G&P M4A1 Marine

Postby Seagreen » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Published on: Sat 02 Dec, 2006

Technical Specs:
Model: G&P M4 Marine
Manufacturer: G&P
Cost: $305 (HK) $350 (US)

Interior: 10-10
  • Reinforced 7mm Gearbox complete with ball bearing bushings.
  • One Piece Metal Hop-Up Chamber (soft type rubber bucking)
  • Sector Gear Cam Chip (delays the nozzle by starting the throw of the tappet plate increases feeding reliability)
  • Very nice flat gear set. (On par with Systema)
  • Aluminum Cylinder Head (Looks almost like a Prometheus)
  • Aluminum Nozzle (with o-ring inner seal)
  • Aluminum Bearing Spring Guide
  • PDI 150 (or equivalent)

These items immediately stuck out in my mind as "whoa" factors for a competitively priced AEG. These would all be upgraded parts in most AEGs available on the market today. The sector chip is the first I've seen in a production replica.

This is the nicest mechbox I have opened up, period. I was simply in awe at what G&P had tossed in there. It was as though they decided to just give you everything you needed up front so you could get on with playing and buying more gear, instead of buying internals to be rock solid. This is for all general purposes a completely upgraded box much akin to the Systema full boxes you can pick up for $300, except it is already in the replica. The only way you can truly appreciate the quality is to know what you are looking at or simply by pulling the trigger yourself. This G&P offering is "golden" on the inside. They delivered the goods.

Exterior: 9.9-10

• Everything that is supposed to be metal is.
  • One-Piece Barrel w/gas tube.
  • Clear and Clean Laser Engraving
  • Carry Handle is heavier and better made than the CA's and G&G's
  • Telescoping Stock tube's metal collar is threadable (less stress on mechbox will locking it down)
  • Foregrip and pistol grip are extremely flat in color.
  • 4 screw pistol grip attachment to mechbox. (rather than 2...no more cracking)
  • Delta Ring/Spring has a very high tension. (No loose grips)
  • Heatsink Style motor plate a'la CA style.
  • G&P Midcap Magazine
  • Metal SR-16 Type Flashhider
  • Metal

There are only two real issues I have with the exterior of the replica. G&P (or could just be the one I received) has a shiney black telescoping buttstock. A little flat black paint would remedy this in a flash, but still yet, it is there. Also G&P went with a 14mm+ thread instead of the common 14mm-. This will require a little more looking when the time comes to change flashhiders.

Overall: 10-10

Overall, this is the best option available for a first-time or veteran buyer for an m4. G&P hit a homerun with their attention to detail. With all the parts that G&P included with this replica, you would be doing yourself a disservice not to pick one up. They are a pleasure to shoot, look great, perform great, and are rock solid to boot. It seems that G&P succeeded what few other manufacturers even attempt these days: Quality and Affordability.
There are many factors that make a replica a "10" in my book. I have owned several manufacturers products, but none yet has produced an M4 as quality oriented as G&P
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Return to Assault Rifles