby T-Time » Fri May 01, 2015 12:31 pm

Well this topic sure got out of hand. :lol:
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby Nark » Fri May 01, 2015 12:49 pm

T-Time wrote:Well this topic sure got out of hand. :lol:

It happens a fair amount here. Just learn to roll with it and embrace the derailment process and you'll be happier
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Blackhawk » Fri May 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Nark wrote:Sounds like you might have a a slightly leaky seal (would it still make noise then or could it quietly leak) or you're not filling it up enough. It's probably bad for the mag but if you over fill it, the excess should leak out after you remove the nozzle. I'm sure that's bad for it in some way though.

It is not possible to over fill a gas mag. Once the pressure between the mag and the gas can has been equalized there isn't going to be any more gas going into the magazine's reservoir. What you hear as "excess leaking out" is coming from the can as you break the seal between it and the mag before the nozzle closes completely.
Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby T-Time » Fri May 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Nark wrote:
T-Time wrote:Well this topic sure got out of hand. :lol:

It happens a fair amount here. Just learn to roll with it and embrace the derailment process and you'll be happier

Indeed.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Postby Nark » Mon May 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Blackhawk wrote:
Nark wrote:Sounds like you might have a a slightly leaky seal (would it still make noise then or could it quietly leak) or you're not filling it up enough. It's probably bad for the mag but if you over fill it, the excess should leak out after you remove the nozzle. I'm sure that's bad for it in some way though.

It is not possible to over fill a gas mag. Once the pressure between the mag and the gas can has been equalized there isn't going to be any more gas going into the magazine's reservoir. What you hear as "excess leaking out" is coming from the can as you break the seal between it and the mag before the nozzle closes completely.

Really? Cause I've filled up my mags for my pistol too much and there's been "excess leaking out" longer than the split second when you break the seal. It goes for a second or two and then stops.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Steve » Tue May 05, 2015 10:22 am

Nark wrote:Really? Cause I've filled up my mags for my pistol too much and there's been "excess leaking out" longer than the split second when you break the seal. It goes for a second or two and then stops.

If it is leaking from the fill point, it's most likely a semi-stuck / misaligned valve. If it is from the top, it's either an o-ring failing or it's a safety blow-off (which, yes, would mean your mag was "overfilled"), but I've yet to see a mag with a safety blow-off valve (not saying they don't exist, just that I haven't seen one). I've seen a mag that SHOULD HAVE had a safety blow-off which blew up like a miniature grenade, but that's a different story and serves better as a cautionary tale about why WE guns are pieces of feces.

The valve relies on pressure to seal when the gas source is removed, and it functions as a seal based on a friction lock between the valve stem and valve body. If enough stuff (at the micro scale) is present between the stem and body, it'll blow out gas until either the stuff is blown out or the pressure vessels equalize (one vessel being the magazine, the other being the planet). One of the reasons that green gas has silicone lube, and why it's a good idea to add silicone when using propane, is that the silicone creates a thin film lubricant in the valves which let them seal better.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Rentax » Tue May 05, 2015 6:50 pm

I have heard that it is possible tor the o ring on the fill valve can get freez up and shrink a bit allowing it to leak gas. As it warms back up it expands and starts working again. This is usually cause my from a misalignment when filling.

Steve the TM brand MK23 mags have an over fill valve. Don't worry tho, it doesn't work properly, and when the mags warm up it blows open and then gets stuck in the open position. Repaing themis a pain in the a$$, and probably why you don't see over fill valves too often
We do what we want
Rentax

Postby Steve » Tue May 05, 2015 7:11 pm

That explains why I have 3 (of 3) bad TM mags, but all 5 of my "off-brand" mags for my NBB TM Mk.23 are running just fine. I didn't even think to look for an overpressure relief on them, just assumed that the welds were bad.

Thank you.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Rentax » Sun May 10, 2015 9:44 pm

Nope, it's a pain in the a$$ to fix, but worth it.
Pop the 2 pins from the bottom. And dremmel out a small nub. Remove the bottom. You'll see the hidden valve with a spring on it. I've heard, you lust remove the spring and in weld the lid closed. Once dry you reseal the mag and slip the two pins back in. I've got about 9 mags I need to do this on, But have so many y&p mags I just have never gotten around to it.
We do what we want
Rentax

Postby Vernichtung » Mon May 11, 2015 9:43 am

Cameron Zombie wrote:You're right, we may need you to get into Chuckie Cheese. They don't let us big kids in there.

LOL!
Vernichtung
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs