G&G Gr15 Raider

G&G Gr15 Raider

Postby Gator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 pm

So i figured since i am replacing it this week I'll post a review for it over the last year or so of pretty constant use.

I bought it from Riddick at OP: Jungle Express for i believe was $175 which was a pretty good deal i think. My first out of the box impressions were:
Pros:
Metal R.I.S.
Decent to good R.O.F
Chrono'd at 340 out of box
Decent range(150ft)
Lightweight
Comfy to shoulder
Crane stock(Con for some)

Out of the box, there was really no cons, Other than the latch to open the crane stock to get to the battery was quite tough and still is today.

As time went by i used it more and more, and the problems starting rising, For some reason the fire selector would be stuck in fully automatic, and even after letting go of the trigger it would continue to fire(which is called a runaway i believe) That problem magically strayed after awhile and hasn't been a problem since. Also, The outer barrel fell of during a skirm and its always had a wobble since. After having to take off the RIS and finding the tiny screw that holds it in place, i tightened the screw and it was no longer a problem.

OVERALL: Just about a year and some odd months later, it still sits fully operational in my closet. No upgrades have been done to it, and it still works. It's one of those guns where it may not perform the best, but it is a tank. It's been dropped. I've played in all sorts of weather. It's been muddy and wet and after a nice cleaning it will still operate. One thing that is nice is that it fits all sorts of mags, It fits the MAG brand midcaps, Magpul PTS Pmags and Emags, and Beta project Pmags, Unfortunately it does NOT fit the KWA KMAGS(their own version of the Pmag). Now for the ratings:

Externals:8/10, They can get wobbly but after some regular maintenance it works just about fine. It would be a 7 but i give it a solid 8 due to its durability.
Internals: 6.5/10, I have never opened the gearbox so maybe im super qualified to rate it, but as far as operating goes its had its issues but it still runs.
Your question may be, Is it worth the money to buy this gun, An answer from me would be yes. At the time i purchased it there wasn't much options. Now there is the KWA CQR which depending on where you buy it, Could be the same price but typically run at $189.99.
Overall rating: 7.5/10.
Thanks for reading.
Gator
Soldier
Soldier

Team: 5 Reg.

Return to Assault Rifles