WE-tech Hi-capa 5.1 initial review

WE-tech Hi-capa 5.1 initial review

Postby slipstream » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:52 pm

The gun arrived in a sleek looking black box and already made a good impression on me. (note: those dents in the box were from me dropping it :oops:)

The interior of the box was lined with fabric that gave a look that just screamed quality. The gun is aesthetically pleasing to hold, not too heavy not too light, and it is fairly well balanced.

This gun has a metal slide but no trades. It does have rails for mounting lasers etc. in front of the trigger. The sights are fully adjustable and the gun has adjustable hop-up, so zeroing it in will not be a problem.

I have to report that the gun shoots quite well. I shot a man shaped target from 20yds with some friends at s4, getting 4 headsoths out of the ten shots I took the rest being neck shots. Im not the greatest shot in the world so this impressed me quite a bit. The bb's DID NOT curve to any extent that I could notice. This gun also has a good kick to it, adding to the realism.

So far I am very impressed with the Wei-e tech 5.1, I would definitely buy this gun again.
slipstream
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby slipstream » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:06 pm

bump
slipstream
Specops
Specops

Postby 83celwa » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:48 am

Yay, you did a review on a pistol that has been out for quite some time, pretty much everyone has seen/fired, then since no one said anything, you bumped it. Next you should do a review on a ACM M4..........
83celwa
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VogonFord » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:13 am

Look, buddy, the reason why no one commented on it is because you told us nothing about the thing we don't already know. It's a nice, heavy pistol that is durable but is a damn gas hog and can't even finish a magazine in good weather, let alone cold (as opposed to the TM, which can scrape out 2 on a single charge on a good day). Pretty much everyone here has either owned a WE 1911 of some sort or had one of their good friends have one. Of the guys I run with, ALL of them who run with a pistol have them. So unless you have something really, really insightful to tell us about the WE, don't bump this again.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby slipstream » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:42 am

VogonFord wrote:Look, buddy, the reason why no one commented on it is because you told us nothing about the thing we don't already know. It's a nice, heavy pistol that is durable but is a damn gas hog and can't even finish a magazine in good weather, let alone cold (as opposed to the TM, which can scrape out 2 on a single charge on a good day). Pretty much everyone here has either owned a WE 1911 of some sort or had one of their good friends have one. Of the guys I run with, ALL of them who run with a pistol have them. So unless you have something really, really insightful to tell us about the WE, don't bump this again.

you are incorrect about the gas hog part, i got one and a half mags worth of bb's through it at S4 without having to put more gas in it.
slipstream
Specops
Specops

Postby VogonFord » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:21 am

Well then I guess that everyone else I know got a lemon, because my Hi-Capa and my MEU can't do it, neither can AnTiLOGiC's MEU or Easely's MEU or any other review I've heard.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Postby Android » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:28 am

I have the MEU (SOC) and so far I've been able to run about 25-28 bb's before the mag runs out (that's counting about 3-4 increasingly weaker shots), and this is using both the included packaged magazine & another WE one. I should note I haven't hit the 1000 bb mark yet so I don't know yet if there's going to be a significant decrease as things get older & more worn down.
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby VogonFord » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:30 pm

Funny. Anyway, the point still stands: WE's are infamous gas hogs. Both of mine sure are and the reviews I've read before this page have always complained about their gas usage.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Postby Antilogic » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:52 pm

My MEU gets 1.5 to 2 mags on a fill easily.

This is after 500+ rounds on my new magazine (a WE singlestack magazine, not the MEU/Wilson that it shipped with)
I need that mercedes fixed by noon!
Antilogic
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Android » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:03 pm

I noticed the Wilson magazine my MEU came with is starting to stick in the magwell. It doesn't happen with the WE standard single-stack magazine I bought. Anybody else have this problem? What could be causing this?

Back on topic: is the orange tip glued on? It looks like it's removable.
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby VogonFord » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:07 pm

It's glued. Spend a while with a hair dryer and a wrench and it'll come off. Just take out the inner barrel first so you don't have a chance of dinging it.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the MEU magazines, with the feed lips breaking and other things going wrong. Superficially it seems to me in handling less sturdy than a Hi-Capa magazine.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Postby slipstream » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:14 pm

have any of you guys removed the orange tip? I was told that it comes off if you yank it with some pliers but I dont know if this is true. Is there a trick to it?
slipstream
Specops
Specops

Postby tingsoon1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:20 pm

Pull. Hard. And maybe twist. Use pliers. Its really easy. We did it on a diff gun. If I were you I'd put a cloth over it so you don't scratch anything just in case you want the tip back or something.
I talk too much.
tingsoon1
Soldier
Soldier

Postby John_234 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:26 pm

It sometimes helps dipping the tip in boiling water. There isn't any finish to wear off on the WE capa anyway, so it shouldn't have any side effects. Just make sure to dry out the outer and inner barrel afterwards.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby slipstream » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:29 pm

tingsoon1 wrote: If I were you I'd put a cloth over it so you don't scratch anything just in case you want the tip back or something.

oops too late chris lol
slipstream
Specops
Specops

Next

Return to Pistols