What's on Your Loadout?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

What's on Your Loadout?

Postby SNAFU » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Here's the skinny. I want to know what you guys like to run. I have a unique loadout that people may think is weird, but I like it. I want to know what your loadouts are like. Feel free to post pictures.
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: What's on Your Loadout?

Postby Shortbu » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Let's see a pic of your "weird" loadout...
Weird is in the eye of the beholder. Who cares as long as you're happy with it? I have several loadouts, built to suit what I'm running. I've heard some say my kits are sick, some say "you should do this", some say I'm just another gear whore. I don't care, they're mine, and they work for what I set them up for.
I'd show pics, but I have no idea how. In fact I don't even know how to post the sigbar for my team, lol.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Whiplash » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:12 pm

I dont know how to load pic's either , but I did finally figure out how to add the team name , and I got my sigbar finally
Whiplash
Grunt
Grunt

Postby SNAFU » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:14 pm

I also can't seem to get pics on here. I will try to figure it out. At the moment just explain your loadout.
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Postby SNAFU » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:17 pm

I haven't figured out the pictures either. I'm working on it though. For now just explain your loadouts.
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Whiplash » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:33 pm

Image This is my plate carrier I have 4 mag pouches on the front ,a admin pouch,medic pouch,and a hydration pack, and a general pouch on the back, also my holster for my 1911 on the left side.
Whiplash
Grunt
Grunt

Postby SNAFU » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:28 pm

I will get some pics on here, but here's what I can explain. First off I am a casual player and don't play a lot. At the moment only once every couple of months. From toe to head. Black converse for shoes(investing in boots), Multicam pants, a black holster with my APS ACP/ G17, normal OD belt, Coyote Brown T-Shirt, Dark Earth Medical Strap Bag, OD green backpack, OD green shemagh around my neck, Mesh Goggles with OD strap and a Multicam hat with a USA Flag Patch(Tan). Now I'm trying to decide if I should throw my CYMA AK74u in my backpack just in case. My primary is a Bolt Action L96. So I would have my L96, G17 as a secondary and an AK as last resort just in case I need more firepower. I won't be a super mobile sniper, but mobile enough to get around the field ASAP. Tell me what you guys think. Opinions are much appreciated.
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 pm

Absolutely run with that in your bag. If your bolt goes down, you don't have to walk back to the car, or spawn.
If possible, don't leave parts of it sticking out. These parts are liable to snag on branches. This will not only slow your movement, it will also give away your position.

Check places like Ross or TJ Max for footwear. I scored a few pair of Nike lightweight boots for $40!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Jester316 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:43 am

This was my loadout at the last big game at Splat Action:

Chest Rig: Tactical Tailor MAV (One Piece)
Mag Pouches: 5.11 VTAC Single Mag shingles
Radio Pouches: 5.11 Radio Pouch, Eagle Double Mag Pouch, Woodland Pattern Fragmentation Grenade Pouch
MISC Pouch: Eagle SAW Pouch used for gas and bb's for LM4.
Radios: Wouxun KG-UV3D, Baofeng UV-5RA
PTT: Z-Tac Dual radio PTT
Headset: Z-Tac Comtac noise canceling
Gloves: Generic construction gloves with padded palms
Sidearm: KWA P226PTP carried in a Black Hawk SERPA
Eyepro: No-name safety glasses
GPS: Garmin Fortrex 201
Sling: Magpul MS2
Backpack: Flyye MAP

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Jester316 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:48 am

Also, as someone who runs a bolt action, ditch the AK in the backpack. Your sidearm will be plenty. If you need more firepower than that, you did something wrong. A bolt action should not be used in the middle of a big firefight. It will just be heavy and cumbersome to have 3 different guns on you. And chances are that if you need the AK, you will be dead before you can get it out of the bag. When running your bolt, you want to be slick as possible. That way you can crawl through all sorts of thick brush and bushes and not get caught on things. If you are worried about getting shot, bring a buddy with an AEG for security. He'll at least have his gun ready and not have to try and dig through a backpack during a firefight.

When I run my bolt, I usually do so with a bag of bb's in a cargo pocket, radio on my belt, and my sidearm on my hip. That's it (occasionally I'll have my MAP with ammo, smoke grenades, radio, water, food). Nice and light. Allows me to maneuver, reload when I need to, and support myself for an event.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Cameron Zombie » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:00 am

Here's what I rocked at my last pew pew. Mustache is a necessity for a good loadout.

Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SNAFU » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:03 am

I also have some first gen Mechanix coyote brown gloves. Now the problem is I have a ClownBaby telling me to run the AK and a Jester telling me not to. What do I do?
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Shortbu » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:49 am

SNAFU wrote:I also have some first gen Mechanix coyote brown gloves. Now the problem is I have a ClownBaby telling me to run the AK and a Jester telling me not to. What do I do?

Do what you want. I would tend to agree with Jester, but the. Again I also run with six tons of s..t I don't really need, lol. It's all about preference, so find what works for you.
BTW: I'm the guy standing behind Jester in the pic he posted. Was running saw that day, and my loadOut went something like this:
Under Armour combat boots
Emerson Multicams
Pantac Recon chest rig
Pantac recon hydration pack
Condor double AK pouches
Condor large utility pouch (holds two saw box mags)
Condor radio pouch (on my back)
Condor 40mm grenade pouches
Condor pistol mag pouches
Blackhawk drop leg holster
Elite force Co2 1911
G&P Stoner M23 saw (though not much is G&P)
6grenade revolver, with 6 TAG dummy grenades
Emerson fast helmet
Peltor headset
Low impedance PTT
Baofeng radio
Emerson map light
ESS Turbo fan goggles
Oakley hard knuckle gloves
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jewish Ninja » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:29 am

To post a picture, goto photobucket and make an account, then upload the picture there and copy the "URL" link. Copy pasta that onto AP and there's your picture.

Kit that I ran at the last game (same one as Shorty and Jester).

Pewpews
KJW KC02 (all my shit broke)
TM Five-seveN w/ Guarder kit

Kit
Crye Boonie
TCI LIBS II
Eagle shoulder holster
First Spear Strandhogg, SAPI cut
w/
Eagle canteen pouch (under my arm)
First Spear double M4
Homemade double pistol pouch
HSGI 2XR TACO
First Spear double double M4
BFG smoke pouch (used for my radio)
TT utility pouch on custom made panel

LBT sling
Crye G3 pants and shirt
Old as FUQ Oakley gloves

On another note, Jester is right. When I tag along with him when he rolls his bolt, he keeps his kit simple and I'm there with my rifle in case it hits the proverbial fan.

As for what kit you do, if you decide to stick with this hobby, it'll probably change a million times. I started off with a Condor black OTV, which I quickly realized that it's a horrible carrier and black is shit for 95% of games that take place in Oregon (most are outdoors in the woods, where black is no help and will get dirtier faster than a 15 year olds mind). From there, I got an Eagle Plate Carrier, than sold it, got another one, sold it, got a FAPC, sold it to Jester, got a Banshee, sold it, got an Eagle MBAV (plate carrier with built in soft armor), traded that for an LBT 6094, sold that and got the Strandhogg I have now. That's not counting all the other bits that have been swapped out over the years.

Or, you might stick with what you have now. Redzaw on here has been running the same ALICE kit for as long as I can remember, Kendo has a Pantac chest rig that's held together with massive amounts of duct tape, just like his gun.

This hobby can drain your bank account if you let it, god knows it has drained mine...
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby Rentax » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:01 pm

SNAFU wrote:I also have some first gen Mechanix coyote brown gloves. Now the problem is I have a ClownBaby telling me to run the AK and a Jester telling me not to. What do I do?

The only reason you would need to run both a bolt and an AEG is if you are running a recon unit similar to LRRP, otherwise you are just weighing yourself downs a sniper. Jester uses his Bolt as a DMR he's not usually a sneaky low crawling kind of player, however if low crawl sneaky is your style of play having an AK on your back doesn't seem to be accommodating for that. I would have to agree with Jester for most players running a Bolt having a good sidearm is a much better choice than running an AEG. But the final decision is yours you just have to ask yourself "why do I need the AK?"
We do what we want
Rentax

Next

Return to Tactical Equipment