Play fields for Portland

Places to play Airsoft.

Play fields for Portland

Postby brandon2365 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Okay so the only options are basically Tac-Ops and Oreon Airsoft Arena. I've heard that the owner of Tac is a douche bag. But I've never seen him. But anyway, I was wondering where there are good places to play without all the the hassle of douche nozzles running their mouths. I'm getting tired of TacOps and of little kids. Anyone got any places? ;)
brandon2365
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A
Location: Portland, Oregon or sitting outside your bedroom while you sleep

Re: Play fields for Portland

Postby brandon2365 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Just a quick side note about TacOps, I had gone there on one of the weds. And I bought 5 and got another 5, played 3 then they closed because no one came. Didn't get refunded when they decided to close. Oh and you have the choice of either, in my choice 8 free games on weds. Or 4 on any other day. pokerface.jpeg Wasted money. Thanks...:|
brandon2365
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Hamster » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm

I say you should use Google maps, or just not phony pony about the lack of fields and arenas.

Or just drive up to Washington. There's The Airsoft Center in Tacoma.

Besides, those are your two options. Not happy with them? Make your own or something.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby brandon2365 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Hamster wrote:I say you should use Google maps, or just not phony pony about the lack of fields and arenas.

Or just drive up to Washington. There's The Airsoft Center in Tacoma.

Besides, those are your two options. Not happy with them? Make your own or something.

Now, now, temper, temper. And I'm not "bitching" about the fields. I'm simply just asking if anyone knows where one would be at. And you can't use Google Maps if you have no idea what your searching for. Just being so vague when your clearly dishing out bs for no reason. Show some respect. :doubt:
brandon2365
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Rentax » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:39 pm

At the risk of getting yelled at I'm going to fire away here...
Your question is vague, are you asking for play fields in the area (as the title would imply) or are you asking for indoor CQC arenas type places, that will allow your to pay to play on any given day?
If you are looking for the latter of the two your options are basically the ones you listed, Tac Ops or Oregon Airsoft Arena, in the area, and yes there is Tac-Tac up in Tacoma. These are the kind of place where you are going to go in any day, pay money to play airsoft with who ever else shows up with less than imaginative game styles and a First Person Shooter team mentality. Generally the guys you meet working at places like this have larger than life impression of their "mad skillz". This is usually because they have tested their skills again the hundreds of pre-teen and teenage FPS-airsofters who walk through their doors weekly. Many of these people will judge their achievements with some imaginative kill to death ratio, that can neither be confirmed or denied because he may have been shooting in the general direction when someone got hit.
In simple terms what I am saying here is you will find a younger audience at places like this, you are going to find D-bags at places like this and although they can be enjoyable and they do have their uses for tactical movement training, escape and evasion techniques, and some team building play, you're not going to find milsim or CQC training at places like this.

If you are asking about play fields there are many "in the area." However you have to keep in mind that when I say play fields I mean a place where one can safely and legally play airsoft, but may not be a venue that is open for play any day of the week without making a few phone calls, or without contacting a field representative. Some of these field are pay fields, some are not... The downside to these fields is that other people won't just show up to play. You will need to bring your friends or work out a day to go out there and post it up, like an event host. You may have also noticed that I put "in the area" in quotes. This 'area' is much larger than the city. It ranges from Salem, to a up north of Vancouver, WA. There is a field in Scapoose, St Paul, Salem, Molalla, and maybe a few others in the Portland Area.
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Matt » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Well said, Rentax.

Brandon, the owner of Tac-OPs has always been nice to me and people I know. You should meet people for yourself and draw your own conclusions before you post rumors about them on the internet.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Variable » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:09 pm

First off you're 16 so you don't get to complain about kids.
Second theres plenty of sanctioned fields near Portland, look at the events threads.
Third don't insult business owners that bend over backward to try to accommodate different tastes.
Fourth :lock:
Variable

Team: APST

Return to Playfields