HSGI Weesatch

HSGI Weesatch

Postby Variable » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:39 pm

High Speed Gear Inc Weesatch
Cost: $210
http://www.hsgi.us/proddetail.php?prod=HSG-WEE&cat=47
by Tim "Variable" Jensen

There is no shortage of options in the world of plate carriers. It all comes down to what you want/need and then selecting a PC that fits the bill.
Here is the rundown on the HSGI Weesatch:
-Internal storage for 8-10 M16 type magazines (I say 8-10 because the outer mag pockets are slimmer and some Weesatch users choose to put radios and other gear in them instead of mags)
-Slim design for skinnier users or confined spaces(compared to the Wasatch, which is wider)
-Standard sized front and back plate pockets (Large SAPI type)
-Integral map pocket

The Weesatch is designed to be worn over soft body armor, to provide protection to the sides. I can comfortably wear my lvl2 Kevlar underneath my Weesatch without any fit problems.

For the typical Airsoft user that won’t be wearing any real armor I would recommend getting some semi-rigid replica plates (or making your own) to give the Weesatch “shape”. It fits much better if you have plates in it. Without a plate in the back carrier, it tends to bunch up and can get uncomfortable. FYI, the back plate out of a Condor 3-Day pack fits perfectly in the back plate pouch.

MOLLE real estate is not at a premium with the Weesatch, there is plenty. The upper Bib portion fits an “admin” pouch or a STRIKE holster perfectly. The lower torso portion (over the integral mag pouches) fits 2x pistol mags, 2x 40mm grenades and 2x frag grenades with room to spare. The back panel has plenty of room to fit the hydration carrier of your choice, although any additional pouches will need to go on top of your hydration carrier.

Accessories:
Shoulder pads - I HIGHLY recommend getting the shoulder pads. If you aren’t going to be wearing soft armor, these will save your shoulders and make it MUCH easier to keep going.

X-back straps – These allow you to wear the front carrier without the back panel. For intrepid users, you can actually convert the stock straps to do the same job, its just more time consuming than having an extra set of straps.

Bungee mag pouch retainers – These replace the Velcro ones. I would file this under “personal preference”.

Holster – The two outer mag pouches can have a special holster velcroed into it, if its your preference to have your holster on your plate carrier.

Notes on use:
The intergral mag pouches are pretty “deep”. It will shave a LOT of time off your reloads and frustrate you less if you put magpuls on your magazines. Another option is to stuff half a sock down them to bring the mags up a little.

The two outer side mag pouches will fit a midland GMRS well, but bigger radios like the Motorola commercial type are just a bit too big to fit.

You can fold the bib down if you want a smaller profile. Of course this eliminates use of the map pouch and plate pouch.

You can eliminate the back carrier and cross the straps in an x-type. It takes about 10 minutes, if you want it to go faster, get the extra straps.

Size the cummerbund strap pretty “tight”. It will seem uncomfortable, but once you start moving your plate carrier won’t move around at all.
Attachments
hvest8.jpg
hvest8.jpg (75.57 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
hvest7.jpg
hvest7.jpg (139.17 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
hvest6.jpg
hvest6.jpg (154.2 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
hvest5.jpg
hvest5.jpg (93.24 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
hvest4.jpg
hvest4.jpg (47.59 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
hvest3.jpg
hvest3.jpg (48.24 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
hvest2.jpg
hvest2.jpg (54.35 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
Variable

Team: APST

Re: HSGI Weesatch

Postby dos_Santos » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:53 pm

I have the same without the integrated mag pouch. And I love it. Very comfortable; the shoulder pads are a must have.
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby STRIK3 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:06 pm

I almost forgot that I have one of these as well. I'd note that the mag pouches are generous enough that they will fit AK47 & AK74 mags quite nicely, they also stick out of the top farther making for easier draws. A good universal rig.
ISAF-C, The 144, Rushing Russians OR/Willamette Valley KВДВ

http://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveRiskControlServices
STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Nark » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Looks sexy :D Might have to get one in multicam.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Return to Tactical Gear