Oregon Airsoft Arena

Places to play Airsoft.

Re: Oregon Airsoft Arena

Postby Darius137 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:27 am

Cosmos wrote:
Unicorn wrote:
KWAmadness wrote:how does all the pricing work? and whats the difference between this and tac ops cqb? thanks

The difference between tac ops and this, is tac ops is full auto and OAA is semi only. Another difference is that tac ops walls are nailed down and OAA walls can move so if you want you can rent it out and change the whole arena. Tac ops is also more expensive and the owners are meh.

I must chime in for those who might care. Tac-Ops includes Gun rental/Mask/BBs in the price.
If you want to use OAAs guns, masks, and BBs it will cost you $40 on top of price to play.
This is a definite decision maker say If you are taking people who've never played and don't have gear or if you want quick action without having to get all your stuff out of the closet.

Tac-Ops also has specific days that you can bring in your own guns.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby $tealth » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:38 pm

drpepper475 wrote:
$tealth wrote:Sometimes there aren't as many little kids... A lot of birthday parties and such. Still fun.

says the guy who is 13...

By little kids I mean like 10 yr olds...
I'm no gearwhore. I prefer "Connoisseur of Fine Tactical Garments".
See me? No? Good.
According to society, I'm too retarded to have life.
"I don't think he knows we're here..." *POP POP POP* *HIT!*
What's gonna work? DUCT TAPE!
$tealth
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Orwell » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:21 pm

$tealth wrote:By little kids I mean like 10 yr olds...

Eh. Fair enough. The difference in maturity between 10 and 13 is astronomical. That said, you'll be thought of as a kid by the snobby teens and 20- somethings until you're at least 18, and the majority of people until you're well past 20. ;)
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby $tealth » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:55 am

HartThrob wrote:
$tealth wrote:By little kids I mean like 10 yr olds...

Eh. Fair enough. The difference in maturity between 10 and 13 is astronomical. That said, you'll be thought of as a kid by the snobby teens and 20- somethings until you're at least 18, and the majority of people until you're well past 20. ;)

Yup. One night there was this 10 yr old with full ACU BDUs and a KWA. He kicked a$$. I almost laughed. And of course he had the highest little voice... Pretty funny to watch.
See me? No? Good.
$tealth
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eudorus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:10 pm

I don't blame OAA for being geared towards kids. Afterall, there's no standing boycott of the facility amongst the 10-18 crowd as there is amongst some in the more "Mature" airsofter crowd and the kids keep his business open.

As an airsoft arena owner the kids pay your rent.
Ludere Causa Ludendi
Winner MSW Patrolling challenge, May 2013
Eudorus
Ranger
Ranger

Team: The 144

Postby $tealth » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Eudorus wrote:I don't blame OAA for being geared towards kids. Afterall, there's no standing boycott of the facility amongst the 10-18 crowd as there is amongst some in the more "Mature" airsofter crowd and the kids keep his business open.

As an airsoft arena owner the kids pay your rent.

Pretty much.
See me? No? Good.
$tealth
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ricochet » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Let's face it. OAA is a business and has to be able to support the lease, lights and waste. So he is going to run his business as he sees fit to stay in business and around here that means kiddies. OAA runs most games in semi only (but they allow burst mosfets) and some in full auto. That is partially because if you light someone up in CQB on full auto at <25 ft you WILL leave welts and you WILL probably hurt someone (although not bad) so take that into consideration too.

There is nothing wrong with kiddies. Most the kids can't play at the outdoor events because insurance reasons call for older kids. 10 yr old kids can play indoors so they do and they bring the $$$ all weekend long. It is our responsibility as veteran/older airsofters to foster safe, responsible and honest game play. If you go to the arena and you don't like what you see then find the kid after the game and coach them in a responsible manner. Don't yell, don't swear and don't accuse. Coach them. They are the future outdoor airsofters and if you don't want them to be a douche on the field then nip it in the bud in the arena.

That being said. Some of his decisions are driven by insurance requirements and in this respect his hands are tied so don't think that he's just being a jerk about it, cause he's not. His staff knows these requirements so they aren't being jerks either. They are trying to protect themselves from getting sued by some D-bag lawyer that would try to claim the waiver didn't cover HIS clients situation and stay in business.

If you want to do something different then give Terry a call and tell him what your looking to do and what your price range is. He is very supportive of the airsoft community and wants to see it grow in a safe and responsible manner and will work with your team(s) if you want to do an event or private indoor games and you can set it however you want. He will work with you ESPECIALLY if you can do it on an off day and not take his prime spots, if you want a prime spot (Fri-Sun) then you are going to have to pay for it.
Nothing like taking a walk in the woods....and getting shot at.
www.phantomfuryairsoft.com
Ricochet
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:23 pm

It is a business for making money not pleasing us. Doesn't mean we have to like it. No reason we shouldn't say "We don't like it because of this"

I don't see how it's our responsibility to teach younger players.
Nothing wrong with yelling, swearing, or a correct accusation either.
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby Darius137 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:45 pm

Transition wrote:pretty sure if you ever throw a "knife" at me, you are getting shot and than having a long talking too.

If I throw a knife at you, you're going to gurgle a bit then probably stop moving.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Oregon-airsoft.com » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Knife throwing real or fake is not allowed at Oregon-Airsoft Arena, if you do you will be asked to leave and not come back.
Oregon-airsoft.com
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Variable » Fri May 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Thread cleaned. Keep it on topic.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby ThunderBGuru » Mon May 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Steve wrote:Not that stays open very long. Seems like kids are where the money is at when it comes to CQB shops.

The Oregon airsoft Arena is good only when it comes to the weekend day of Sunday. If you go on Saturday then you will run into a lot of kids. I stopped going on Saturday simply because of the kids that go, they don't allow thunder B's when children are there. So I guess that would be another pro to going on a Sunday.

Sunday is the day to go. No kids = fun time for you and friends, good people (college students/parent's/adults) and of course the thunder B's.
ThunderBGuru
Recruit
Recruit

Postby $tealth » Mon May 21, 2012 9:04 pm

ThunderBGuru wrote:
Steve wrote:Not that stays open very long. Seems like kids are where the money is at when it comes to CQB shops.

The Oregon airsoft Arena is good only when it comes to the weekend day of Sunday. If you go on Saturday then you will run into a lot of kids. I stopped going on Saturday simply because of the kids that go, they don't allow thunder B's when children are there. So I guess that would be another pro to going on a Sunday.

Sunday is the day to go. No kids = fun time for you and friends, good people (college students/parent's/adults) and of course the thunder B's.

I didn't realize they allowed Thunder Bs at all.
See me? No? Good.
$tealth
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spazgar » Wed May 23, 2012 10:38 am

So I was wondering does anyone really go during the week? I know people have to work but I have a weird schedule so I can come whenever. I'm about an hour and half away so I don't want to show up and no one really be there. Plus I would love to train with some of the teams just as an extra player if needed.
spazgar
Grunt
Grunt

Postby $tealth » Thu May 24, 2012 4:21 pm

spazgar wrote:So I was wondering does anyone really go during the week? I know people have to work but I have a weird schedule so I can come whenever. I'm about an hour and half away so I don't want to show up and no one really be there. Plus I would love to train with some of the teams just as an extra player if needed.

I don't think teams go very often, if at all. But I go on Wednesdays.
See me? No? Good.
$tealth
$tealth
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Playfields