Lancer tactical M4 (long)

Lancer tactical M4 (long)

Postby captain spanky » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:49 am

I have been in the airsoft world for around 5 years. Not the most experienced when it comes to guns, although i have owned a few.

My most recent purchase was a Lancer tactical M4 (long) RIS version. Out of the box this gun fires pretty hot, around 400(+/-), with a surprisingly good rate of fire for a $90 gun. Great range id say 150- 175 feet with good confidence (.20 gram). with .25g you lose a considerable amount of speed and distance, much more than i would like, but .20g is cheaper and they meet field spec.

Externally the gun looks to be as accurate as any of the other models out there. Everything is plastic. RIS is garbage, its quality is wal-mart worthy... but the rest of the gun seems well put together. No rear sling mount was a real disappointment, but was fixed easily by getting one from summer slaughter 3 from the free bin. Front post sight is possibly impossible to remove without grinding and cutting (i dont want to stress the gun more than necessary) Crane stock is fairly good quality, along with the buffer tube. The upper and lower receiver are all right, everything is where it needs to be. Flash hider seems to be non removable.

I have skirmed and went to events with it, and it seems to be holding up to the $300 competitors alot better than i expected.

Performance: 7.5/10 Externals: 6/10 Practicalness: 7/10

Any specific questions i will try to answer (except internal questions, not too keen on taking working things apart)
captain spanky
Grunt
Grunt

Team: 5 Reg.

Re: Lancer tactical M4 (long)

Postby Riddick » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:47 am

Externally its a hue POS (notice how ASGI isn't pumping the crap out of them anymore). The plastic is cheap and flimsy. I wouldn't recommend it considering you are only a few more $$ to a better AEG (DBOYS / G&G Combat Machine / ETC)

The SRC Dragon AEGs are just like the Lancer Tactical and are complete POS as well.
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Team: N/A

Re: Lancer tactical M4 (long)

Postby captain spanky » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:25 pm

I completely agree, i was in the hurt for an AEG. and i only had the cash for a lancer. I would definitely suggest saving a few more dollars and pushing for a better rifle.
captain spanky
Grunt
Grunt

Team: 5 Reg.

Return to Assault Rifles