[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Chest Rigs for Beginners - Page 2 - Tactical Equipment

Chest Rigs for Beginners

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Postby Jerm_G » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:22 pm

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Variable » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:26 pm

When I'm running a chest rig I either use a Camelback MULE or I stuff a few water bottles into my GP pouch.
Anyways, this thread needs pics.
MAV 2 piece
MAV 2 piece with X back

I never load my MAV with enough weight in airsoft to really need the x-back. But with 6+ AR15 mags, 2 pistol mags, and some water bottles, its heavy enough to benefit from the x-back.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Jerm_G » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:26 pm

Is that a drag handle on the x back?

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Variable » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Variable

Postby Jerm_G » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 am

Eagle Industries LE Active Shooter Chest Rig (CB).

This is mine. I have about a dozen pouches on order for the new plate carrier so allot of the stuff that is on the carrier will be moved to the chest rig. The pouch with the red buckle is an ACOG case that I have turned into a mini blowout kit. It's the lowest profile case I have found that works for my needs so far. See the original post for details. Hands down this rig is the true definition of KISS.

Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Chest Rigs for Beginners

Postby MJKramer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:42 am

Remember, diversity makes America wonderful, so our opinions don't have to match!
MJKramer
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Jerm_G » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 am

The kangaroo bladder style carriers are coming more popular now. Almost every gear company I have harassed over the last month has had them in their inventory. Companies are learning the more isn't always better and their customers are looking for ways to reduce weight. We will be seeing allot more of these in the near future.

Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rentax » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:17 am

Tactical tailor, makes the Joey Pouch, for the .75L Source Hydro Pouch, and Blackhawk makes a 40oz. side hydration Pouch. Those are the two I know of.
The only real advantage I've found is you are free to mount them in more places because of their size.

With the Source system, the parts are easily and quickly interchangeable, so if you are in a vehicle, you could store water there and just swap out bags quickly when empty, but if you need to leave the vehicle, you are not carrying as much weight in water. Mounting them in places other than your back, makes swapping them out easier too.
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Jerm_G » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:57 am

Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Matt

Postby Unconventional » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:31 pm

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Jerm_G » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Unconventional » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:49 pm

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger