Biak Training Facility

Places to play Airsoft.

Biak Training Facility

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:55 pm

KWAmadness wrote: in the mean time they need something out here in Bend, or!!

Have you tried the biak facility?

http://www.biaktrainingcenter.com/

I have a corporate event there in the next month or so, with paintball; airsoft can't be rented and is too expensive to outfit an office with. But their rental rates seem pretty reasonable for organized events.
Johnny Mnemonic
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Oregon Airsoft Arena

Postby Viper [TFW-W07] » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Johnny Mnemonic wrote:
KWAmadness wrote: in the mean time they need something out here in Bend, or!!

Have you tried the biak facility?

http://www.biaktrainingcenter.com/

I have a corporate event there in the next month or so, with paintball; airsoft can't be rented and is too expensive to outfit an office with. But their rental rates seem pretty reasonable for organized events.

Wait i looked on the website, so can i pay $ for a private game? of airsoft? do i just contact them? thanks
Viper [TFW-W07]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: TFW, TaskForceWeasel, Weasel Squad

Re: Oregon Airsoft Arena

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:17 pm

My employer rented the facility for $100 for a day-long event. Of course, you will need to provide everything you want: weapons, ammo, safety gear, and the all important enemies you want to shoot.

We were asked to use bio paintballs. Besides that I don't know if they have any restrictions, like mandatory safety protocols or what. If you contact them and get more information about private use I think there's others in this group that would be interested in what you learn.
Johnny Mnemonic
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Biak Training Facility

Postby KWAmadness » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:47 pm

is there a certain person that i should contact on the website? out of the few? thanks
KWAmadness
Recruit
Recruit

Postby LettuceHead » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:40 pm

I go to WW2 reenactments at BIAK. Typically they are Italy or Sicily events.
A couple of notes:

1) There is virtually nothing out there. You will need to arrange and pay for porta-potties. They have a few 'water buffalo' trailers here and there with potable water but otherwise you need to pack it all in. Zero electrical access, so no plug-in battery recharging.

2) The terrain is actually less than ideal for airsoft IMO. The amount of brush and cover is sparse so it will be lots and lots of long range shooting.

3) While you have to pay to hold a large event there, there is a lot of day use visitors as well. It is a popular place for target shooting, thus you may run into people shooting real steel. They have every right to be there as you do, so you may have to change areas/ objectives on the fly to deal with it.

In short, its far less than optimum.
LettuceHead
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KWAmadness » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:55 pm

well also i heard there MOUT field has buildings and is more cqb and close quarters with close and medium range shooting??? i could be wayayayay off so im just trying to get a feel for whats the deel :)
KWAmadness
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Yeah, I had a hard time getting a feel for the place too. Their website is kinda not well suited for retail games--I think by design. It's not clear what $100 gets you, I think it's just one of the zones. It's why I brought it up, to see if any one had had any success there.

I think the best course is just to go out there and talk to the guy. It appears to be staffed during regular business hours, and I think they'll give you more run down.

I agree that it might not be ideal--esp wrt to cover. If you're in this thread, you know what the foliage cover is like in central oregon, not very nice. But there appears to be a new-ish building scenario that is maybe a dozen acres of building and roads, so it might be well suited for a fallujah type scenario rather than the hide and crawls that are more popular on the wet side of the mountains.

If anyone gets an organized game up, make sure to post in the calendar. I think we might get some interest from folks all around this part of the state.
Johnny Mnemonic
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Playfields