Cheap Plate Carriers

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Cheap Plate Carriers

Postby T-Time » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Hey Guys,
So I was looking at plate carriers and really want to buy one.
Any Ideas on a black one that is at least under $50 dollars?
Thanks a lot.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Re: Cheap Plate Carriers

Postby Cyclops » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:23 pm

If possible wait till you can make it to a swap meet. I sold 4 of my plates for an avg price of $40. There is a swap meet at sniperzden on March 21st if you can make it there.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:51 pm

While they don't typically carry plate carriers, AlleyCat supply in Boring, Oregon has a lots of great gear at amazing prices, also lots of stuff in smaller guy sizes. Check em out!

Or stop into Oregon Paintball in downtown Gresham, while he doesn't carry them, he has chest rigs and vests.

Real question is, are you big enough to fit in one? If you're growing rapidly, I would suggest just a $40 Condor chest rig, or an LBV vest from AlleyCat.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:52 pm

Do you want a plate carrier to carry plates, or do you want a plate carrier cause you can put lots of stuff on it?

If it's the first one, then GET DUMMY PLATES.

If it's the second one, than look into a FLC/LBV. They will give you similar coverage, but they will be less bulky, cheaper and a better option.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Yeah, what Jew said. I've seen the LBV's at AlleyCat for like $8! Plus their good cuz their easy to prone crawl, being that all the stuff is on the sides of your torso, under your armpits. This coupled with the angled magazine pockets, makes for easier reloading from prone.

For a cheap/free way to do plates, some sizes of phone books work, just wrap em up with duct tape, makes getting them in & out of the rig easier.

I saw a guy with a bible in his one time, personally I prefer a copy of American Psycho. 8)
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby T-Time » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:21 am

Thanks for all the useful information.
It really helped. :)
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Return to Tactical Equipment