Under Armour in airsoft.

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Re: Under Armour in airsoft.

Postby Whiplash » Tue May 06, 2014 12:26 pm

Hey Shortbus looks like the guy ran in to you and me and we lit him up , thats what it looks like to me, but a plate carrier would help alot
Whiplash
Grunt
Grunt

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Steve » Thu May 08, 2014 1:20 pm

So, basically, if it hurts to get hit in an UnderArmour shirt, it encourages you to not get hit. Therefore, you get immediate feedback when you screw up. As such, continuing to play in an UnderArmour shirt will encourage you to get better quickly.

Obviously, the thing to do is not to get a plate carrier. Instead, get UnderArmour running shorts to match the shirt.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Team: N/A

Postby Cyclops » Thu May 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Little over a year ago there was a team (I believe Phantom Fury) had their prospects take off their shirts off before doing the sniper hunt.. I just remember a lot of screaming going on....
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Shortbu » Thu May 08, 2014 4:08 pm

Steve wrote:So, basically, if it hurts to get hit in an UnderArmour shirt, it encourages you to not get hit. Therefore, you get immediate feedback when you screw up. As such, continuing to play in an UnderArmour shirt will encourage you to get better quickly.

Obviously, the thing to do is not to get a plate carrier. Instead, get UnderArmour running shorts to match the shirt.

Bwahahaha! DOEEEEET!
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shortbu » Thu May 08, 2014 4:09 pm

Whiplash wrote:Hey Shortbus looks like the guy ran in to you and me and we lit him up , thats what it looks like to me, but a plate carrier would help alot

Haha, nice! We do tend to deal quite a bit of plastic together out there together.
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shortbu » Thu May 08, 2014 4:17 pm

Alien_Hunter wrote:Image

I'm planning on buying this. I'm tall and skinny and this looks like it would fit nice and cover most of my low stomach.

The vests are quite a bit cheaper than a plate carrier, but I prefer the plate carrier. I like being able to lace mag pouches across the entire front, and the vest has the gap in the middle. I started out with a vest like that one. I liked it till I got my first plate carrier, now I'll never go back.
Plus I very rarely get shot in the lower belly. (And I've got quite a bit of belly) I'm usually crouched, or I lower my chest when moving, and my battle jersey isn't tight against the skin, so if I do get shot there, it helps absorb some of the impact.
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby N_Tracer » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:36 am

Hello everybody!
Sorry, but I didn't found better place to ask this question.
If there any practical resons for PMC to wear polo T-shirt? Or that's just the personal choice of good looking and comfortable wear?
Thank's a lot!
N_Tracer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:02 pm

My information is a bit dated (haven't worked near contractors since mid 2008). However, the DynCorp and MPRI guys I knew wore polo shirts with the company logos on them because the company logo counts as a "distinctive sign or sigil".

Some reasons PMCs probably wear polo shirts:
1: They are not too uncomfortable when it's balls-hot out.
2: They are more professional looking than t-shirts.
3: An embroidered polo shirt isn't much more expensive than a decent-quality printed t-shirt.
4: The locals don't wear polo shirts.
5: Corporate branding.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby N_Tracer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:03 am

Thanks a lot!
N_Tracer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Nark » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Alien_Hunter wrote:
Jester316 wrote:So are you saying that it sucked being shot while wearing only an underarmor shirt?

Or are you saying that your body created blisters from the fabric?

BBs are responsible for the welts. Sport shirts offer almost NO protection against BBs. A basic T-shirt would've been 100x better because it doesn't cling to skin.

Did you think they were gonna give you protection?? If you want the cling feeling get a combat shirt.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Previous

Return to Tactical Equipment