KJW MK23 review

KJW MK23 review

Postby Mr.Airsoft » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:36 pm

I know that this gun is not new.....but I wanted to own the gun for about a year before I reviewed it.

I purchased this gun on August 8th 2005 just before my birfday on the 13th. I bought it from Jungle Toy. They call it the STTI SOCOM Stealth Assassin. It looked like a very nice nbb.

First Impressions: I needed to buy a gas gun by my birthday party (on my b-day). My B-day was Aug 13, this was the 8th. So there was so pressure. I needed to buy a gun that day if I wanted it by my birthday (I figured out the shipping time). The gun looked very nice (I found it on Jungle Toy for $80). It looked sturdy, and the fps of 350-400 sounded good.

Appearance: August 13th. My birthday, I timed the shipping time perfectly. I wake up at around 11:00 to find a box on my doorstep. Realizing what day it was I began to get excited. I ran to my room and opened the box.

Gun With included silencer

Inside was a smaller box that read: Special Ops Stealth Assassin. I opened the box. There she was. A VERY Large’n-In charge’n gun. I noticed that there were no trades at all. Also included was a silencer ($30 sold separately). It was a very intimidating site.

Feel: I clutched on to the gun and found it to be quite heavy, I found the mag release button and slid out the mag. Very heavy magazine!!! This held the majority of the weight. The gun still felt strong and well put together…….but I was ready to test that

Me holding the gun

Build Quality: The threaded barrel, safety, hammer safety, trigger, magazine release, hammer, magazine, and some of the internal parts are all metal. The rest is all High-grade ABS plastic.

Function: The gun can be field stripped by pressing in the center safety from the opposite side. Inside of the gun is the hop-up adjuster.

Hop-Up (sorry it’s blurry)

The mag release button it behind the trigger guard. Each bb must be loaded manually, an obvious downer. Gas is loaded in the bottom of the mag, about 2 three second bursts and it’s full. The gun has 2 safeties, one next to the hammer (hammer must be halfway down for this safety to work), and the other is in the middle of the gun.

Performance: I took it behind my house (a much wooded area) and brought the silencer and gas with me. First, without the silencer. Filled it up (28 bbs) with .2 bbs. I pull the trigger to find it hard to pull, this being good and bad, hard to get used to, but a very sturdy trigger.

Sights (not during performance check)

It shot very straight, and far, 10 more shots. Same results. Silencer time. I screwed on the silencer and shot. Further, but hops up a lot. Luckily I brought my handy mini screw-driver. Very easy to field strip. Push on the opposite side of the center safety and it’s stripped. A short glance and I found the hop up lever. I fiddled with it a few times (trial and error) and finally got it. It was amazing! A far but un-accurate shot. Then I found that with the silencer off, the hop up setting must be re-changed. I decided not to use the silencer; it only adds about 25fps, and it causes the gun to be less accurate.

Maintenance: I also purchased gun lube with the gun. One quick spray down the barrel just before shooting the gun will help. Also I use Q-tips about once a month on the inside.

Conclusion: This Gun is great for a side arm or a main weapon. It Has a Very strong and durable magazine, strong power, and lots of metal parts.

Pros:
-High fps
-Very accurate
- Heavy
-Magazine only $20
-3 safeties

Cons:
-Must be field striped to adjust hop-up.
-No trades.
-Heavy (also a pro)

Rating 9/10
Last edited by Mr.Airsoft on Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, it must be obvious day at Camp Stupid!

-Master Shake
Mr.Airsoft
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby MetraDirty » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:06 am

... So adding the Silencer increased your FPS and shooting distance?
And you received this gun, loaded it with gas and bb's, emptied the magazine and proceeded to construct a review about it?

If so, thank you. That's all I needed to know.
Tan vs. Green airsoft game no. 9532.
MetraDirty
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby mmmsammichmaker » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:17 am

If you are going to recuew it, "Mr.Airsoft" :roll: be sure to
a. chronograph it, not go from what the box says.
b. learn something about the general quality of gun used here.
and Take your own pics.
http://www.ukasc.net/content.php?review.42
mmmsammichmaker
Soldier
Soldier

Postby RedSpartan5 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:38 am

Ahhhhhhhh, so thats why he said he got the replica a year ago and pic says 1999.

Oh yea, and if you dont have a crono, ask someone who has one
-OR-
If you have a local airsoft only retailer, they probibly have a crono for cronoing their own guns. Airsoft Atlanta lets just about anyone use theirs free of charge. (well we dont really use it, we just give em a gun and a mag w/ bbs in it and they crono it and let us see the readings, or they just tell us, depending on the person cronoing it)
RedSpartan5
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Mr.Airsoft » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:41 pm

SonicDragonwerkz wrote:If you are going to recuew it, "Mr.Airsoft" :roll: be sure to
and Take your own pics.

First off, my cousin is Jonathon Thompson, he posted it on ukasc because i don't have an account there!.

Secondly, He didn't set the timer on the camera.....so it says 99

-Master Shake
Mr.Airsoft
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Knuckles » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:50 pm

Mr.Airsoft wrote:First off, my cousin is Jonathon Thompson, he posted it on ukasc because i don't have an account there!.

So, what you're telling us is that you're posting pure 100% unadulterated worthless heresay?
Please buy your gear from Rick Fisher; perhaps he can buy a Life.
Knuckles

Postby soldieroffortune » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:56 pm

Hey, Mr. Airsoft!

Isn't it great to know that everyone here appreciates you taking the time to create a review?

Geez... come ON, people! Someone takes the time to create a (particularly helpful) review of a gun, and you criticize it! :shock: He didn't HAVE to make a review, you know! I mean, seriously! Be thankful!
Commander... of the fighting men... of the 501st
soldieroffortune
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Mr.Airsoft » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:17 am

Thank you!!!

-Master Shake
Mr.Airsoft
Recruit
Recruit

Postby KA-BAR » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:30 am

that was a review??
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby soldieroffortune » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Mr Airsoft - You're welcome!

KA-BAR - "KA-BAR", that's a name?
Commander... of the fighting men... of the 501st
soldieroffortune
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Bulldog » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:44 pm

Mr. Soldier, do not even start with that sh**. No one wants to read what you type so just stop.
G.O.A.T.....Heavy gunner
Rockin it old school-Asahi m60e3 shorty
Bulldog
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Postby omega1 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:54 pm

Mr.Airsoft wrote:I purchased this gun on August 8th 2005 just before my birfday on the 13th. I bought it from Jungle Toy. They call it the STTI SOCOM Stealth Assassin. It looked like a very nice nbb.

Mr.Airsoft wrote:
SonicDragonwerkz wrote:If you are going to recuew it, "Mr.Airsoft" :roll: be sure to
and Take your own pics.

First off, my cousin is Jonathon Thompson, he posted it on ukasc because i don't have an account there!.

Hehe, I love this. Watch this:
KJW MK23 Socom
by Jonathon Thompson on Sunday 02 January 2005

So, you bought the gun in august of 2005, right? Well, this review, which would be the one you say your cousin posted on a UK airsoft site, which is where you got the pics from (previously stated), was actually written before you bought your gun. Have fun working that one out.

Now for some constructive criticism. Does your review tell us what you thought of the gun? Yes. Does it give us good information that we can use? Not really. When you review a product for other people, generally people want facts and figures, not speculation. Things such as exactly what is metal on the gun, the chronoed fps, measured range and groupings, number of rounds per gas charge, how it compares to other guns in the same catagory, etc. Just saying that you like it, because it looks cool and shoots better than the springers you may have had before doesn't give us a clue on whether we should look at it or not.
M4 CQBR, P90 TR, M3 Shorty, HFC M9, KJW Sig P229, WE 1911
omega1
Specops
Specops

Postby slayu2 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:37 pm

Better watch out for KA-BAR's nose...Id just call your hits now soldier
G.O.A.T
slayu2
Soldier
Soldier