[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Camelback Hydration Vest Review - Tactical Gear

Camelback Hydration Vest Review

Camelback Hydration Vest Review

Postby bosskie » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:54 pm

I play rough when it comes down to it. And rely primarily upon the equipment I have. These $70 vests wouldn’t stand one day out in the field with me. That’s why I turned to a former company I used in my past that shown quality gear. Camelbak. When I heard they supplied a M.O.L.L.E. tactical vest I was very cautious. Researched the product and found only good news so far.
OP: Solomon’s Pass will show me what it can go through and updates will be added later. So here’s my review.

1x Delta-5 Tactical Camelbak vest
2x M4 pouches
1x M9 pouch
1x Radio holster
1x light pouch
All made by Camelbak

I started by reading the return policy by the store and carefully scanned for defaults and shipping abuse. So far it’s looking good. The solid Olive drab makes it more adaptable to Advanced Camouflage and woodlands.

All Load Bearing pouches can be adjusted for those who carry extended magazines. But for me It’ll fit a bulky G36 Mag with minor adjustments. Now on to the vest. The molle is stitched tightly onto a thick netting in front. I can easily place 2 double M-4 pouches, 2 double M-9 pouches, 1 Radio pouch and still have extra room for a few other pouches and not give away the versatility to comfort room. Ambidextrous Sniper pads cushions both the shoulders. O-rings are equipped also. Some Velcro is posted at chest level to place unit patches. Two pockets on the inside front can be easily access without unzipping the front all the way. The siding felt a little loose under my armpits but I was so in Aww and haven’t fine tuned the fittings yet Outside backing has an emergency handle placed behind the head to drag the injured. Once again versatile for any mission. Velcro was placed above the shoulder to place unit/patches. Under that, the molle is continued all the way down and across the vest on a hard, cushioned backing to protect the water bladder. But after wearing the Delta-5 Camelbak, It was more supportive to the heavy gear I’m about to load in front of the vest. Inside back is padded and insolated to keep the water bladder cool or warm to your preference. After opening the zipper I quickly noticed how accessible the bladder is. I just hope I’m not filling it up in the heat of the battle. Shoulder adjustments are accessed where the bladder is. It can either lower or rise the vest shoulders. Once again they built this knowing everybody has preferences how their vest should fit.

So Everyone will have there criticism. But from first point of view here’s the result.

Con’s.
Only two colors available
Stiff back from water Bladder insulation
Hard to adjust
Back heavy without gear
Limited hip swing

Pro’s
efficient, hands-free hydration system
Fully adjustable with and girth
Won’t interfere with existing soft or hard body armor systems
Tough, USA-made 1000D Cordura® exterior construction
gear is close at-hand in tense tactical situations