AGM GBB M4 first impression, review forthcoming

Postby TechnoMagical » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Pulsipher wrote:FYI
the JG is ALSO a WA clone for 72 bucks before shipping form ehobbyasia

However, it runs a plastic body, with even lower quality internals then the AGM. I think the only perk was a brass nozzle; but theres already more reports of the bolt head breaking faster than the AGM's.
TechnoMagical
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

what I gather so far....

Postby Archangel 06 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:21 pm

So, I've been looking for a new gun, and I have found the AGM M4A1 for 155. What cost am I looking at (realistically) if I want to be able to use it regularly (a couple times a month)? Also, I am not an expert at airsoft guns, so would the replacements be simple enough for a dummy like me? There is also the option of the JG M4 for around 80. Again, cost to upgrade it, including a metal body? Last question: is it possible to install a part that will reduce velocity without spending 260+ on the RA TECH bolt?

Thanks for the help
Nasty wrote:TM preforms so well because all TM's have little fairies living in the hopups and gearboxes that give awesome accuracy, but as soon as you take them apart and modify them, the fairies fly away.

It is common knowledge.
Archangel 06
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TechnoMagical » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:13 am

Hrm. You'll need some decent magazines (Dont go 5ku, my friend has 3 and they all leak.) Go for KHG or Bomber magazines. You'll need a new bolt, and hop-up chamber. You can score a chamber for $20 on EbayBanned, and you are best off nabbing up a Ra-Tech bolt.

Otherwise, it is skirmish able. My friend uses his with no internal mods aside from a new hop-up chamber and it works fine, aside from his leaky magazines.

No, you will need a RaTech NPAS to adjust velocity. There are some possible mods to use a bead or similar round object to block the valve; but every one I have read has noted fast failure with the obstruction being pushed out of place and jamming in the gun.
TechnoMagical
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Assault Rifles