New Indoor Arena Eugene OR

Places to play Airsoft.

Re: New Indoor Arena Eugene OR

Postby Matt » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:04 am

Sounds good, if you build it right I'll make the trip down every once in a while.

Keep in mind that the true tac-sim audience will probably be a minority for you. And the local LE might tell you they're going to train there but you may never see them, if they do, they'll want it CHEAP. The bread and butter that keeps these arenas running seems to be the 12-18 year old audience who attend frequently. But, you can probably put together a modular build that works well for both groups.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby razazarak » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:27 am

So looking at expenses and whatnot, ill be looking at getting a loan around $20k or so. So this will still be happening, but maybe not as soon as I anticipate. Ill be pushing for first half of 2014 but no guarantees yet. Im still planning and going to be looking for avenues of investment. In the mean time, I still wanna hear anyone's ideas/opinions/etc. if anyone has anymore. Thanks for every idea so far!
razazarak
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby razazarak » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:19 pm

ANOTHER QUESTION!!

So as ive stated in my last post the amount i need to start the way id (and you all) would like it will take approx. $20 to start. So ive been thinking...if I started with a smaller warehouse to START (and work our way up to a bigger arena) that was alot like this:

would you all still be interested in coming until the business can pay for a bigger arena. I want to do an urban block type theme, but to start (and more cost effective in the beginning) maybe something more like that youtube video. Would this interest people?
razazarak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Goliath17 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:06 pm

razazarak wrote:ANOTHER QUESTION!!

So as ive stated in my last post the amount i need to start the way id (and you all) would like it will take approx. $20 to start. So ive been thinking...if I started with a smaller warehouse to START (and work our way up to a bigger arena) that was alot like this:

would you all still be interested in coming until the business can pay for a bigger arena. I want to do an urban block type theme, but to start (and more cost effective in the beginning) maybe something more like that youtube video. Would this interest people?

Yeah that looks like a great way to start, and maybe make your way to creating more streets and a more urban like environment, but that seems like a great starting point. I was thinking maybe we can get some of the community members here to help build some stuff, like chose a certain weekend and we can all help build. Just an idea.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Twarner » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Please don't play music while people are playing. Other than that these look like very good ideas.
Twarner
Grunt
Grunt

Postby G00SE770 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Twarner wrote:Please don't play music while people are playing. Other than that these look like very good ideas.

+1 ---I agree, music can be annoying... If anything, play battle ambiance...
I am also 3+ hours away --I would make the drive for a good mini-MOUT and regularly if in a large setting...
G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Goliath17 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:06 am

Marty wrote:
Twarner wrote:Please don't play music while people are playing. Other than that these look like very good ideas.

+1 ---I agree, music can be annoying... If anything, play battle ambiance...
I am also 3+ hours away --I would make the drive for a good mini-MOUT and regularly if in a large setting...

+1 for no music and +1 for battle ambiance, that would make it that much better.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Transition » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Check out High Ground Airsoft on youtube or online, I built this place up from a small 300 sqft shop to 35000 ft indoor arena and pro shop....might even be able to give you a little advice.
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Captain Fox » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:17 pm

ORB would be interested in playing. Contact me directly.
"Pablo" Jungle Express 2011
O.R.B "Fox"
"Shiny, lets be bad guys."
Captain Fox
Soldier
Soldier

Team: O.R.B.

Postby dagassman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:49 pm

Me and my group of airsofters would definitely make the drive down from up near seattle for the type of arena you are talking about!
Also the street ideas sound really cool, maybe cool cosmetic things like street signs etc.
Also you could consider doing a pay by year option, which would be less than a pay by day if you ended up attending more than a certain about of days during the year. I think this would even encourage people to come more often. Sorry if I didn't articulate my thoughts well, hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say about the payment option.
dagassman
Recruit
Recruit

Postby nedmac » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:30 pm

razazarak wrote:

Starting small with something like this would probably be a good start, then work up from there. People in Eugene area have been waiting for a legitimate airsoft field, and they will come. Just don't shoot yourself in the foot by only catering to a small demographic. Try to have a modular field so you can accommodate any or every play style. Good Luck.
Matt wrote:
People who don't like video game quotes can go eat a tool.
nedmac
Grunt
Grunt

Postby razazarak » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Love the ideas!!! So no music...but what would you consider battle ambiance? Full Metal Jacket type music? To start I will be looking at places that are within budget and building some form of arena with a floorplan similar to an office, a house, something of that nature, but still be big enough for people to be interested in playing. Thats just a START. Eventaully I want to get a bigger place with a much more urban terrain. I like the ideas of the small stuff like stop signs, street lights, etc. I was thinking of implementing these once the move to a bigger building happened, but not at start up.

Transition wrote:Check out High Ground Airsoft on youtube or online, I built this place up from a small 300 sqft shop to 35000 ft indoor arena and pro shop....might even be able to give you a little advice.

How exactly did you do anything in a 300 sqft shop?? I appreciate the offer for advice, I will probably ask for some a little down the road!

So im starting of thinking of ways to raise money for startup. I will probably start with crowdfunding (i.e. fundanything.com, indiegogo.com, kickstarter.com) and also from local airsoft retailers for backing. That way when I go to banks and VC's, I can show that ive taken a big step in trying to procure funding. More to come on this down the road.

Thanks again everyone for the more ideas!!! I LOVE THEM!! keep them coming!
razazarak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby razazarak » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Transition wrote:Check out High Ground Airsoft on youtube or online, I built this place up from a small 300 sqft shop to 35000 ft indoor arena and pro shop....might even be able to give you a little advice.

And ive actually seen High Ground Airsoft's webpage. I am VERY impressed!! Keep up the good work over there :)
razazarak
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Matt » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:30 am

razazarak wrote:Love the ideas!!! So no music...but what would you consider battle ambiance?

Sound effects loops. Helicopter noises, gun shots and explosions in the distance, air raid sirens for MOUT scenarios with a foreign setting. If it's local domestic law enforcement, typical street sounds, traffic & cars driving by, dogs barking in the distance, etc.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby G00SE770 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:18 pm

G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Playfields