I just started AirSoft, where to play?

Places to play Airsoft.

I just started AirSoft, where to play?

Postby Izodn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:01 am

Hello, I thought this would be a great place to ask some questions about the sport that peaked my interest. I've got an old Double Eagle M82 (assault rifle, don't let the name trick you), and a KJW M9 GBB is on the way. Question is, where can I use them.
Is there any arena-like things for more adult-minded players?
Where is the cheapest (just to get out and shoot) place to play?
Any woodland airsoft areas?

By the way I'd appreciate any areas near McMinnville hopefully no more than 50miles away from zip 97128.

I'm also looking to join/start a team, but I'll play with like-minded people, message me if you're interested.

Izodn
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: I just started AirSoft, where to play?

Postby code789 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:28 am

If you check in the event Calender you can see that there is a event this weekend in silverton for free. Anyone is welcome and this is a great place for you to start.

On a side note though you probably should throw that cheap Walmart gun away before you play in a adult-minded game
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Izodn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 am

code789 wrote:If you check in the event Calender you can see that there is a event this weekend in silverton for free. Anyone is welcome and this is a great place for you to start.

On a side note though you probably should throw that cheap Walmart gun away before you play in a adult-minded game

Thanks for the reply, but as it is, I don't have much more to spend, and still need camo and before I upgrade I would like to test-run this before I spend much more.
Izodn
Recruit
Recruit

Postby STRIK3 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:26 am

You cant upgrade that gun in any way. I'd highly recommend getting something better before you go out. Camouflage and cool-guy tac gear isn't the first thing you should focus on, but a working gun instead. You can have fun airsofting in jeans and a T-Shirt, but it'll be all for naught if your gun is busted up. The guns we use are built to a much higher standard of quality and performance than Big 5 blasters, many higher-end AEGs will literally shoot holes in your DE.CYMA makes a surprisingly bullet-proof AK that can be had for less than $100. The mag will hold 600 rounds which will hold you out for a good while.

As for camouflage, Goodwill is a good place to start, especially around Halloween when they put out all their costume stuff. A set of basic woodland camo can be had for <$20. As for gear, ALICE gear is cheap and readily available online or at many surplus stores. Also look up CHICOM canvas chest rigs, they are specifically designed to hold AK magazines and can be had for less than $30. ALICE is light weight, inexpensive, and holds everything you'll really need. Most importantly, a pair of good, waterproof boots is a must, especially with fall and winter coming up. It gets cold and wet out there and you'll be miserable in tennis shoes.

If you're looking to join a team, there are many great established groups around here to choose from. Go out to a few games, get to know people, see who you hit it off with, you'll most likely find the right team for you.

Anyhow, welcome to AP. Airsoft is a fun hobby that is only as expensive as you let it become. See you on the field 8)
ISAF-C, The 144, Rushing Russians OR/Willamette Valley KВДВ

http://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveRiskControlServices
STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:33 am

Play with what you have. I'd suggest saving up for a better gun, but in the meantime use it.
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby Orwell » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:45 am

*facepalm*

Welcome to AP. The order of importance for gear is:
1)Gun.
2)Ammo/extra mags
3)Water and a way to have it on field.
4)Whatever else.

Two and three are sometimes switched. Used weapon sales also often offer great gear. Keep your eye on the market here, at least one really good deal is available per month on a solid rifle.
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Hamster » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 am

Izodn wrote:
code789 wrote:If you check in the event Calender you can see that there is a event this weekend in silverton for free. Anyone is welcome and this is a great place for you to start.

Thanks for the reply, but as it is, I don't have much more to spend, and still need camo and before I upgrade I would like to test-run this before I spend much more.

Camoflauge patterns are only for team identification now days.

Those cheap DE guns are not on par with most replicas out on the field.

Also, forgot facepro.

And water. .

Welcome to AP.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jewish Ninja » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 am

The main reason people are suggesting a different AEG is that the DE M82, for a lack of a better word, is shit. The range and power that it produces means you'll be outgunned and not have any fun at a game. I'm not saying this to be a tool, I'm trying to help steer you in the right direction to enjoy your first airsoft experience. God knows this hobby is a money and time sink, but if you really want to enjoy it, you need a much better starting point.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... s_id=10279

That, a spare hi-cap, some shooting glasses and good boots and you're ready to rock. A bottle full of BBs isn't a bad idea either (dry out a water bottle and stuff it full of BBs. Then you can pour the BBs into the hi-cap when you need to reload.)

As for where to play, Ivan is hosting a skirmish at his field next weekend (though Randal and Wes are hosting a game there this weekend). It doesn't cost anything to play there and it's a great field. His place is about 45mi from your neck of the woods.

There are other free places to play as well, but Ivan's field sees the most use and love (and cow shit).
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby drpepper475 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:12 pm

you can get by with a starter aeg and some ammo. everything else is second to those.

i own one of these: http://airsoftoutletnw.com/products/air ... ee-battery

it has been upgraded since ,but i loved it as a starter. just my 2 cents.
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Postby Deathlycobra » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Looking into the classifieds for a new gun isn't to bad either, sometimes you can find good deals on guns that have already the issues worked out of them.
Deathlycobra
Specops
Specops

Return to Playfields