Oregon Airsoft Arena

Places to play Airsoft.

Re: Oregon Airsoft Arena

Postby Viper [TFW-W07] » Mon May 28, 2012 3:55 pm

i realize this topic is dead, but whatever

Im coming down to portland in august for a while, i was curious how much $ it would cost to rent out the arena for 3 plus hours? just the arena, no guns or gear or bbs..... thanks, and im pretty sure this is better than tac ops.. thanks
Viper [TFW-W07]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: TFW, TaskForceWeasel, Weasel Squad

Postby $tealth » Mon May 28, 2012 4:00 pm

bkdude7 wrote:i realize this topic is dead, but whatever

Im coming down to portland in august for a while, i was curious how much $ it would cost to rent out the arena for 3 plus hours? just the arena, no guns or gear or bbs..... thanks, and im pretty sure this is better than tac ops.. thanks

You'd have to ask them. Their number is 503-985-8326.

It's waaay better than Tac Ops.
I'm no gearwhore. I prefer "Connoisseur of Fine Tactical Garments".
See me? No? Good.
According to society, I'm too retarded to have life.
"I don't think he knows we're here..." *POP POP POP* *HIT!*
What's gonna work? DUCT TAPE!
$tealth
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Slowgun » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:47 pm

This place is awesome! Played there all day today and they had great service, a great arena, and lots of competition. I'm definetly going to play here again. It's way cheaper than tac ops, I paid $20 to play all day instead of paying the same price for 50 minutes at tac ops. Not to mention their field is way bigger. The owner is a great guy as well, and they had wonderful customer service. I highly recommend this arena to anyone who is going to be in the portland area and is ready to play!
"Friendly fire, isn't"
Slowgun
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AFL-235 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Slowgun wrote:This place is awesome! Played there all day today and they had great service, a great arena, and lots of competition. I'm definetly going to play here again. It's way cheaper than tac ops, I paid $20 to play all day instead of paying the same price for 50 minutes at tac ops. Not to mention their field is way bigger. The owner is a great guy as well, and they had wonderful customer service. I highly recommend this arena to anyone who is going to be in the portland area and is ready to play!

Yah, was a fun day today. Crowd wasnt the average young kiddies. Oregon airsoft arena has really opened up the arena while adding new structures which has helped out game play. The pro shop has expanded as much as it can and looks better then acouple of months ago. Ive been making my way out there when ive had free time and have had fun. prices are good and I would also say this place is worth checking out if you thought about going. :french: :gangsta:
AFL-235
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Junto » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Pics of the improvements or they never happened.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Orwell » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Junto wrote:Pics of the improvements or they never happened.

+1
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby $tealth » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:32 am

I asked them if they were going to post pictures on Facebook, but they haven't yet.
They added a wall of guns, repainted the peg board, added a wall to cover up the area with the rental guns and such, and I believe they added some tactical gear as well. Definitely looks better than before.
I'm no gearwhore. I prefer "Connoisseur of Fine Tactical Garments".
See me? No? Good.
According to society, I'm too retarded to have life.
"I don't think he knows we're here..." *POP POP POP* *HIT!*
What's gonna work? DUCT TAPE!
$tealth
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:48 am

There's an entire virtual tour embedded on the first page of this post. I went in and shot the place for Google + Local, so instead of just seeing photos of the improvements you can walk the show room and the arena.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Viper [TFW-W07] » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:33 pm

do they allow thunder b's or tornado impact grenades?
Viper [TFW-W07]
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mongrol » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:44 pm

tornado grenades are allowed. Thunder B's only during private party b/c some kids drop and break rentals. Also, to clear up the apparent confusion, safety kills are for only when you're SNEAKING around and come up either BEHIND or out of someones sight. Emphasis on the sneaking and behind b/c it seems everyone thinks that you are required to safety kill at a certain range. Safety kills are an act of kindness. You dont have to. You are allowed and encouraged to shoot people at close range if you're face to face with them and charging up. Shoot and keep moving. If you're sneaking around, be nice about it and safety kill people instead of shooting them from behind when there's no need to do so.
Formerly Jaydork
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Soldier G65434-2 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Well, seems like they've made a few changes to the place since I was last there, both to the actual arena and the store. Seems to be a pretty decent store now, actually. Maybe I'll have to stop by again, and school just got out, so there will be a lot of kids to shoot. :D
Soldier G65434-2
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Icepick » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:28 am

I'm gonna visit OAA this weekend while I shoot the shit and play Diablo 3.

I'll come back with a full report for this thread.

And since I might not make it back alive through the slew of children, wish me luck.
Please disregard any previous posts made by this user.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Viper [TFW-W07] » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:10 pm

i think its hella funny that a kid would drop a rental m4 gun after a loud sound went off, and its even more funny if it'd break from a 2 foot fall.... but thats just me :)
Viper [TFW-W07]
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Icepick » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Well, I took a visit to this place for the first time in a while.

Overall, I would give Oregon Airsoft Arena a 1/10. Why would it score that low? First of all, 75% of the crowd is kids younger than 12, and the rest of the crowd... Well, I'll get to them. These little kids wouldn't be a problem if they weren't so damn annoying, and would actually play instead of standing in the spawn crying for mommy. Next off, the field is so damn small it makes me want to scream and they even drew a line in the middle of it which your team cannot cross. There are no gameplay dynamics, and you will literally run 20 feet (yes, 20 feet) and be shot, or shoot somebody else and then get shot by the same person after they respawn. It's the same routine for EVERY gameplay scenario.

Now, to the most annoying part, the other 25% of the crowd. They are people that I've seen around for a while and they seem pretty nice until they get onto the field. It's a father and two sons, the Goo family if I remember correctly. And these guys DO NOT TAKE HITS. So... What's worse than people who don't take hits? MORE PEOPLE THAT DON'T TAKE HITS! They have gathered a following of little kids, who dress in half-assed Marpat loadouts. There were about 12 of them there on Saturday, all on the same team, and all through the hour that I played our whole team had something to say about these guys not taking hits. I even saw on numerous accounts my bb's hitting them 5 to 6 times on the chest, back, or helmet, and them staying in cover until they turned and shot me. This is 100% bullshit, and is the exact reason why I would highly recommend you to stay away from this place. And these aren't even the only people that don't take their hits either.

The reason my rating is a 1/10 is because it is simply an unenjoyable experience to be there. There is absolutely no fun to be found at that arena anymore, and the people that don't take their hits have exponentially grown in numbers. Which in turn makes airsoft impossible to play there.

(Now I know there are a few of you that will try to give me some lip for being butthurt, but really. If I leave the place after an hour of play, and come home butthurt and give off a huge rant, don't you think that's another sign that OAA is deserving of a 1/10? I'm not that sensible, or caring, or logical, or whatever to you guys but you have to understand that this is an experience that can even make ME furious. I'm trolled, my jimmies are rustled, I'm mad, I wet my diaper, whatever you want to say the bottom line is that this place is a load of shit, and will never have my business again. I am purely and wholesomely pissed off to no end from my trip to Oregon Airsoft Arena, and I would highly suggest you all stay away from it as well.)

On another note:
Have they improved the arena? Yes. The arena has grown a lot in size since S4, and they seem to make decent use of the space.

Have they improved the pro shop? Yes. I would even buy from them myself if it wasn't such a trip out there. Their prices are fair and they have a lot of inventory.

Are the people that work there nice? Yes. In fact the guy that owns the place, Terry, is great and has helped me out many times. The other employees are all good people as well.

My hat's off to them for actually fixing up the place, and making it look nice. But other than that, the place is a joke and has practically turned airsoft into laser tag. If you don't want to listen to me, or don't believe me, at least heed my warning: Do not visit OAA to play there, and do not bestow any hope you have left for CQB in it for you will only leave pissed off and wishing for your time and money back.
Please disregard any previous posts made by this user.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Mongrol » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Overall, I would give Oregon Airsoft Arena a 1/10. Why would it score that low? First of all, 75% of the crowd is kids younger than 12, and the rest of the crowd... Well, I'll get to them. These little kids wouldn't be a problem if they weren't so damn annoying, and would actually play instead of standing in the spawn crying for mommy. Next off, the field is so damn small it makes me want to scream and they even drew a line in the middle of it which your team cannot cross. There are no gameplay dynamics, and you will literally run 20 feet (yes, 20 feet) and be shot, or shoot somebody else and then get shot by the same person after they respawn. It's the same routine for EVERY gameplay scenario.

Now, to the most annoying part, the other 25% of the crowd. They are people that I've seen around for a while and they seem pretty nice until they get onto the field. It's a father and two sons, the Goo family if I remember correctly. And these guys DO NOT TAKE HITS. So... What's worse than people who don't take hits? MORE PEOPLE THAT DON'T TAKE HITS! They have gathered a following of little kids, who dress in half-assed Marpat loadouts. There were about 12 of them there on Saturday, all on the same team, and all through the hour that I played our whole team had something to say about these guys not taking hits. I even saw on numerous accounts my bb's hitting them 5 to 6 times on the chest, back, or helmet, and them staying in cover until they turned and shot me. This is 100% bullshit, and is the exact reason why I would highly recommend you to stay away from this place. And these aren't even the only people that don't take their hits either.

The reason my rating is a 1/10 is because it is simply an unenjoyable experience to be there. There is absolutely no fun to be found at that arena anymore, and the people that don't take their hits have exponentially grown in numbers. Which in turn makes airsoft impossible to play there.

(Now I know there are a few of you that will try to give me some lip for being butthurt, but really. If I leave the place after an hour of play, and come home butthurt and give off a huge rant, don't you think that's another sign that OAA is deserving of a 1/10? I'm not that sensible, or caring, or logical, or whatever to you guys but you have to understand that this is an experience that can even make ME furious. I'm trolled, my jimmies are rustled, I'm mad, I wet my diaper, whatever you want to say the bottom line is that this place is a load of shit, and will never have my business again. I am purely and wholesomely pissed off to no end from my trip to Oregon Airsoft Arena, and I would highly suggest you all stay away from it as well.)

On another note:
Have they improved the arena? Yes. The arena has grown a lot in size since S4, and they seem to make decent use of the space.

Have they improved the pro shop? Yes. I would even buy from them myself if it wasn't such a trip out there. Their prices are fair and they have a lot of inventory.

Are the people that work there nice? Yes. In fact the guy that owns the place, Terry, is great and has helped me out many times. The other employees are all good people as well.

My hat's off to them for actually fixing up the place, and making it look nice. But other than that, the place is a joke and has practically turned airsoft into laser tag. If you don't want to listen to me, or don't believe me, at least heed my warning: Do not visit OAA to play there, and do not bestow any hope you have left for CQB in it for you will only leave pissed off and wishing for your time and money back.

icepick... of all the things i could say. First of all, the white line in the middle is for one gametype only. In any game other than domination the entire field is open.

Secondly, i play there on average once or twice a week and the goo's are there quite often. I've never had an issue with them not calling their hits or have heard anybody else complain about them. You also say that you shoot them and they wait then shoot you... then about a 2 lines later you say "And these aren't even the people who don't take their hits" (also there is no way you could count them as "the other 25%)

Thirdly, about 5% of kids there actually stand in the corner. Most of that 75% just need a little inspiration boost and they are incredibly useful for guarding an area. On this topic, those kids shouldn't be any annoyance whatsoever. You just worry about yourself and let them do their own thing whether it be getting shot a lot or standing in the corner.

Fourth, if you couldnt get more than 20 feet without getting shot then you just weren't doing very well. It's not hard to get anywhere in that arena if you move fast enough and low enough.

Fifth, there are lots of gameplay dynamics. You just ignored or didnt understand them. The only game with no "dynamics" is TDM.

Sixth, the number of people who don't call their hits has never wavered at the arena since S4 was there. There's always going to be a small group that likes to play their way.

Lastly, if you left after only an hour, then you didnt play more than 4-6 games. That's pathetic to write a review off of. To conclude, if you're really that butthurt about the whole thing, then you either have some head issues you need to get taken care of, or you aren't as good as you thought you were and had that proven while you were there.
Formerly Jaydork
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Playfields