does any buddy else have a problem with FPS

Places to play Airsoft.

Re: does any buddy else have a problem with FPS

Postby AndyC » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:25 pm

McNair wrote:AndyC -
All of the "CQB" places we have here are all indoor.
The few fields we have that are outdoor and have structures all use normal outdoor rules for the most part, but they're generally single room structures. I believe I've only played on one "field" with buildings that had multiple rooms and they used the semi indoors and no LMG fire indoors, only out the windows and into the windows.
The only others I've played at were in California which used the same concept.

Ok, thanks for the info. I had never played in an arena/cqb area before this place. So the rules they use were just foreign to me. We used to play in wooded fields with no restrictions. If Cali keeps going the way it is, we may not be playing anywhere period.
AndyC
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Reaver » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:34 am

My only issue with the fps...would be dumb a$$ people who don't use a safety kill or a rubber knife kill, they just shoot you and your team mate in the back from 10ft away. Its sooo cawadewty. If I wanted to get bloody in a sport I would sign up for cage fighting.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Matt » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:56 am

AndyC wrote:This is interesting. We have a new cqb arena here where I live and the fps limit is 400 w/.20 if firing indoors, semi-only(there's a small outside area also), LMG's must be deployed and short-bursts only outside firing into the structures. No LMG's indoors. I question the chrono being used though. They are using what appears to be an archery chrono and contesting chrono results is not allowed. I don't own a chrono so I have no idea what the 'actual' fps is. I don't mind the fps or lmg rules too much but they are getting more and more strict it seems. I am now getting rid of a new rifle because of them. With my work schedule, I just don't have time to address the rifle and make it sub-400fps and there are no techs in my area. Just went back to my ICS L85 which is great for the arena.

I can't see why they wouldn't just go with lower FPS across the board and allow everyone to shoot full auto. Semi auto rules are always broken. We buy these damn things because they shoot full auto, kind of stupid if we can't use it.

I'm not sure on archery chronographs, but I do know that the popular Paintball Radar chronographs are not calibrated for Airsoft. They will give bad readings on anything over 400.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby AndyC » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:23 am

Matt wrote:I can't see why they wouldn't just go with lower FPS across the board and allow everyone to shoot full auto. Semi auto rules are always broken. We buy these damn things because they shoot full auto, kind of stupid if we can't use it.

I'm not sure on archery chronographs, but I do know that the popular Paintball Radar chronographs are not calibrated for Airsoft. They will give bad readings on anything over 400.

Exactly. I would accept low/lower fps if full-auto was allowed. In regards to the chrono, it just seemed sketchy to me that two rifles, one new and one used both chrono'd the exact same fps after 10 shots each. I was not allowed to use either rifle at the new arena. I changed the spring settings on my L85 as it's really easy but the other rifle was/is new and I don't have time to do it. Total waste.
AndyC
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Junto » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:25 pm

"Any Buddy"

lol
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Solid » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:03 am

There are plenty of SMG's out there that shoot indoor legal speeds and usually fit the scenario since its all CQB if you got the cash to shell out for it. Springer trishot shotguns always got swag too.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Previous

Return to Playfields