1 BASIC GEAR KIT FOR MULTIPLE SOF IMPRESSIONS (MIL-SIM)

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Postby Darius137 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Snowman wrote:Other guy I talked (Ranger) to said that "rhodesians" haven't been used in years, be it for scout, regular, or recon troops. :/

I saw Ranger Recon guys wearing them at RSLC (Recon & Surveillance Leaders Course) a year ago at Ft. Benning.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Snowman » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:59 pm

One guy I talked to said he just ordered a custom plate carrier in OCP/Multicam from BDS Tactical, he didn't say which model though. I can ask him about it, but it might just be his unit's SOP to allow it.

Darius, he also said they haven't used ACUs in years, because of the change to Multicam, but there are also plenty of pics of them wearing them in training, so it might have just been for training. Iono though. :/
top lel
Snowman

Team: N/A

Re: 1 BASIC GEAR KIT FOR MULTIPLE SOF IMPRESSIONS (MIL-SIM)

Postby Catch22 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:09 pm

MICH 2002
EPC
M81 Woodies

thanks jew for the cool pics
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Catch22 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:13 pm

well give them up. i have a few as well
Catch22

Postby Catch22 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Way cool. You gotta come down more often.
Catch22

Postby Catch22 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Well next time we gotta do a campout plus games.
Catch22

Postby Unconventional » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Good to see the photos coming up finally...

Nice..Catch22...nice. I'm aiming to finally get up there some time this year. I hope, anyway..
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Snake_Eyes » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:28 am

Alright I decided its time to make a contribution. I'll caveat this by saying that in AFGHANISTAN and CENTRAL ASIAN THEATRE does this apply. I work with many of the SOF team members you all are trying to make impressions of. First and foremost please Please PLEASE do not refer to our community as "Operators" we do not answer telephones for a living. Its stupid and if you talk to any of my team members.....you'll be mocked and instantly thought of as a MW3 fanboy.

SOF Team Members ARE wearing many of these items you posted. However the actual equipment used comes down to the individuals PREFERENCE. If you want to look exactly as a certain individual, you will succeed. If you want to look authentic wear what works for YOU! SOF is given the privilege to use what works for them as long as it follows the DoD safety guidelines.

HELMET - MICH 2000 or MICH 2001 (Norotos 3 hole mount or L3 G10 One Hole NVG Mount)
-I use the Norotos 3 hole personally, I prefer it along with many for low profile of it and its weight (or lack there of)

ANSI RATED GOGGLES - ESS Profile or Desert Locust
- I use the Army Issue ESS Profile, they were free and work. Sentiment is mutual across the team.

ANSI RATED PROTECTIVE SHOOTING GLASSES - Oakley A or M frames
-PERSONAL PREFERENCE, Oakley M Frames with Amber lense. These are the "IN" thing within the Army and the guys youre really interested in Ranger/SF/Virginia Boys

RADIO - MBITR, Harris, Icom F4S or other F series radio and ?
-Radios are whatever your unit has, its a mixture of MBITR, Harris(Vehicle Mounted) Icom F4S. As there are a metric fuckton of MBITR here almost everyone uses them. However if you want to be like the unit that doesn't exist, you'll skip the BS and get a Sat Phone (Iridium Extreme Satellite Phone) added plus the high end security contractors I work with use these along with Department of State and other GOs, you can even send me a MGRS grid.

The biggest thing here is getting the WIRE WHIP ANTENNA, essentially you can weave this through youre MOLLE plate carrier and makes the signal better. It looks like a long black cord and a male end which screws into the antenna portion. Weave the cord in a zigzag pattern on the back of your plate carrier.

RADIO HEADSET & PTT - MSA Sordin or Peltor Comtac headset with Nexus or other real brand U-94 PTT
The standard is Peltor, I see the majority of guys using these as they were bought by the unit, forget the NSN. Good stuff! Some guys went and bought there own that cancel the sounds of gunfire, these are awesome and amplify voice sounds.

CHEST RIG/PLATE CARRIER - EI RRV or LBT 1961 series MJK/Khaki or Coyote Tan)
-THIS IS ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

GLOVES - Oakley SI Assualt gloves, Factory Pilot gloves standard Nomex Flight gloves or Mechanix gloves
-Myself and the majority of 7 Group use the Blackhawk tan gloves, they don't have a hard knuckle but its padded leather, these are light, allow use of touchscreens, fire retardant and breathe. Amazing in the heat and the cold.

GPS or WATCH - Garmin Foretrex 401
-Any Garmin will do, the only "standard" is that its a Garmin. Absolute must for any team member in the REAL WORLD. Makes PR so much easier. As far as Watches go, personal preference. I use an

UNIFORM TYPE (including camo pattern type or solid color type)
-Dependant on environment. Experimental patterns, Multicam is no longer experimental. Virginia Boys are running with a wierd mix of flecktarn-digi-faded montrocity....

BELT (for uniform pants only) - BHI CQC or LBT riggers belt MJK or khaki tan based
-Any kind of Riggers Belt in Green/Black/Tan

PADDED MOLLE BELT - Eagle Industries PMB (MJK/Khaki)
-Only saw it ONCE, a medic was using it as bandoleer for gauze and other medical stuff. I don't see anyone using otherwise

KNEE & ELBOW PADS - Arcterx or Crye pads...or no pads at all
-I have seen NO ONE wear elbow pads. For air assaults hell yes, they are amazing.

BOOTS - Asolo FSN 95 GTX & FSN series, Merell's, Danner Hikers
-Put the boots in the closet for a rainy day, we use Merrells with an elastic drawstring, comfy and light with a super great grip.

PRIMARY WEAPON - M4 RIS Block I or Block II
-Accurate, however the M14 EBR is the new hawtness and many teams have 1 or two platforms with trained marksmen.

SECONDARY WEAPON - Glock 19, 22 or Beretta 92 series
-Sig Sauer, Beretta 92 (New and Old), I have only seen a few 1911 (40s and .45s) mostly the Chief Warrant Officers have them or crusty MSGs in group.

OPTIC - Eotech or ACOG
-Mission Dependant/Roles
My sword runs at 450 FPS, try to out run that! 35+ Sword/Knife Kills and counting.
Snake_Eyes
Specops
Specops

Postby McNair » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:30 am

Good info, thanks, Pat.
McNair

Postby pulsipher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:33 am

about the optic thing.
my brother and ALL his group were issued elcans before they left for Afghanistan last year.
source 1st group SFG

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby 110 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:Good info, basically lines up with what we knew. What exactly do you do, Snake Eyes? For some reason I'm thinking you're supply or administrative.

What branch are the guys using the LBT 1961s from?

He's Civ. Affairs.
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Snake_Eyes » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:03 am

I'm a Civil Affairs SGT supporting CTF-82 and SOTF. What our team does is coordinate with PSCs (Chermonix, Black and Veatch, Blue Hackle, Pax Mondial and others) to provide life saving information and work with local nationals. If you want more I'll be happy to take it to PMs while avoiding PERSEC and OPSEC violations.

http://www.rcscit.org/

FOR A REAL RANGER IMPERSONATION YOU MUST SHAVE YOUR LEGS AND HAVE A HAND SIZE AMOUNT OF HAIR ON TOP OF YOUR HEAD, SKIN FADE.
-No I'm not kidding...75th ARE that HOO-AH...you can't make this sh*t up.

PS: These are similar to the ones I own and "Big Mike" owns, 3rd Group

My sword runs at 450 FPS, try to out run that! 35+ Sword/Knife Kills and counting.
Snake_Eyes
Specops
Specops

Postby SleepyDave » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:04 am

For the sake of curiousity, on the M-frames, is there a particular lense style that is more popular? Looking at the Oakley website, there's about 5 separate shapes of lenses.

Sweep - Note the pointed rear edges
Strike - Shallower, blunt flat rear edges (I'm partial to this style, myself)
Hybrid - Not as shallow, slightly rounded rear edges
Heater - Chunkier pointed rear edges
Hybrid S - Rounded rear edge

Or is there really no general consensus or concern? Does it all come back around to user preference?
"Hey, where the shazaam did you go? You haven't said two words since Baghdad."
"No more Ripped Fuel."
SleepyDave
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Unconventional » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks for contributing "Snake Eyes".

If you know W. Schene (SOTF-East), please tell him I'm anxious to see some OPSEC's photos of him and/or some of the others sporting my custom call signs I made for him a while back.

I did a big order for C. Klawitter..do you happen to know him? He was going to send photos to me as well.

This was his last message to me:

Saturday, September 10, 2011 1:44 PM
Hi Chris,

We've been very busy lately and your product has worked very well.
Will send you pictures once I have them on a mission or on the range
and they are OpSec cleared..

Best regards, from the shit-hole
Chris

Tell both of them our prayers are with them.

Chris C.
Adventure - Tactical
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Snake_Eyes » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:33 am

Well he probably will only send them to you brother and sanitized. I also highly recommend you don't share them even if they are ;) Also I have a few friends in SOTF-E I can call up and ask about your bros over there. PM a message you'd like to get out and I can pass it on! Also Unconventional, are you the one making custom "RAID" modded uniforms? I might have a favor of you if you are ;)

As for C. Klawitter, I don't know him. Is he fall under SOTF-S?
Snake_Eyes
Specops
Specops

PreviousNext

Return to Tactical Equipment