G&P WOK Gbbr.

G&P WOK Gbbr.

Postby homeboykirk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:19 am

I bought the base gun from evike for $175, it wasn't too hard to build, the hardest part was to muscle down the springs since I replaced all the originals with 120% reinforced ones. It takes toothpicks or nails to guide the rolling pins thru the tiny holes, and a little hammer will get the job done.
I replaced the over sized broken bolt catch with a KA steel one, swapped out the original nozzle with the RATECH npas nozzle, also a ratech hop rubber since I broke the original one,an aluminum buffer with stronger spring, and the rest are just stock.
I dropped in 3 spacers and 2 quarters in the buffer tube to shorten the cycling (hope can last the bolt carrier & nozzle a little longer), and also can speed the gun up a little bit.
The GnP magazines aren't that great, the cool down effect ain't kool at all & they are a bit on the heavy side.
The front is a GnP DD RIS2 9in from wgc for $75, and does not require the special nut that madbull made to mount it onto the gun. The buttstock is by VFC with LMT logo, but since the buffer tube is milspec, so it takes a rubber mallet to bang it on. The front and rear sight are magpul $15 knockoffs, quality ain't that bad, but the rubber mallet is also A MUST to bang those suckers on the RIS. The pistol grip is a magpul moe-k, not as comfortable as the MOE, but I think it looks quite sexy.
The rest of the stuff are just element M3 flashlight (on/off switch no good, its really tight), VFC fake peq box, KA TD front grip, and the AABB eotech style holosight ( this $45 sight can't compare the finish with the hurricane or GnP ones, but it has 0 ghostings).
The gun is not bad at all, except for the gay trademark, thats why I tape it up. Am I going to build another one? possibly not. Why? Buy one and see it yourself.
come to read, learn, and experience alongside- TempleofMaergzjirah
homeboykirk
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: G&P WOK Gbbr.

Postby dos_Santos » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Curious to know how it operates in the long run. Looks cool!
I do hope that after all this discreditable shuffling we may be taken into action. It has a wonderful way of reconciling a man with himself: and with everybody else, sometimes. - 1st Lt. James Dillon
dos_Santos
Ranger
Ranger

Postby renotheturk02 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Isn't the point of the review section to review the gun so others can learn why to buy or not buy it? This seems more like a show and tell post than a review.
renotheturk02
Grunt
Grunt

Postby homeboykirk » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Buy it if you have time to sit down and build it, but be prepare many parts need to be swap out soon or later. The good thing is the gun takes real steal parts, and you can find many of them on ebay for fairly low price compare to the AEG parts.
I tried semi and full auto this morning with another 1/4 full propane tank, and shot pretty well :D
come to read, learn, and experience alongside- TempleofMaergzjirah
homeboykirk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby 1SGT.Reaper » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:43 pm

That gun looks super sick so jealous right now
"Retreat Hell, We're just advancing in a different direction"
1SGT.Reaper
Grunt
Grunt