[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
UTG MK96 Shadow Ops Sniper Review W/ pics - Long Rifles

UTG MK96 Shadow Ops Sniper Review W/ pics

UTG MK96 Shadow Ops Sniper Review W/ pics

Postby MAXXIMO » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:18 pm

I got my UTG MK96 via ups today, I got it from Airsoft GI. I got the package that comes with a UTG scope for $160 with free shipping.

My first impression was, the body was made from cheap plastic, and it feels like a cheap toy, Compared to the Maruzen body. The Maruzen body is of much better quality.
The shoulder pad is made from hard rubber; the cheek pad is made of Plastic.

ImageImage

The receiver is made from metal but the Triggers housing is made from plastic. It very much looks like a clone of the Maruzen l96 except lower quality.

The bipod attachment is easy to install but it doesn’t stay in place making taking a shot with the bipod not easy. I personally will not use the bipod because I move around a lot with it.

I have heard that the magazine is tricky to insert into the gun, but that was not the case, I inserted and toke out the magazine into/ and out of the gun with no problem.

ImageImage

I toke about 10 shots, at point blank it pierced the bottom of a sprite can, No feeding problem.

The gun can be disassembled by unscrewing two screw, one behind the trigger and the other behind the mag release, just like the maruzen l96. Here is a few shots of the internals

Trigger assemble housing is made from plastic, the sears also look similar to the maruzen’s . sears are metal

Cylinder

The piston and the spring guide is made from plastic, the cylinder head was easy to screw on and off.

Over all first impression is, I like that it is a clone of the maruzen l96, there is room to upgrade. I hate the quality of the built, just what you expect from a Chinese manufacture.

FPS test and accuracy test is to come next week.
Last edited by MAXXIMO on Tue May 29, 2007 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
MAXXIMO
Specops
Specops

Team: RAC 5

Postby jjookkeerrss » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:28 pm

Nice job Max
I wanna see the stock FPS on it :)
Join the :

BUY MY SHIT DAMNIT
jjookkeerrss
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Cadet E. » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:04 pm

Cadet E.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sleepy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:19 am

The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby PanzerFaust » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:12 am

How's it reversed? The bolt's on the right hand side.
PanzerFaust

Postby Sleepy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:39 am

Huh.

Okay, my brain had it that the opposite side of the L96 is flattish.

I shouldn't be awake at 0200.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby busvan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:47 am

so the cylinder was easy to screw off does that mean there is nothing to drill out and easily upgrade it to 500fps with just a new spring? also max you should make a really good review video with that gun on youtube so other people know what they are going to buy. thx
busvan
Recruit
Recruit

Postby MAXXIMO » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:21 pm

there is no pin to drill out, I am expecting the 1st thing to break is the trigger system, because of the weak plastic its built from. if I wanna to upgrade this gun at all, I will have to replace the trigger system.
Image Image
MAXXIMO
Specops
Specops

Postby Decker » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:19 pm

Decker
Grunt
Grunt

Postby KillaGorilla » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:55 pm

KillaGorilla
Soldier
Soldier

Postby jAy-Ay » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:06 pm

Has anyone confirmed that maruzen l96 parts will work in this? Any parts that won't fit? Thanks.
jAy-Ay
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yandle » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:53 pm

Some one did on airsoft retreat, he compared this rifle to his Maruzen. Everything short of the outer barrel are interchangeable, he said it was something to do with the threading on the outer barrel that caused it not to fit.
Treefrog361
1st Chairborne Forces Operational Detachment-1337 (1st Space Shuttle Door Gunner)
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
yandle

Postby MAXXIMO » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:52 pm

SO I finally had time to take my utg out to a near by field and test it out.

After adjusting the hop up and shooting off 2 full mags to get the feeling of the gun, I was frustrated, the hop up was fluctuating like crazy, and every 3rd shot would hop left not up. The bi-pod just gets in the way, I don’t recommend using it, thou I did use it to steady my shots for the test.

I was using 0.3g bbs for this test. I don’t think this gun is made for .3g unless you beef the internals a bit. So .25g bbs would be ok to use with this gun. But again I used .3g.

These targets are about 18" X 18"
1st target at 25ft.. will use this to make sure that my scope is sighted. 10/10

2nd target at 55ft 7/10

3rd target at 100ft 8/10

While doing the test one of the mags broke, still functioning but broken
the 2nd mags keeps jaming or double feeding for some reson.

I am a bit disapointed but you get what you paid for, to turn this into a true sniper it will need work.
I am planing to upgrade it, I will post here the upgrades as well.
Image Image
MAXXIMO
Specops
Specops

Postby B to the RAD » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:15 pm

i have this gun from my friend (he was trying to fix something and dropped it and snapped the trigger at the trigger houseing. he sent it to me in a baggie of parts i kinda got it working but you need a screwdriver to fire it. and the part that catches the piston keeps flipping the wrong direction after a few shots.
recondo graduate.
B to the RAD
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Kitarotamoko » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:03 am

I've been watching this review for a while, and I just signed up to post this, and all I have to say is ewwwww. EWWWW.

7/10 at FIFTY-FIVE FEET!? FOR A "SNIPER RIFLE"!!??!?! I could make that easily with my KWC g19 springer. which is also $140 cheaper.

The CYMA G18c clone almost shoots as accurately than this. At least that thing is automatic, and once again, is $110 cheaper.
But then you got 8/10 at 100ft. Proving how wildly inconsistent this gun is.
Maybe your scope is sighted incorrectly. maybe you got a lemon. Was there wind? I don't know. But I'm glad I waited to see the results, you just saved me a lot of money.
I'm curious what a decent tightbore barrel would do to it, however. It's definately got enough power...but as this as proven, FPS a good gun does not make.
Kitarotamoko
Recruit
Recruit

Next

Return to Long Rifles