Emerson FAST PJ Helmet

Emerson FAST PJ Helmet

Postby Android » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Emerson’s new helmet is the FAST PJ, which is based off the Ops-Core Future Assault Shell Technology (FAST) Carbon helmet. This type of helmet sacrifices ballistic protection for weight savings, but still retains the special features found on new FAST helmets.

Comfort is obtained from the adjustable impact pads which are affixed via hook & loop on the helmet’s interior. The straps also keep the helmet correctly seated on the head
In addition to the pads, there is the Occ-Dial adjustable system, which is similar to modern bicycle helmet’s retention system. With the twist of the dial the helmet can be secured on the user’s head.

The FAST helmet also includes exterior hook & loop sections and a set Accessory Rail Connectors (ARC) with detachable goggle clips. This allows various mission-specific accessories to be attached securely to the user’s helmet.

Here’s an example of what can be affixed to this FAST helmet. A standard NVG arm mount is connected via the included VAS shroud, and if a NOD was attached it could be secured with the included bungees. Attached to the hook & loop section on the top is a ACR MS-2000 Distress Marker Light and a full color US flag patch on the side. A Surefire helmet light is attached to an ARC Picatinny rail adapter via a TangoDown SureFire Helmet Light Rail Mount and a modified mesh half-face mask is connected via a set of36mm goggle swivel clips (the included goggle clips are too small). One thing to note is that while wearing comms with an over-the head band (like the Comtac II's pictured), the Occ-Dial adjustment system can get in the way. To counteract this there are Comtac ARC adapters available.

As this is a replica, it is not recommended to use in lieu of an actual helmet if one wants to participate in activities such as biking, snowboarding & parachuting. For simulating HSLD alphabet agents, it is a solid bit of equipment.
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Re: Emerson FAST PJ Helmet

Postby STRIK3 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Very nice, Jon. How are the pads and straps? I've had bad experiences with those on *other* replica helmets, like the unwearable IBH collecting dust in my closet.
ISAF-C, The 144, Rushing Russians OR/Willamette Valley KВДВ

http://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveRiskControlServices
STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Raging Hormann » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Have been eyeing these for the past couple weeks. Found them on airsoft park. Glad to see it's a good helmet!
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Postby Nodachi » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:15 am

Also, how are the rails? I mean, it's not like you're going to hang a 203 off of there...(Hmmmm...)
But the pictures don't make them look very strong either.
Nodachi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Android » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 am

STRIK3 wrote:Very nice, Jon. How are the pads and straps? I've had bad experiences with those on *other* replica helmets, like the unwearable IBH collecting dust in my closet.

Pads & straps are solid. The selling point is the Occ-Lock keeping the helmet securely on my head.

Weissritter wrote:Also, how are the rails? I mean, it's not like you're going to hang a 203 off of there...(Hmmmm...)
But the pictures don't make them look very strong either.

Rails seem fine at the moment. I did put a M203 on the ARC on my MICH2000 with no problem, so I predict it should be the same.

Now the big question: ContourHD (new Bluetooth models can be controlled from my iPhone) or GoPro (comes with waterproof case)?
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby Matt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:06 am

Go for the Contour. It's all about looks that those things look way better on helmets.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Jester316 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:43 am

Matt wrote:Go for the Contour. It's all about looks that those things look way better on helmets.

Show me a video of a contour being dropped from thousands of feet and it recording when it is recovered. Contours are nice, but the gopros ate pretty bombproof. Plus you can get a WiFi back for it to control it. Or a double battery back. Or an lcd back. Or a floatation back. Or a 3rd housing. Or a metric ton of mounts. Or an nvg mount. Or a new case. Or batteries for $20.

GoPro is the more versitile camera. Sure the contour isn't a box on you, but with all the other available things, I say it wins.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Matt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Jester316 wrote:
Matt wrote:Go for the Contour. It's all about looks that those things look way better on helmets.

Show me a video of a contour being dropped from thousands of feet and it recording when it is recovered. Contours are nice, but the gopros ate pretty bombproof. Plus you can get a WiFi back for it to control it. Or a double battery back. Or an lcd back. Or a floatation back. Or a 3rd housing. Or a metric ton of mounts. Or an nvg mount. Or a new case. Or batteries for $20.

GoPro is the more versitile camera. Sure the contour isn't a box on you, but with all the other available things, I say it wins.

Who cares? If you're buying a helmet like that, there's only 1 reason. You want to look cool. You cannot look cool with a GoPro. It's impossible. You may as well rock some socks and sandals while you're at it. Hell, I'd use a GoPro all day in video productions, it's cool, but would I attach that dorky looking thing to my kitchen sink helmet? ... nope. Airsoft is a fashion show.
Matt

Team: APST

Return to Tactical Gear