[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MARSOC, MFR, STA, MEU Loadouts - Page 8 - Tactical Equipment

MARSOC, MFR, STA, MEU Loadouts

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Re:

Postby SleepyDave » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:11 pm

SleepyDave
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: MARSOC, MFR, STA, MEU Loadouts

Postby Raging Hormann » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Also, zeroing your weapon for 300 Meters means that your bullet has an upward then downward trajectory on its way to target. Close quarters combat would be at such a range that the bullet would be traveling upward at the point of impact, providing the weapon was sighted for 300 meters.
Raging Hormann

Postby spazgar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:40 am

So my old roommate from when I was in is over at MARSOC now and he just told me that they train with whatever weapons they feel like. They're budget is so big now that it's retarded. He's over at Los Flores in Camp Pen. He sent some pics of them last weeks and as soon as he says they're clear to be posted I'll get them on the forum. It's funny cause I see all these pics that are posted and the ones I have of friends are wearing different gear but that might be cause they're all rebellious and don't care what anyone say what gear they have to wear. I'm also surprised to see how many people where marines that are on the forum and up here in OR. Hopefully I'll have the pics up soon
spazgar
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Snowman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Hmmm, I'm curious to see that. They've been seen in pics with M4s, MK17s, and M110s, so what else would they be using?
top lel
Snowman

Postby spazgar » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Well snowman, I don't know if when they deploy if they even use the weapons. I've just been to ranges and watched some of they're ranges with shit thats crazy. By the way I wasn't involved in the range just watchin.
spazgar
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jerm_G » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 pm

There equipment changes with what is new, top of the line and somewhat shooter's preference but for the most part not too far off the standard issue for many units. The real difference between special operations guys and line guys is not the specialized training. It's the fact that the average grunt only has a general concept of the basic skill sets needed to wage war. The MARSOC guys are true Jedi masters of those basic skill sets. The tools help but are not what makes them special.

I did a lot of cross training with them in 07 prior to deployment and gained an endless amount of respect for those guys. For the few months my platoon trained on and off with them, we learned alot of valuable info. I wish we could have spent alot more time working with them. Back then it was M-4s and what ever else they needed. For the most part, what I saw was alot of the same gear that many of our guys had, just one or two generations newer. Having the budget to be able to have that gear for every member of their team was what shocked us. We couldnt imagine what it would be like for everyone to have optics and brand new M-4s. Better gear, NODs and laser aiming devices for everyone just made us more jellous.

Matter of fact my picture up in the corner is from a range with MARSOC. I was shooting one of their M-40A3s with a Unertial scope. It was one of the first rifles that came off the line. Amazing things happen when you have one of the world's best trained marksmen giving you some one on one advanced training and calling windage and elivation for you. Hands down one of the best memories I have from those days.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:22 pm

FAST Marines

Sorry for the tiny pics, AP's frames are annoying :x
I have hi-res if anyone wants em.

Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby VossMan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:49 am

Not sure why they are wearing fanny packs??
VossMan
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Nark » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:43 am

Forget all the gibberish cluttering the image. Just trying to tell if these guys are USMC Force Recon or if this is a big fail.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Nark » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:12 am

Yah that's what my buddy (ex-marine) and I felt too.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 am

Hella airsofters. Real Marines don't own clean kit. Trufaxs

That and everyone in that picture looks like they're 18.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby Catch22 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Catch22

Postby Catch22 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Yeah, it's real.
Catch22

Postby Voodoo Man » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Lots of guys heading to MARSOC or Recon are in the early to mid twenties.
Voodoo Man
Specops
Specops

Team: DRAT

Postby Nark » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:15 pm

I've seen a couple pics of SEALs who look way to young.
Edit:
Last edited by Nark on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Tactical Equipment