Tippman M4 Carbine airsoft rifle

Tippman M4 Carbine airsoft rifle

Postby theswamp » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Here is a video I did on this new gun. We will have it available to check out at the Game on the 21st @ the Swamp field. Hope you enjoy this is our first time doing a review.
theswamp
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Tippman M4 Carbine airsoft rifle

Postby Payback » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:31 pm

Few things,

Do the mags snap into the mag release like a normal airsoft m4, or do you have to push the button first like you were in the video? If you have to push the mag release button to load, that's a huge negative.

On full auto it sounded really inconsistent as far as rate of fire. Both on the co2 mags and the HPA line. Sounded like it sped up then slowed down. If so, another big negative.

The co2 mags are janky at best from what i see. A face full of co2 in the field during a quick reload is just want i want. And the annoying wind down when the co2 goes empty. Would be real fun to have to listen to that after each mag dump.

Video was okay. Around 2 minutes in, everything went upside down. You covered just about everything i think needed to be in a first video. Maybe get someone who plays airsoft more actively to do a review. Your paintball side was very informative tho on the trigger and system.

Also, more edits to shorten the video down.

Thanks for the video.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby theswamp » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Yes, the mags snap into the mag release like a normal airsoft m4. You do not need to push the mag release button to load.

It is a mechanical reactive trigger. To get more consistent rates of fire on these type of trigger systems, it is a learned skill. You have to find the sweet spot in the trigger pull to get the best rates of fire. If you pull the trigger straight back, you will just get a small burst of rounds. This is a drawback until you learn to utilize this system. I think they were trying to make a system that does not rely on batteries.

I agree with you on the co2 mags. 80 rounds is not nearly enough for me personally. I had the Response trigger adjusted really fast, so when I did hit the highest point on the rate of fire, you could dump 50 bbs within a few seconds. This uses so much of the 12 gram that, in my opinion, is not a reliable system for full auto. I shot the gun quite a bit in semi auto and it did really well. There was only 1 or 2 bbs left in the mag before it had wind down.

As a business owner, I feel it is my responsibility to my customers to involve myself and learn more about airsoft. This way I can understand the likes and dislikes of my customers and offer the best services I possibly can. I plan to attend other airsoft events with this gun to put it through trials.
theswamp
Soldier
Soldier

Postby theswamp » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Here is a AAR from yesterday. We played at Action Acres with the Tippman M4 Carbine here is the video of the AAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f4suviUy08
theswamp
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Assault Rifles