Splat Action Paintball Park

Places to play Airsoft.

Splat Action Paintball Park

Postby Matt » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Description
Splat Action is the Pacific Northwest's largest and longest running paintball parks. They've got 60 acres of developed land with bunkers, foxholes and buildings. There's also an additional 100-150 playable acres of BLM land surrounding the property. The terrain is pretty gnarly on this field and the hills can be a fun challenge. There's almost always a bunch of paintballs everywhere, it can be annoying if you don't want paint all over your gear.

Airsoft Pacific hosts OP games at Splat Action, the field is otherwise only open to Paintball. They allow Airsoft groups if you book in advance. They will also run Paintball games during your event, no matter how many players you bring out.

32155 S. Grimm Rd.
Molalla, Oregon 97038

Field Specific Rules:
You must sign Splat Action's waiver to play. BIO ammo only.

Field Pics

5560 5559 5558 5557 5556 5555 5554 5553
Matt

Team: APST

Re: Splat Action Paintball Park

Postby xMyThiicx » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:55 pm

I Played today their.
I gotta say i loved the structures and of most just of all the land and room to move around in. Besides the fact that their is some wondering paintballers since they do play when you play but of course on an opposite field.

Defiantly will go out their if theirs another event.

Ps the hills are serious leg killers
You are the "TACTIAL DUDE" you want to be :)
xMyThiicx
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby Jester316 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 pm

xMyThiicx wrote:I Played today their.
I gotta say i loved the structures and of most just of all the land and room to move around in. Besides the fact that their is some wondering paintballers since they do play when you play but of course on an opposite field.

Defiantly will go out their if theirs another event.

Ps the hills are serious leg killers

They are still having paintballers play at the same time airsoft is going? I thought they stopped that... Guess I STILL won't be going there...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Cyclops » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:15 pm

That's why our team hasn't played out there yet. Paintballers usually start pushing the airsofters out. Happens at most games hosted there. So I have read on AP. Not sure if our guys will ever play there after what happened the beginning of this year I believe at this field.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Jester316 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Cyclops wrote:That's why our team hasn't played out there yet. Paintballers usually start pushing the airsofters out. Happens at most games hosted there. So I have read on AP. Not sure if our guys will ever play there after what happened the beginning of this year I believe at this field.

That was the big reason games were stopped there (and since it was the only field for a time, it was very overplayed). No matter how many times I heard "there will be no paintballers there that day", there always were.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:08 am

The paintballers have never been a problem at the games I've hosted there. We've never had any paintballers wonder into our games. John, his staff, and I have worked very hard to coordinate this.

The "problem" that happened at the Easter Rising game was nothing more than a lack of understanding on one employees part on where we were playing, which was immediately resolved.

As Chuck D would say. "Don't believe the hype!" Cyclops, I've had some of your guys out (Flash, Weeds, don't know the other guys names) they had a great time, ask em or come out and see for yourself. I'm working very hard to make this beneficial for all parties. We had no external problems Saturday.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Matt » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:17 am

To be fair, the games being hosted there now are not as well attended. They would have to have a much larger group for Splat Action to even consider giving airsoft the entire field. Even if they did, they would still have to turn away walk-on customers. That's a great way to make customers angry. They had the same issue at Hole in the Wall paintball in Washington when P.S.A.C. used to host games there, full-time paintball fields always have scheduling conflicts.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Solid » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:41 pm

I haven't been there in years, but I've had some good times there. Old video, I'm sure the field has been re-renovated since then.

Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:53 am

And you're the punchline.

Why don't you stop necroing crap, in the other thread you spellchecked yourself from a year ago.

You must be really bored?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Rentax » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:12 pm

Bored or not necroposting is against the rules.

Although it sounds to me like someone's a little butthurt about his event... Clownbaby?

Now I don't know anything about the event because I was not there, but I can speak about this field since I have played it many tines in the past.
First, the airsoft community has had a lot of trouble with splat action in the past. The owner and or his employees don't have a lot of respect for airsofters and will often double book the field, or just allow paintballers on the field whenever they decide the airsofters should leave. Its has been a real problem in the past and is in no way a reflection of the event host. Its the field owners fault (or at least the guy running the field that day) in more recent years the field has made promises that it wouldn't happen any more and has invited us back, but it sounds like it was a problem? (Clownbaby I'd be interested in talking to you and getting more accurate information about what happened. I'm sorry to hear you had troubles)
Its got a lot of locations at the far end of the field and very little elsewhere. This makes field layout for tour event host very difficult because it is a very lopsided field. I've been to that field probably 20 times and I think I have only played that field once where the field host nailed the layout for their event. This field is also difficult because newer players will gravitate toward the village area which is in the lower half of the field causing some major traffic patterns and the game often degrades into a standoff over the village instead of whatever the scenario based play should have been. Like I said its a hard field to host on.
I'm sorry you didn't have a good time, but again it seems you don't have all the information and are complaining about things that were outside the hosts hands. Splat action has some interesting aspects and can be a very enjoyable feild, and worth the money and the drive.
P.S. complaining about the drive, but not telling us where you came from is pretty dumb. You may have come from Canada, and no its not worth the drive from Canada. However here in the Pacific NW driving an hour to go to a game is pretty normal, some players drive much further for much less. We have players regularly come in from Idaho, or Grants Pass. Complaining about the drive has more to do with wanting to complain than it does about anything about the event. I used to drive from Portland to La Center Wa every other weekend to play airsoft sometimes the games were great sometimes they weren't, but I was playing airsoft so it was always worth it.
We do what we want
Rentax

Postby Shortbu » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:21 pm

^^^this^^^
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:02 am

First off, I'm pretty sure the only reason this kid is trying to bash me is because he's been getting a little flak lately on some of his other threads, one of them being me asking him, politely IMO, (comparatively) to use capitalization and punctuation. Which he took as a personal attack, evidently.
But, you'll now notice an improvement in his grammar, so I think I did you a favor. ;)

Secondly, if it hadn't taken him almost a WHOLE F***ING YEAR to express his concerns on my game, and how too improve future games, (and telling us what game it was probably would help!) then Mmmaaybe I'd believe that there was actually a problem, or more so, a perceived problem, that sounds like a case of youth, and the impatience that goes along with it?
Let me point something else out. IT'S OUTDOOR AIRSOFT, OF COURSE THEIRS GONNA BE BUSHES. If we started in the bushes, it's because I wanted us in the bushes. You went on to say that you had fun once you got to play around the buildings. (If we only played around the buildings, somebody would complain about that, lol) So how can you call somebody's work a joke, and turn around and say it was fun?
Know what I think, from what I've gathered in the past with my games is this. The only people who complain about my games, who just phony pony, without doing it constructively, either were hacks, or weren't there.
I'm hoping that you don't fall into one of these categories.

I'm not butthurt. :|

Edit: I've never taken the game off property, I have however used less used parts of the map. (Starlog to mounds, hardly off the map) But more so, you'd never been there before, so how would you know the boundaries anyway?
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Playfields