[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Your Sidearm - Page 4 - Gas Pistols & SMGs

Your Sidearm

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

Re: Your Sidearm

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:42 pm

Good point.
Brought it up with Narc because of his experience with sand in his pistol, reminded me that I had heard people saying that they wouldn't go to a particular AO because of its sand. Silly not to play because of that.

I appreciate that some of you can disagree with someone without gettin all cray-cray.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Steve

Team: N/A

Postby ogrejager » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:32 pm

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:39 pm

LOL!
When I was a kid, the old (grumpy) man down the street used to drive his riding lawnmower while open carrying. I thought it was kinda silly, and nothing more than a show of force. (for who, IDK, it was a safe neighborhood)

But as an adult, I totally get it. (of course now I live in a semi sketch hood) I have a half acre lot in Portland, one day I was all the way out back, look towards the house, see one guy next to my open sliding door, and his buddy in my carport, on the other side of the inner fence.

I'm like cool, time to deal with these guys, let's do it. Just gotta go get my... Oh shit.
Lucky when I yelled at the guy, I had some kind of yard tool in hand, and proceeded to shake it angrily like some sort of Sandpeople. (star wars, not middle eastern)
Fortunately, when he ran, he went the way he came in, not through my house.

Also, Steve, IDK if you run earpro, or ear buds when your out there, but I don't like being creeped up on.
And you never know when your neighbor (not the tweakers) might need help. To the point that if I'm gonna be out front, I'll put my carry permit in my pocket, just incase I have to leave the property to assist my neighbor.

I don't carry it open though.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:10 pm

We might could see about getting the mods to move some of this into the RS forum, I guess.

I religiously run ear pro when I run power tools (don't want to lose what little hearing I have left). The only ear pro I have is the shooting muffs with the electronic amplifiers. Cuts the noise of the mower, but lets me hear everything else going on around me. I just leave my permit in my wallet, and every time I change pants, all of the stuff gets moved from one pair to the next, pocket by pocket. Since I moved my entire wardrobe to 5.11's back in '08, it's pretty simple. All of my pants have basically the same pockets in the same places. Place for everything, and everything in it's place. When you have the short-term memory of a guppy, it pays to establish routines. Although, having my right arm in a sling necessitated moving stuff around, which is really harshing my mellow.

Which brings me back on-topic(ish):
I had been running a TM NBB MK 23 with a G&G Tracer unit. I recently picked up a KWA HK .45 (because I couldn't find a decent P30S) and an adapter for the tracer unit. I know the real-deal cans for pistols generally use a Nielssen device, or whatever company-proprietary linear impulse decoupler, to decouple the can from the barrel during recoil so the handguns don't have cycling issues. With a NBB, it's a non-issue since the slide doesn't cycle, and the barrel is not tilted when it cycles. However, the same may not be the case for GBBs. I've run a bunch of mags through the HK so far with no issues (yet). But has anyone run into problems with GBBs and cans? If so, what type of issues, and how did you solve them, if you found a fix?

Also, I have heard teams talk about standardizing primaries, insofar as to ensure magazine compatibility (i.e. everybody runs STANAG platforms, or AK platforms, or what have you). Is there a similar push for secondaries? (If so, please tell me that it is something NOT resembling anything Beretta).
Steve

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:42 pm

Don't harsh the mellow, Bruh!

How long till your back in the arena?
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Two months or so and I can run a pistol one-handed. 6-9 months after that and I am fully cleared.
Steve

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:11 pm

It's good practice.

Which wing is clipped? Off hand, or primary?
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:37 pm

Primary. Ended up having fragged 80% of my labrum and tore my bursal sac and elongated tendons? I was pretty out of it for the surgery. Apparently there are like 6 plastic rivets holding my labrum back to wherever it is supposed to live, and a bunch of sutures and holes drilled in the bone and stuff. Basically, my dominant arm is dead to me for three months. Then 6-9 months of rehab before the doc clears me for full-contact sports. I'm fabbing a kydex armored foam-backed shoulder immobilizer so I can play left-handed with a pistol starting in December. I may be able to run something like a PDR-C or a P-90 one-handed, we'll see.

Basically, 150 pound guys shouldn't shoot 10,000+ rounds of magnum 00-buck out of short-barreled shotguns one-handed at weird angles over the course of two years. Who'da thunk it?
Steve

Postby ogrejager » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:07 pm

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby Steve » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Mossberg 590a1 with 14.1" barrel. 30+ rounds a day minimum for 2 years. Cleaned at a minimum once a day with a Tuff Cloth, a couple times a week with an Otis kit.

Have you ever heard a military Humm-Vee horn? Freaking pathetic. We used the short gauges as basically a replacement for the horn. See, when you fire a rifle bullet into the air, it's gonna come down in a bad way. But 00-buck pointed mostly skyward is unlikely to do more than bruise somebody. I was, among many other taskings, the lead gunner on convoys down in Kandahar Province. When we rolled, nobody else was allowed to be on our road. Part of our ROE was to pop a shotgun round up as a pointed suggestion to traffic to play nice. Every so often, that didn't work, and the muzzle dropped to a "bit less vertical", if you are tracking...
Steve

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:41 pm

Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:44 pm

Beep-Beep! (shotgun blasts)

"Pardon, but would you happen to have any mothafunkin' Grey Poupon!!!" - Steve, hanging out the window

Too bad about your arm. The upside is three months of strangers!
And maybe you can mod that shoulder pack to launch bangers? :badgrin:

"You have 15 seconds to comply"
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Steve » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:09 am

Steve

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:18 am

Not to mention people farting in your face all day.

Well I was going to offer to help reload mags, but if you need me to pull the front of the chainsaw, I'm down.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs