KJW Sig Sauer P226 not accepting gas

Discussion of GBB (gas blowback) replicas.

KJW Sig Sauer P226 not accepting gas

Postby MySwan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:23 pm

My friend's P226 by KJW was dropped from a pistol lanyard about 4 feet high and slightly bumped a carpet floor barrel first. Now whenever he puts any of his mags in the gun it will not fire. I need to know what's wrong so I don't need to buy him a new gun or new slide.
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Sledge

Re: KJW Sig Sauer P226 not accepting gas

Postby Rentax » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:28 pm

have you tried opening it up and looking inside?
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby MySwan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Yes I have and I have compared with my GBB (Tokyo Maurui Tactical Master M9) and his brothers Timberwolf. I can't seem to find anything out of place between them but when a mag is gassed and loaded the P226 just won't shoot. @Rentax
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Postby MySwan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Rentax wrote:have you tried opening it up and looking inside?

Yes I have and I have compared with my GBB (Tokyo Maurui Tactical Master M9) and his brothers Timberwolf. I can't seem to find anything out of place between them but when a mag is gassed and loaded the P226 just won't shoot.
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jewish Ninja » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:48 pm

The valve knocker spring might be broken.

If you can, take some high quality, well lit pictures of the replica (inside the slide, the frame, all other components that are easily visible), that'll help enormously with trouble shooting.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby MySwan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Jewish Ninja wrote:The valve knocker spring might be broken.

If you can, take some high quality, well lit pictures of the replica (inside the slide, the frame, all other components that are easily visible), that'll help enormously with trouble shooting.

Will do! Thanks.
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Postby MySwan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Jewish Ninja wrote:The valve knocker spring might be broken.

http://imgur.com/a/GxKzq link to pics
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jewish Ninja » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:40 pm

Everything looks fine there. The issue might be in the parts between the slide and frame.

A picture like this, only focused better would also help.

Can you take the slide off, remove the mag and dry fire the gun? Check to see if the hammer is moving (silver part sticking out into the magwell, on the back of the grip). If that's moving, then check the valve knocker.
Make sure the mag is gassed up and then press on the knocker button. If it's working correctly, it'll vent gas out the top. Being hard to press is normal, but you should be able to do it with your hands, no tools needed.
If the knocker isn't venting, then it could be a sign of the mag being over gassed, which is causing the gun to not function, or the knocker is broken.

There's also a chance the mag catch is busted and causing the mag to not seat correctly. I couldn't really see a catch in the picture you posted, so that's another thing to check.
WWGFD?
Jewish Ninja

Postby MySwan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Jewish Ninja wrote:Everything looks fine there. The issue might be in the parts between the slide and frame.

A picture like this, only focused better would also help.

Can you take the slide off, remove the mag and dry fire the gun? Check to see if the hammer is moving (silver part sticking out into the magwell, on the back of the grip). If that's moving, then check the valve knocker.
Make sure the mag is gassed up and then press on the knocker button. If it's working correctly, it'll vent gas out the top. Being hard to press is normal, but you should be able to do it with your hands, no tools needed.
If the knocker isn't venting, then it could be a sign of the mag being over gassed, which is causing the gun to not function, or the knocker is broken.

There's also a chance the mag catch is busted and causing the mag to not seat correctly. I couldn't really see a catch in the picture you posted, so that's another thing to check.

The mags are releasing and definitely catching in the mag well. The gas does vent by pressing on the release valve. Multiple mags have been tested. Dry firing works and when dry firing internal parts from the trigger do move and cycle normally. It was working like an hour before it was barely dropped when attached to a pistol lanyard bungee.
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:32 am

Retractable lanyard, this wouldn't have happened. :cry:
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby MySwan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 am

ClownBaby wrote:Retractable lanyard, this wouldn't have happened. :cry:

Lol. It was the coiled one and it dropped way more than we thought it would.
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jewish Ninja » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Short of looking at it in person, I'm out of ideas. Sorry :(
WWGFD?
Jewish Ninja

Postby Rentax » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:38 pm

While the pistol is disassembled, look down the Mag well, pull the trigger, does a small square metal object push out from the back wall and then reset? The item in question is the hammer that hits the gas valve on the mag. Often times these break, you should check to make sure that is working and in tact.
We do what we want
Rentax

Postby MySwan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Rentax wrote:While the pistol is disassembled, look down the Mag well, pull the trigger, does a small square metal object push out from the back wall and then reset? The item in question is the hammer that hits the gas valve on the mag. Often times these break, you should check to make sure that is working and in tact.

It doesn't seem to be moving. What do you suggest I do?
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:47 pm

MySwan wrote:
Rentax wrote:While the pistol is disassembled, look down the Mag well, pull the trigger, does a small square metal object push out from the back wall and then reset? The item in question is the hammer that hits the gas valve on the mag. Often times these break, you should check to make sure that is working and in tact.

It doesn't seem to be moving. What do you suggest I do?

Gah! I asked if that was moving and you said yes.

If that's not moving, there's a good chance the spring in the grip is messed up. Take the grip screws out on the left side, and carefully remove the cover. Take a picture if you don't notice anything broken and report back.
WWGFD?
Jewish Ninja

Next

Return to Gas Pistols & SMGs