Portland's Only Airsoft Arena Closes Doors

Places to play Airsoft.

Re: Portland's Only Airsoft Arena Closes Doors

Postby ClownBaby » Thu May 26, 2016 2:30 pm

If they did, I can pretty much guarantee it wouldn't be in Portland, and probably not very far east either.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Soldier
Soldier

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby McNair » Thu May 26, 2016 7:06 pm

ClownBaby wrote:Their was only really two problems with TAC-OPS, it was too small, and needed to be on a bus or MAX line so the kiddies could get there on their owns.

I'm actually pretty bummed, the place next door that just opened up.
Crab puffs, an O'Doul's, and running 14yr olds over...that's a good time. :doubt:

No one lets their kids go anywhere on their own anymore.
McNair

Team: N/A

Postby Jester316 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:44 am

McNair wrote:
ClownBaby wrote:Their was only really two problems with TAC-OPS, it was too small, and needed to be on a bus or MAX line so the kiddies could get there on their owns.

I'm actually pretty bummed, the place next door that just opened up.
Crab puffs, an O'Doul's, and running 14yr olds over...that's a good time. :doubt:

No one lets their kids go anywhere on their own anymore.

Plus does kids on a bus or Max with airsoft guns sound like a good idea?

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Tue May 31, 2016 11:54 am

The majority of kids who go to indoor rent.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:13 am

I expressed an interest in a pay by the month locker system, where you could lock up your rifle and gear.

Would be cool to see this in the future. Just no leaving sub sandwiches, or socks and shit in there, or you're banished from all airsoft, lol.
ClownBaby
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Steve » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:37 am

I've heard this idea kicked around a lot. On one hand, it'd maybe be kind of convenient. On the other hand, it'd be sort of a pain in the butt. Gotta remember to charge batteries and whatnot.

What I'd be all sorts of interested in is a pay-per-day for a semi-private staging space. I've been playing for a while, and have a bunch of toys. I'd totally shell out a bit more to not have to worry so much about sketchy mother-f***ers finger-f***ing my gear when I'm in the arena. Maybe even just rope some tables off or something.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve
Specops
Specops

Postby WhiskeyTango » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:29 am

ClownBaby wrote:I expressed an interest in a pay by the month locker system, where you could lock up your rifle and gear.

Would be cool to see this in the future. Just no leaving sub sandwiches, or socks and shit in there, or you're banished from all airsoft, lol.

That would be a plausible idea. But in a real case scenario it would probably not work.

It would require insurance for the items being stored, safe and secure place to house the lockers. I wouldn't trust any arena or field enough to store all my gear in. Plus you would need a whole room to store my stuff.

You would probably make a killing for those who forget to renew their leases every month. :lol:

Steve wrote:I've heard this idea kicked around a lot. On one hand, it'd maybe be kind of convenient. On the other hand, it'd be sort of a pain in the butt. Gotta remember to charge batteries and whatnot.

What I'd be all sorts of interested in is a pay-per-day for a semi-private staging space. I've been playing for a while, and have a bunch of toys. I'd totally shell out a bit more to not have to worry so much about sketchy mother-f***ers finger-f***ing my gear when I'm in the arena. Maybe even just rope some tables off or something.

Yes I would love this idea. Sadly a field/arena in the city would most likely close. It would need to be open and functioning every weekend to make the return.

When Tac-Ops first opened they where running events like crazy. I know they made a killing the first few months off of it. It slowly lost its hype, and you had to buy missions in order to play. A few of the regulars got discounts and full day packages, but it never really caught on.

I agree 100% about the kind of shady stuff that goes on when your out on the field. I surprisingly worry more about my gear when I'm out in the game.

I liked field games for this exact reason, I can lock up all my extra shit in my tailgate and fly off. When I'm playing at OAA or Tac-Ops I have to lug my gear in. Some days it can get extremely frustrating when you've got kids sitting on the tables with soda in their hands. I caught some kid digging through my drag bag after a game, he told me he "misplaced" something. :evil: After that I told the staff at Tac-Ops that it might be smart to have a room available to store your stuff. Sadly when you've got tier-1 operators in the same room with expensive shit, it tends to draw kids in. :doubt:

I've spent good money for my Gucci gear, I definitely don't want it to be stained by some kid wearing a jacket and crocs.
WhiskeyTango
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Tier 1 huh.

Think you're missing the point, how much shit do you need to bring?
The locker would work off a padlock that you provide. And yeah, bringing your battery from home, OR using a house battery, if workable.

Really, how much shit do you need to play games that last minutes, not hours.

And multi month locker rental could be available.
ClownBaby
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Steve » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:38 pm

Absolute bare minimum?

2 primaries, as the motors heat up too much and need time to cool, so I swapped between games.
A third primary as a backup for when one of the first two shits the bed.
A dozen or so echo1 FATmags so I can go two games between reloading.
A pistol and 5 mags
Can of green gas
3 tracer units
6 11.1v LiPos
Thigh rig for pistol, 2nd thigh rig for pistol mags
Plate carrier
2 bags of ammo
Gloves
Uniform, boots, ball cap
Face mask

Other good to have stuff:
6-shot mgl with 12 shells
M203
Second pistol
Couple cans of green gas
Two spare / loaner AEGs
Two spare tracer units
A dozen spare 11.1v LiPos
Dozen spare mags
6 thunder-b cores and 2 dozen spare shells and co2 cartridges
6 assorted Airsoft Innovations grenades
Couple spare bags of tracer ammo
Spare chest rig and sling
Spare CR123s for lights, lasers, optics
Helmet, mask, goggles
M-249 for the lulz

I know I'm forgetting stuff. Volume-wise it works out to a couple of Pelican cases, 3 gun bags, an Eberlestock Gunslinger, 2 duffel bags, a toolbox, a 3-day pack, and a boot bag. Oh, and a case of Red Bull in the rig to stay hydrated.

I freely admit to being spoiled. I've got enough gear in my garage to start a surplus store.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve
Specops
Specops

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:36 pm

You forgot the Wendy's baconator's, and some Bruce Lee and Sho Kosugi posters to hang up!
ClownBaby
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Playfields