Element 552.

Element 552.

Postby Hamster » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Excuse the camera quality, as I'm not Fred or anybody on AP with amazing photography skills.

Anyways, This is my review on the Element 552. All opinions in this review are based by my own, and may differ from the views of others. I have no other replica holographics, so there will be no comparison between any other products.

This replica holographic sight can be found on various websites, like Tiger111hk.com
For less than $60 + S&H, And AirsoftClub for around $60 to my zip code. Element also creates a 553 replica, and other holographic sight replicas, so the information based on what I type may be accurate to most of the sights produced by them.

I've had this particular replica since about early January, So I've been able to use it in games and such. I purchased it off Tiger111hk for about $44 dollars (Shipping included) during a sale. It is powered by two (2) Double A (AA) Batteries.

The external construction of the sight is both metal/ABS plastic. Metal parts being the base, Case, and all the other screws, and some springs that were not pictured.

I noticed that some of the screws are fairly brittle, and one of the screw holes in my replica has actually stripped to the point of not being able to get a screw in. Be warned when taking it apart for some reason. Although, it's a Chinese replica and it was less than 50 dollars total. What can I say?

Inside the replica:
You've got a fairly shitty soldering job. Some hot glue fixed some weak joints, but the only reason it came loose was because I took it apart to wipe off some moisture inside.

The reticule is powered by an LED light, which I can't grab a clear picture of below.

Onto the sight picture.

Since I've been using my phone for all the pictures, Taking a photo would be a phony pony to the eyes.

The green dot furthest away closest to the middle of the photo is your reticule. Considering my phone's camera is 2 megapixels, the reticule is fairly clear. There are at least five brightness settings for both a green reticule and a red reticule. They are changed with the "NV" button next to the "ON" and in between the brightness buttons.

Don't worry, the reticule isn't that small. I had to take a nice close-up with my amazing nikkon quality phone.

Although, The reticule doesn't show up when you've got light shining into your face and the sight. That's because of your little LED reticule thing.

Your windage adjustment screws on the side are also backwards, so down = up and right = left. Chinese manufacturing for you. It doesn't change anything much though, except our faith in Asian drivers perhaps.(WHY!?)

In conclusion, If you're on a fairly tight budget or you have your parents buying all your stuff (Like me, and probably 97% of the minors on AP) and they're stingy, Then I'd recommend this thing. Provided you don't take it apart, it could last you.

If you're old and have a job, and can afford nice things then go buy a hurricane or a G&P model. Unless you REALLY don't care much about what you spend your money on.

For such a nice price, I'd say that this replica is a fairly great deal, despite the heavy downsides on the product.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Return to Parts and Accessories