[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Review: CONDOR INTERCEPTOR (LOT OF IMAGES!!) - Tactical Gear

Review: CONDOR INTERCEPTOR (LOT OF IMAGES!!)

Review: CONDOR INTERCEPTOR (LOT OF IMAGES!!)

Postby FoxyFoxsauce » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:28 am

well I looked around and I didn't see a review for the CONDOR Interceptor so I decided to make one.

I will be talking about some main important parts of a vest.

Build Quality (Stitching and Material)
Durability (how much abuse it can take)
weight (obvious)
& Color (Pattern, Color and said Pattern and color matching others)

I shall Begin:

The CONDOR Interceptor sells for 90.00$

Having come from a LAND CIRAS I have high expectations in a vest and can find flaws very fast. Alot of the strapping on the vest is Not high end. the ends to some of the straps are Fraying and feel weak and cheap. The Stitching holding the strapping to the vest seems weak in some areas as well. Mainly on the upper arm Guards and the Neck Guards. This Problem is very easy to fix in the future if problems arise such as breaking or excessive fraying. a Easy fix for the fraying is to take a Lighter to the ends and melt the fabric.

The Material used on the outside of the vest (that has the ARPAT Print on it) Is very nice, Feels sturdy and strong. Not as good as the stuff on my CIRAS but for 1/4th the price its great. I highly doubt it will rip or tear on objects in combat.

The Material on the inside of the vest (thats agenst your body) Is a shiny fabric that feels weak. Might tear if something sharp or pointy ran along it. however its on the Inside of the vest and I highly doubt it will ever cause problems. a bonus to the material they used is the comfort. Its very nice to the touch and not rough on the skin.

The MOLLE webbing is very nice. It all seems to be even and In the correct spots. I doubt I will have a problem attaching anything to this vest. I have added a few pouches already with no Problem what so ever. The Stitching on the MOLLE webbing is thick and strong. Doesn't feel weak or cheap.

The Upper Shoulder guards have the same Internal and external Material as the vest. The Guards are held onto your arm by a Elastic band that can be easily adjusted to your Arm size with a velcro Strap. There is 3 Rows of MOLLE webbing on the Guards with a velcro Patch ontop for the US flag and Other patches. The velcro isnt cheap and stitched on well.

The Neck Guards are again high quality. The Back Neck guards attach to the vest using 4 Button Straps and 2 velcro spots. The Button Straps feel weak and are Fraying just slightly at the ends. Easy fix if it breaks or a easy prevention fix. I doubt Ill be messing with them very much anyway since It will almost always be on.

The Front Neck Guard is held in place by 2 snaps on 2 straps. It has to be taken off from one side to exit or enter the vest then re attached. There is no fraying on this part.

The Groin guard is a nice Length and has the same material as the vest. Its held on by 1 snap on 2 Straps on the inside part of the vest. No fraying or problems

This vest is Very durable on the outside. It will be able to take alot of Abuse. The MOLLE is strong and the material is Tough. You shouldent have a problem with tearing of the fabric or MOLLE. However some of the straps may break which might shorten the Life of the vest. fixes to prevent some damage may be needed if you ride it very hard.

The Color of the vest (ARPAT "ACU") is Dead on. Very good Print. It matches my uniform fine (slight color difference because of Material Difference) and It will not cause any problems in the future because of that.

The Vest is rather light. Weight only as much as my Kevlar Helmet. (About 5lbs) However I like weight so i will need to get some plates for this thing.

Soft armor and hard armor plates can be used in this vest.

The Shoulder Guards, Neck Guards and Groin guards can also take plates/Soft armor inserts.

This vest can restrict your movement quite a bit. Once you get used to it its not a problem. The Shoulder, Neck and Groin guards can be removed for better Movement.

The vest can get hot During use. Suggest bringing Hydration pack and some ice packs to keep you cool. I feel sorry for the soldiers in Iraq.

Over all I give this vest 4 Stars.

it has a few Stitching and Strapping Problems but they can be fixed easy.
The Price for the quality/quantity can't be beaten
Color is dead on
Comfy
No MOLLE problems
Can get hot with all Protection on
restricts movement

Great vest and I look forward to using this for the next few years.

Some Images are to large. Open the image to view full Image.

Front View

Rear View

Right side view

left side view

As far as my arms go up with vest

as far as I can go down with vest

Vest open

Front Plate Pouch

Front Neck Plate pouch

Shoulder Guard Plate pouch

Shoulder Guard Velcro

How Shoulder guards attach

Back of Vest

Rear Plate/Hydration pouch

Side Adjustment Straps

Front Name tape Patch
This is madness! Madness? THIS IS AIRSOFT!
FoxyFoxsauce
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby BigmanZ » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:56 am

Click HERE!
BigmanZ
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shakespeare » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:31 am

shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby terror management » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:40 am

Airsofter by nature
Team Terror by the grace of God.
!!!!!Rev. Fred Phelps takes it in the a$$!!!!! Thats freedom of speech too
"If winning doesn't matter how come they call them competitions and keep scores?"
terror management
Specops
Specops

Postby Hoff » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Bringing Down the Hammer.
The forever n00b! (Getting tacticool)
Newly self-proclaimed Mossberg 500 trigger group assembly expert
Hoff

Postby FoxyFoxsauce » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:26 pm

This is madness! Madness? THIS IS AIRSOFT!
FoxyFoxsauce
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aircraft Killer » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:39 pm

Aircraft Killer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yandle » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:02 am

Treefrog361
1st Chairborne Forces Operational Detachment-1337 (1st Space Shuttle Door Gunner)
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
yandle

Postby BigmanZ » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:34 am

Click HERE!
BigmanZ
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aircraft Killer » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 pm

Aircraft Killer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mono » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:45 pm

Well, uh... Yes, that will happen.
Mono
Specops
Specops

Postby Aircraft Killer » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:09 pm

Aircraft Killer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mono » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:26 pm

Well, uh... Yes, that will happen.
Mono
Specops
Specops

Postby Elijah » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:58 pm

haha Mono...you got my goggles soaked w/ sweat only after using it for roughly 20 minutes. But yea to me, interceptors just seem too high profile. :/
Elijah
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Aircraft Killer » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 am

Aircraft Killer
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Tactical Gear