[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Oregon Airsoft Arena - Page 6 - Playfields

Oregon Airsoft Arena

Places to play Airsoft.

Re: Oregon Airsoft Arena

Postby Icepick » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Please disregard any previous posts made by this user.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Mongrol » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:59 pm

my apologies my man. I have had issues with people now and then not taking hits but i just keep shooting at the areas that hurt haha. I've just never noticed it with the goo's.

As for moving around, my own experience is that, unless the other team is spawn camping which the admins are good about not letting happen, I havent had a hard time getting out of my spawn.

just a suggestion but try taking the organizing into your own hands and see how it works, usually before a objective game i'll try to run over with my team what should be done and it generally works whereas when nobody says anything, you're right, it does become a cluster shazaam

lastly, as for my questioning your skill level. Sorry bout that, let a little too much emotion into that haha. I love the place, go there all the time, and know most of the people there so it's hard to have an unbiased view.
Formerly Jaydork
Mongrol
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Viper [TFW-W07] » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:03 pm

i went there bout 10 days ago, first cqb field ever, i live 4 hours away so not a suprise, anyway, from what ive seen if you shoot and hit somebody, they call there hits, yes the fields small, yes the proshop is small, but at least its there and its hella bigger than tac ops, when i went there were not to many kids as were more teens and adults, i only had 1 problem, a dumbass with a shotgun safety killed 2 people, i then safety killed him and then he turned around, and shot me, insteadf of opening up i called my hit.... i think thatyou should really try to have fun and just enjoy it and have a time and play at a disadvantage like a game if there not calling hits, well those are my 2 cents
Viper [TFW-W07]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: TFW, TaskForceWeasel, Weasel Squad

Postby Icepick » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Hamster » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Shoot that family till they ragebitch or call their hits. They complain that they've been lit up so hard? Too bad for them. Call them out to Terry, and make the admins watch gameplay. To be honest, I never see the admins doing anything. Once, I swear one guy was playing WoW in the admin box.

75% of the crowd are 12 and under. So what? More midget targets to help be meat shields, and they're just getting into our god-forsaken hobby. They'll realize they're wasting mom's money on this arena like I, and it hurts little Timmy's elbow.

Also, it's bleeding speedball. Run out, shoot fools, run back to a spawn and run back in. Expecting "super 1337 seal team 6 ragnar basebal sli3d taktiks"? Too bad. Baseball slide wherever the shazaam you feel like. It works sometimes. Playing an objective game? bleeding do the objective shit while people run the shazaam around, and yell at kids to cover you while you raise that bloody flag. It works as soon as you've somehow miraculously gotten somebody to provide suppressing fire onto a spot covering you.

I'd go back to OAA. Terry is a cool guy, but the players visiting there might be piles of shit. So if they don't call their hits? Shoot them till they do. Load up on tornado grenades or something. You're there to shoot bitches and be shot at. It's not Mil-sim or anything, it's bleeding speedball with overly loud wubstep and songs I swear were on my iPod before I lost it, and also on my iTunes playlist with WoW playing dudes in an man cave in progress keeping track of time chillin' around.

Go there for adrenaline, to yell at kids to do stuff, and to shoot shit and have good times.

Sometimes, First impressions are worthless. Bad time? Sometimes the answer is "Try again". I have fun most of the time when I go, despite the idiots ruining your fun. Shrug it off and shoot at them. Bring friends and have them follow your lead or something. I might have had a bad time once or twice actually, but I go back anyways and hope I don't run into those guys again.

I need to stop using profanities so often. It makes me feel like a pooper.

My twenty dollars. Or was it supposed to be a cent?

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Icepick » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Honestly, I would light them up, but I'm not really a confrontational kind of guy. That would cause problems and I don't think they would take that well. As for reporting it to Terry or the admins, it really doesn't matter to me anymore since I'm never going there again anyways. What happens there is none of my business, and never will be.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Darius137 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:51 am

Just unload on them until they call their hits? If you don't call your hits you're saying "Keep shooting me, I know you like it"
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Mcluvin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:22 pm

I was there Friday night and played on the opposite team of Mongrol. The only person that consistently didn't call his hits was at least 25-30 years old, so the kiddies weren't too bad with the "invincible" problem. They do however tend to sit in one corner, but Mongrol is right when he says that a majority of those kids just need a little inspiration boost. I only had a problem with one little guy on my team, because he stood 5 feet out of our own spawn and just shot walls and lights. He wouldn't listen to us when we told him that where to go, or even suggested anything to him. If people really aren't calling there hits, then aim where it hurts, or run up closer. At one point, a couple people didn't call there hits, so I lapped the entire arena twice just to safety kill them a couple times each. If they don't honor the safety kill, then shoot them. When you are standing face to face at that point, they can't deny that they have been hit. And as Hamster said, if you get all pissy about everyone else running around in circles and being an idiot, complete the damn objective yourself. It's not that hard. I give the arena a 7/10. It's no CQB City, but it is fun if you make the best of it and don't phony pony about every damn thing you find not up par according to you. Primarily aimed at Icepick.
forgottensons.webs.com
Mcluvin
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [FS]

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:06 pm

CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Icepick » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby $tealth » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:47 pm

The Goo's are usually pretty good at calling their hits. At least when I'm around. The older guy doesn't always call them, but I just run up and light him up and he usually calls it.

The kiddies almost never go farther than 10 feet from the spawn. So what. There's almost always a couple adults there for you to work with and complete objectives. Sometimes there's a little 10 year old kid there with his dad and he almost always does just as well as all the adults/older kids. I actually saw one running around with a USP Match... One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Sure the Admins don't pay much attention sometimes, but you can always just go knock on the door and say "such and such aren't calling their hits" and he'll usually either remind everyone to call hits on the mic, or remind them after that round in the staging area.

Most of the time the kiddies come on Saturday/Sunday. I go on Wednesdays and there are virtually no kiddies. If there are any, they're pretty good for their size. But now that school's ended, everyone is always there... But it means they give away something a little more worth while for the raffle.
I'm no gearwhore. I prefer "Connoisseur of Fine Tactical Garments".
See me? No? Good.
According to society, I'm too retarded to have life.
"I don't think he knows we're here..." *POP POP POP* *HIT!*
What's gonna work? DUCT TAPE!
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Yoaty » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Sorry to back onto the debate about safety kills, but here are the bad parts about safety kills, and yes, before I start, I am 14. Get over it.
Safety Kills: There is that 2/3 chance that A) the person, (if under the age of 14) will be so overcome with fear, that they will shoot you.
Message me if you have a GBB pistol for under $100! I would love to take it off your hands!
Yoaty
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Viper [TFW-W07] » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:13 pm

im 14 as well, i safety killed a adult and he turned around and shot me point blank with a three shot shot gun, so safety kills arent to nescary, however i felt bad when they said free for all in a game and i shot like 3 11 year olds from less than 10 ft away, but whatever, i look forward to going this upcoming friday from bend or, then hitting up aonw and summer slaughter, it will be teh only 2nd time ever playing cqb.. hope to see you guuys then!
Viper [TFW-W07]
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DJ » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 pm

One thing to keep in mind at this locale is that there are many people who have no idea of what a safety kill are about. The last time I was there We discussed it and the other team of tough guys laughed off safety kills. It was not so funny when I lit several of them up at less than 5 feet. They fully understood after that.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Postby Viper [TFW-W07] » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 pm

there not nescary if you both see eachother coming, if your coming from the side or rear on somebody then there nescary (i safet y killed the shotgun guy from behind) but not the kids in the free for all game since they tried to shoot me..
Viper [TFW-W07]
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Playfields