Full Review: KJW P226 (Pics and Vids Included!)

Full Review: KJW P226 (Pics and Vids Included!)

Postby Rooke » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:38 pm

NOTE: I'm lacking a good host! My pictures must be downloaded and my videos can only be heard :/ I'm sorry. If anyone has a host or server space and would like to host these clips and pics, it would be greatly apprecaited :)

Real Steel History:

The SIG Sauer P226 is a pistol that is well known for it's accuracy, power, ease of use and dependability. It’s commonly seen used by law enforcement and has even been recognized as the official US Navy SEALS side arm. That’s quite a rap for a standard side arm – but it’s all well deserved.

The real deal SIG Sauer series comes in many shapes, sizes and flavors. The original Sauer was the P226, which was designed from the ground up to be a DAO service pistol designed to take high pressure and extreme weather conditions. The pistol was a great success and is still widely used around the world. It is also noted to be the most popular of the series. The P228, a slightly more compact version, arrived on shelves soon after, as well as the P229, which featured an even smaller size with a newly designed slide. The SIG 240 series and the SIG PRO series soon came after, all of which are based off the original Sauer design.

Every SIG Sauer comes standard with a DAO trigger, spurred hammer, decocker, reversible magazine release and adjustable sights. While this lay out, as mentioned, is seen in all pistols, the designs of which have changed over time with the introduction of the SIG Sauer P226 NAVY – the modernization of the Sauer series. After the pistol’s following, all other designs, including the P228 and P229, were re-worked to mimic this pistol’s new features. Said features included: A reshaped disassembly lever, magazine, hammer, front and back sight, decocker. The series also introduced a pistol rail located on the frame of the pistol, before the trigger guard. This allowed for such attachments as laser aiming modules and torches.

The Pistol:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

There are three things you’re going to notice when you first pick up this pistol. The first is it’s weight – this pistol is HEAVY, weighing in at about two whole pounds. The second observation will be a realization that the name “Full Metalâ€
The more you try to erase me the more that I appear.
Rooke

Team: N/A

Postby DMitri » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:45 pm

Here are some mirrors for the videos. I'm to understand there's no Vid3 correct? And in the future, Shiney Objects (In this case the window) go behind the camera(man) :learn: ;)

http://hate-speech.com/echo/Vid1.avi
http://hate-speech.com/echo/Vid2.avi
http://hate-speech.com/echo/Vid4.avi
http://hate-speech.com/echo/Vid5.avi
http://hate-speech.com/echo/Vid6.avi
DMitri
Banned
Banned

Postby Riddick » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:25 pm

Review is hard to read when you have to kepp scrolling left to right..
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby DMitri » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:28 pm

DMitri
Banned
Banned

Postby Riddick » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:18 pm

problem was resolved with adjustment of pictures...
Riddick

Postby Faint » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:11 am

Your real steel information is incorrect, other then that awesome review
Faint
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Billdozer » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:52 am

Faint wrote:Your real steel information is incorrect, other then that awesome review

Yup, the first Sig Sauer pistol was the 220, a replacement to the Sig P210.

Good review though. I recommend this site for a lot of great information on the real steel firearms.
Billdozer
Banned
Banned

Postby Rooke » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:37 pm

*Raises hand* I meant Sauer, to clear up any confusion. Sauer was when SIG went from Switzerland to Germany.

EDIT-

Ahh, I see where I screwed up. I thought that the 210 and 220 series were manufactured OUT of the Sauer name. My bad! Sorry folks.
Rooke

Postby Guilty » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:16 pm

This is a really good review thanks for the info!

Godbless...
"With God we will gain the victory, and He will trample down our enemies." --Psalm 108:13--
Guilty
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Faint » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:18 am

hehe its all good bro, I was just helping ya out :)

awesome review :)
Faint
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Rooke » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:19 pm

Wow, goes to show that you learn something everyday. I recently found that the KJW SIG P226 has an emergancy manual safty (not found on the real gun).

Pushing the dissassembly lever out will set the gun on Safe (It only moves out about 2 CM). Pushing it back into place puts the gun on fire. Cool lil tibit for those paranoid about shooting themselves when drawing the weapon - but the SIG has a heavy trigger pull when half cocked, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Rooke

Postby Rooke » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:44 pm

So, already the KJW P226 Second Generations are out, and are now called the "KP-01."

Here's the lowdown - the KP-01 was really made for the American and European audiance. It features an extended barrel with an orange tip (so your slide wont be damaged), NO P226 markings at all (it now says "KJ WORKS" in both grips) and a slightly different feel.

It feels a certian higher quality, although the grips seem a little more rough in the sandpaper texture. Cosmetically, they're almost identical (it's just the markings). Preformance wise, not much has changed except for some upgrades here and there part integrity wise. This time, the external safty is nice and stiff - there's no way you can accidently hit this thing off.

So, I guess I give the 2nd generation a thumbs up. If you already own a first, you can just swap the outter barrel and you're all set.
Rooke

Postby Kravenwolf » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:54 pm

Alright hold up. I have a very important question! This was the first gas pistol I ever bought (and the only one I've used, yeah I don't have a pistol now)...and I had to sell it because I kept having a problem with it.

I bought 2 extra magazines, and I used Green Gas in them...after maybe 2 uses, THEY ALL DEVELOPED LEAKS. I sent 2 back to the company and they fixed them and said it was the O-rings...so I tried again thinking it was a defect with the mags. After a few more uses, THEY STARTED TO LEAK AGAIN...so I ended up selling the gun I spent $270 (mags included) for $110 on Ebay saying the mags leak...are all KJW guns like this because I like their full metal attribute...but I don't want leaks...was I doing something wrong?

...I want to buy the KJW M92, but I'm holding off because I want to know why the mags leak. ?
The M-133 Bounding Mine is still in testing. No release date currently set.
Kravenwolf
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bulldog » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:32 pm

All Kjws leak after awhile not sure why. The way you can fix this is wrap the fill valve in Teflon tape. It will stop the leak from ever coming back.
G.O.A.T.....Heavy gunner
Rockin it old school-Asahi m60e3 shorty
Bulldog
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Postby Kravenwolf » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:22 am

you mean permanately? Or every time i have to put gas in the mag i have to remove the tape then put more back on it?
The M-133 Bounding Mine is still in testing. No release date currently set.
Kravenwolf
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Pistols