US NSW/SEAL/VBSS & DEVGRU IMPRESSION KIT BY AP MEMBERS

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

US NSW/SEAL/VBSS & DEVGRU IMPRESSION KIT BY AP MEMBERS

Postby Unconventional » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:17 am

This ONE BASIC GEAR KIT FOR A modern, 2005 and up, US NSW VBSS ,SEAL AND DEVGRU IMPRESSION post coincides with the "ONE BASIC GEAR KIT FOR MULTIPLE MODERN SOF IMPRESSIONS" post that was the first part of the series of SOF's kit threads that I'd like to continue with. SEAL teams don't really have one basic gear kit as they operate in all types of environments and work different assignments everywhere with different equipment..etc..covert and overt operations...however, they sometimes do have familiar kits that are used when they are operating within specific assignments..etc to differentiate themselves from other units/branches that are operational nearby or in the same region. Please keep in mind...this is not a post to place pictures of actual SOF members..etc on...these posts are for anyone who is an AP member or guest of AP who wishes to demonstrate (via their own photos with kit on..etc) or provide info that will assist others who are serious about doing an accurate impression and who also want to learn and train to the best of their knowledge, about how to operate accurately with a MIL-SIM based air-soft team..etc. The end result should be that we have 4 quadrant photos of the impression by members or a member of the AP site, along with the most up to date (2011 and up)detailed kit list for all to use as a guideline.

This post is not for myself or for my son. We already have "real deal" gear kit put together for 3 SOF's impressions...for the most part, although not perfect...lol! This topic thread is for those out there who want to acquire an accurate/semi-accurate, "real deal" kit/load-out to be used for a US NSW/SEAL impression.

I'd like to see both, "greenside" and "blackside"US NSW/SEAL impression kit/load-outs, if possible. This US NSW/SEAL load-out impression can be SAW gunner, rifleman, medic..etc..whatever or multi-role if this particular unit has any or all of these positions.

After we get a solid, full-on consensus over a period of time, I'll put up a generally agreed upon kit list right here for the "US NSW/SEAL impression kit". Remember...this is for a NSW/SEAL impression kit, not standard military, PMC or other impressions. AND...this is just for the main kit items, not necessarily what you're going to attach to your kit.

Let's keep this post limited to the following basic items, starting from head to toe:

HELMET -

ANSI RATED GOGGLES -

ANSI RATED PROTECTIVE SHOOTING GLASSES -

RADIO -

RADIO HEADSET & PTT -

PLATE CARRIER -

CHEST RIG/PLATE CARRIER -

GLOVES -

GPS or WATCH -

UNIFORM TYPE (including camo pattern type or solid color type)

BELT (for field/combat uniform pants only) -

PADDED MOLLE BELT -

KNEE & ELBOW PADS -

BOOTS -

PRIMARY WEAPON -

SECONDARY WEAPON -

OPTIC -

MAGNIFIER -
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby quigly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:49 pm

You mean she isn't a bomb detecting dog? Lame.
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Dat a$$.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby GH0ST » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:My current SEAL rig. Basing this off of various reference pictures, rather than just one. Ignore the dog, she decided she wanted in on the picture as well. ;)

Looking good there Welshy. As a former member of STII, might I suggest a Throat/VOX instead of a shoulder mounted Mic for your radio there. That would go a long way in regards to the "look" you're trying to achieve.

Typically, we also rarely went into the field with a helmet on. The helmet was used primarily for aerial insertions, be they chute or rappelling. Beyond that, as soon as our boots hit the ground it was cap on, adjust sunglasses and go time! LOL. Course then again, you mentioned you were trying to build your kit off of truly modern day SEAL's and my time and location was Bosnia back in 95'

The really beautiful thing about a true to form "SEAL" kit is the fact that we never had a real kit per se. Depending upon the mission and locale, one could just as easily wear blue jeans and a polo shirt or standard woodland cammies (BDU's were the Army version), vs black, dark blue, etc.
GH0ST
Grunt
Grunt

Postby GH0ST » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:05 pm

True true true! Those helmets plain old sucked lol. Also, one more thing to mention, there is a distinct difference between DEVGRU and other SEAL teams. Don't let the media confuse, there is no SEAL Team 6, hasn't been since... 86 I believe. Since then it was renamed DEVGRU, can't remember the whole name, but it incorporates Delta (another group that doesn't exist anymore), Rangers, and other elite fighting groups. The reason I'm bringing this up is because your standard SEAL wears different things vs a member of DEVGRU which I think you're emulating quite well actually.
GH0ST
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Unconventional » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Fantastic job, Day! :p

Well done.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Re: US NSW/SEAL/VBSS & DEVGRU IMPRESSION KIT BY AP MEMBERS

Postby Nark » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Will post a pic of my "SEAL" loadout soon. Just posting on here to keep this thread handy. I put SEAL in quotes cause I need input haha :)
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby God » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Currently, based somewhat off of Act of Valor and pics and personal comfort... I'm running;

MultiCam=MC

MC boonie cap-PROPPER

ACS in MC -Massif
(Bought over FROG due to massive price difference and still real(plus Massif is based in Ashland, OR apparently)

ACU-cut MC pants-PROPPER

Bijan kneepads(I know, they kinda suck..)

Tan boots (Wellco, again, best could afford and keep it mil-spec)

Replica Crye JPC-OD
OD shemagh
ESS goggles

Here's where I lose my mil-spec style stuff..
Black combat belt, ACM
-?Marine? pants belt
-BLACKHAWK! SERPA mounted on pants belt

Weapon..
M4A1 Carbine 14.5"
-EOTECH 552/AimPoint 1x30mm
-Replica PEQ 15 in tan
-MagPul MOE PTS stock(probably not very military)
-MagPul MBUS1 rear sights
-DRMS AR15 RIS

Glock 18c/19
I realize it should be a P226, but again, personal preference here..

-(lightweight back up vest set)
--BLACKHAWK! CRCH-OD
--PACA in tan
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby God » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:19 pm

I went with a budget LOOK-ALIKE. Something that is acceptable to the average, non hardcore-to-the-point-of-bitching-due-to-not-close-enough airsofter.
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Jewish Ninja » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:Except it's not even look alike. I don't care if you want to run it, what you're using isn't that bad. Just don't call it a SEAL kit, and especially don't call it a SEAL impression.

All of this.

Call it your kit. Do not call it an impression if nothing is correct.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Nark » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:07 am

Give me some advice guys! I'm open to criticism but it needs to be constructive :P

M4 14" with Taclight and MOE VFG & KWA P226

RRV
-7 shingles
-double 2 stack mag
-admin pouch
-utility pouch
-FB/radio pouch

Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Nark » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:11 am

I like them a lot. Apparently the Reddragon and Toy Soldier repros are the best. I got Reddragon and they're pretty decent. I've only worn them once to CQB but I'll be doing it more often when I go now.

I thought Coyote Tan worked as a color for gear for Navy SEALs?
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Nark » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:17 pm

got it I thought you were saying the color was wrong not the pouches. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a Pantac 6094 soon so as soon as I do that I will have Eagle pouches for that
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Nark » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:Do et. Khaki 6094 with khaki Eagle pouches and a 2000/2001 or FAST ballistic would make a good SEAL kit.

Your rifle needs a lot of work though.

Got other things I need to buy first, stuff from skate companies, food, all that jazz.
All I gotta do is either get this silencer made custom or get a shorter outer barrel and a new rail system plus a silencer. All available at your local Airsoft Outlet Northwest (who will give me 50% off my total order for this shout out :P Man I wish) haha

Might just shell out and get a KWA SR7
http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=28

So I know that SEALs are using the shorter M4s these days cause they are operating in a semi-urban environment. Wouldn't they have a longer gun in a non urban environment at all? I've seen the pic we've all seen of the Navy SEAL weapon case and they've got both a 10" and a 14.5" upper reciever. I've included it below just in case you haven't.

Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Android » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Your Noveske M4 has a 14.5" barrel, so just change the front rail to a KAC or a DD RISII (though IIRC doing the latter means switching out your FSB to a low-profile one) & you're good to go.
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Next

Return to Tactical Equipment