[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MiniReview: ACM Aimpoint Micro T-1 w/ Larue QD mount - Tactical Gear

MiniReview: ACM Aimpoint Micro T-1 w/ Larue QD mount

Postby Whan » Thu May 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Since for some reason, I can’t seem to find an actual review of the T-1 aimpoints, here goes…

Most people already know the history of the aimpoint series of red dots. They are durable, bright, and have insane battery life. Only question is, how do the clones costing 1/10th the price stack up? This particular model I have here is a copy of the increasingly popular T-1 Micro sight. It’s Aimpoint’s lightest sight but with the same features as the full sized models.

I bought this replica from Dragonredairsoft.com for $70 shipped. I know, it’s a bit more than the $65 at Ebaybanned, but after all the problems I’ve heard people having with EBB, I stayed away. Also, this sight shipped in only a week, so bravo Dragonred. I suppose the $5 is worth it to ship it 2 weeks sooner than the 3 wks average I’ve heard for EBB.

To the sight itself…
The ACM T-1 comes in a plain and small cardboard box, but is nicely packed with foam. There is a copy of the RS t-1 manual included. Also, it comes with most of the tools necessary to install the sight and its mount. Finally, it comes with very nice rubber lens covers as well as an extra CR1620 battery. One thing to note here, the manual says a CR3120 battery and the RS T-1 takes CR3120 batteries (I think) but the ACM copy takes a CR1620 lithium battery.

When I took this out of the box, I was pretty impressed. Finish was a nice flat black, and felt pretty high quality. Both mounts are very solid, and lock into place very nicely as well. Changing the mounts simply requires unscrewing the 4 screws at the bottom of the sight. Both the mount and the sight have nice trademarks as well. Also, the battery was NOT DOA, so yay!

The sight I got was a 5 brightness level, green and red dot sight. So 2 colors, 5 brightness levels each. The dot is nice and bright, and does not wash out if pointed towards the sky, even on the 3rd setting. On the 5th setting, you can still see the dot even if it is juxtaposed with a fluorescent light. So, the dot strength is very good. Dot is also very clear and clean, no ghosting or whatnot. Dot is fully adjustable via the covered knobs on the side of the sight.

Now the cons…..
I don’t know whether my G&P receiver is not quite milspec and the T-1 is or what, but there is a tiny bit of play (not really seeable, but only feelable) back and forth when the high mount is installed. Not too big a deal. However, I tried putting the QD mount on my friend’s gun (which had an aftermarket D-boys receiver) and it did NOT fit. The rails on the Dboys receiver were too wide. However, I think the normal non-qd mount would fit, but just throwing that out there. I think the T-1 replica was built to the RS specs on rail length or something. So heads up for you guys with Dboys; it might not fit on the rail.

Secondly, as USCM (member on ArniesAirsoft Forum) once pointed out, the QD mount is like 20% too tall compared to the RS. I compared with pictures of Costa’s Sr-15 (which mine is based off of) to my gun, and the T-1 mount is too tall. I wonder why they could get the QD rail mount specs right but not the actual riser….

However, the 2nd con is really just a nitpick, and most won’t notice. It won’t look so awkward once I get my PEQ-15….

All in all, I give this sight a 9/10.
The sight is unique looking (for now), very functional, came with nice extras, not a bad price compared to some eotech replicas, and I like the design.
Just be careful of your rail size. It might be a big bummer if it doesn’t fit…

Oh and sorry for the "meh" pics and no pictures of the bottom of the sight/ pics with other mount...
Last edited by Whan on Fri May 22, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whan
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Whan » Fri May 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Whan
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Pulsipher » Fri May 22, 2009 6:01 pm

Pulsipher

Team: RR KBAB