What's on Your Loadout?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Re: What's on Your Loadout?

Postby SNAFU » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:45 pm

I like to move around a lot. I'm not a fan of sitting and waiting for my enemy. I like to find them and take them out. At the next event my buddy is bringing his RPK as support fire and my other buddy is bringing an ACR/MASADA. Basically the situation sets up to me bringing my bolt and having my buddies bring their guns to support me. The problem is my friends aren't super aggressive. They will push up, but not do a lot of firing. I think I will bring my AK, but I will leave it behind just in case I want to use it later or if the bolt goes down.
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:00 pm

Not to just be disagreeing with everybody, because all of their points are valid. But like I said, there's more than one way to do something.

I have ran my AR pistol (when it still was a pistol, one without a buffer tube) with short mags, in my spare hydration carrier, many times, it works good.
Have done this with my friends AKu, with the side folding stock. Worked, but had to load it once it was out of the bag.

This season I'll be running this setup with my new AKu, with six position stock. Except now I have some short AK mags!
Already tested this at the arena, works good. Obviously not as comfortable as the AR pistol, but as long as you don't go slamming your head back, to look at a bird, or whatever, you'll be fine. You wouldn't have this problem, assuming that you have a side folder.

Just don't forget when you come under fire, that your gun is next to your spine. So shimmying on your back is not advised.

Side note: I ground off the charging handle on my AKu. Mostly, because I noticed that if I wasn't super careful when I closed it, it would move my hopup. I am a lefty, so it was doing this on its own when it would bump/drag on my torso. This may also affect your bag draw situation.

I used to do this when I carried a rifle as my primary. Seeing the look on people's faces when their gun go's down, (or my own) and you can just be like "here." That's really cool.
Now, I do it because I've been running glorious PKM, and it gives me more options, such as leaving PKM behind with someone else, allowing me to go recon, or whatever.

Or, if I just get tired, LOL. Seriously though, it's only a couple of pounds in your bag. It's worth it, if it's comfortable enough, and doesn't impede your actions.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby SNAFU » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cameron Zombie » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:22 am

I agree with Clownbaby, if you can rock the additional rifle without any detriment, then go for it.

I can't, but that could be because I'm a baby.
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby SNAFU » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:28 pm

Anyone going to Love and War tomorrow? That's where I will try out my loadout.
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Tactical Equipment