[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Echo1: Robinson Arms XCR-C (poly body) - Assault Rifles

Echo1: Robinson Arms XCR-C (poly body)

Echo1: Robinson Arms XCR-C (poly body)

Postby VI0L3NT » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:20 am

Hi, fellow AP readers! FNG, VI0L3NT, here, to give you all a look at the new(ish) license by Echo1: the Robinson Arms XCR-C (the C denoting the shorter carbine variant, designed for CQB and MOUT simulations).

Right out of the box, the polymer body looks and feels amazing! This is my first poly AEG and I'm not regretting the decision, so far. It's much heftier than I was expecting a polymer gun to be, and that pleases me because to me, heft equals durability. Unfortunately ASGI short-shipped me so the vertical grip that was supposed to come with it wasn't included and I'm on the phone with those jokers for about a week before anything happens (still haven't received it yet). Lesson learned- 'eff ASGI and up EVIKE.

Anyway, the externals on this dark-earth-colored gun are incredible and the SCAR-style railing means no need for risers with your optics, on the top section. The subdued Robinson Arms and XCR trades are also really nice and look super-clean! Additionally, the action feels crisp and balanced when acquiring a sight-picture and negotiating corners. The charging handle does not open-bolt on the polymer version, but I really like that it's an FN SCAR-style because it makes accessing the hop-up chamber very intuitive and simple- even while on the move. I've already voided the warranty on my XCR by removing my orange flash-hider and putting on a steel hider and stubby silencer combo. It looks even meaner now with the silencer and a set of flip up sights, so I'm sure to turn some heads! Interestingly, the front port of the silencer is threaded on and unscrewing it has created something of a volume booster!

Some negatives I've found are that everything from the castle nut to the battery compartment needs tightening or crazy-gluing. I despise crane stocks, (this one being no exception, as the battery compartment-cover is impossible to remove by hand; I use the standard screwdriver blade on my Swiss Army knife; and the battery compartment plugs were laughably free-wheelin, so they got the application of aforementioned crazy-glue) so the first project for this gun will be to front-wire her or get an 11.1 buffer-tube lipo and get a nice SOPMOD stock, instead.

So, she looks amazing (yes, "she"... I've even named her- don't judge) and feels incredibly natural to handle, but how does Angie shoot? We'll, she comes with "pre-upgraded" internals (as advertised by ASGI) and I'm not doubting that description. All V2 parts. The stock innards have Ange shooting at a hot 393 (perfect for field play and CQB mix venues) with a 20-rps average after one magazine. Accuracy is amazing and I'm easily reaching out to targets at 175 feet! Crazy! The groupings were 4" at 75 feet and 6" at 150 feet. My seXCR sounds really aggressive, too! Even without my improvised sound enhancer, Angie is louder than I expected or have heard from stock AEG's! The snap-crack of a round being fired through this gun sounded more like a GBB and made me a little tumescent. Full-auto would make John Rambo drool! Again, just cray-zee good!

In conclusion, if you are looking for a good beginning gun or an intermediate-level gun that marries the versatility of an M4 platform with the simplicity of an FN- look no further! This one won't break the bank and still gives you the performance of more expensive guns. Overall, I'm really impressed and quite pleased with my investment and Echo1's XCR series! I'm looking forward to Angie's buttlift and to another ECHO1 purchase soon!

Thanks for reading and I hope we get the chance to shoot at each other soon!

Your pal,
VI0L3NT

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh5 ... fdkukb.jpg
Last edited by VI0L3NT on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
VI0L3NT
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Review of Echo1: Robinson Arms XCR-C (poly body)

Postby Nark » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:51 pm

Sounds like a solid purchase and AEG choice. Are there pictures you can include so we can all drool all over your XCR-C?
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby VI0L3NT » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:06 pm

I have been trying all afternoon but I am unable to resize the photos to the required 256 ViB using my iPhone. Any pointers?
VI0L3NT
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Payback » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Use photobucket to store the photos, and then use the links they provide for [img]IMG[/img]to post them in the sections you want. If your unsure, look at a comment made with a photo, and click the quote button, and see how it's linked in that one.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Return to Assault Rifles