Best Hot Weather Face Pro?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Best Hot Weather Face Pro?

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Hey AP!

I'm wondering about the general opinion on hot weather face protection. I've been using a shemagh because of excellent cheek weld to look thru optics but it is becoming too warm for that. Here is what I see a lot of players using:

http://www.evike.com/products/33680/

Any thoughts on this product? Is there a similar product you recommend? Any DIY concepts you know of that are acceptable at fields with requirements? A good cheek weld is important in the decision. I welcome all ideas related to the topic! Thanks for reading 8)
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Best Hot Weather Face Pro?

Postby G00SE770 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:36 pm

That's what I use, no regrets. I like my teeth :-)
G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Shortbu » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:17 pm

I use one as well sometimes. It breaths fairly well, it bends to fit, they hardly weigh anything, and their cheap.It's probably the best option. I've seen some guys not wear one at all and just use a mouth guard to protect their teeth.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Sounds good. Thanks, dudes
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ClownBaby » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:01 pm

It's what I use, love em. Been shot SOOO MANY TIMES in the the face mask, and just laughed. :lol:

Once you bend it tight to your face, you should get a good enough cheek weld.

People always ask if theirs any loss of volume when yelling, no. I also run my mic on the outside, works great.
They're also good for getting a hydro hose up under.

Easily spray paintable, and you'll probably want to do that, cuz they sometimes don't get enough paint at the factory, and can rust. More so, if used in heavy humidity.

Lastly, inspect the fabric edging, as sometimes theirs missing glue, or worse, sometimes a strand of the mesh will be sticking through the fabric. This can be fixed by filing, or cutting the excess, then simply pushing it back in, the fabric can then be reset with super glue, if needed.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Cyclops » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:01 am

DO NOT GET THAT ONE!!! There is one slightly different I was trying to find for ya but unable to find it. Same set up BUT has a second strap that goes on the TOP of your head as well as behind. The one you have the link to is one that I started with and it kept slipping down making the mask very loose and slowly slid down. With the second strap on top of the head it keeps it on your head even when you go thru some rough brush. I bought mine from Riddick a couple years ago and I never play without it. So stay away from the single strap masks!!!! I think I paid like $15 for mine which is only $5 more but worth the extra $5 if your tight on your money. I have no problems looking down my scope or moving side to side. Plenty of room for eye pro plus your mic for your radio....
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:39 am

Oh yeah, didn't see it was the single strap one.
He's totally right.
You know you can buy that shit locally?
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Shortbu » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:14 am

The single strap one is great if you're wearing an ops core helmet, and mod the straps to snap into the helmet rails. There's also a how-to vid on AONW's site, on how to mod the mask to do this.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby book42 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:44 am

You can also cut the straps off the mask and zip-tie the mask directly to your goggles, depending on your needs. It has worked well for me, and I too, love my imperfect teeth.

Regards,

Kevin: a.k.a.- Book
If'n you ain't diein'... you ain't tryin'.
book42
Soldier
Soldier

Team: MSG Recon

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:52 am

I was trying to find the double-strap set but did not see it on Evike. I will search locally for the double. Thank you very much for your solid advice. This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for!
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cyclops » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:15 pm

Here is a local store that has exactly what I have and I LOVE IT!!!!! http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/products ... f-facemask
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:13 pm

Those are the one's with the little white tag on the back main-strap.
They are the best quality and fit.

Unless you are running a helmet, I would not cut off the straps, and attach it to the mask for two reasons.

1. The straps line up with your ear holes, preventing a BB from going in your ear.
They also help hold an earbud incredibly well.

2. The advantage of having your goggles and mask being able to move independently of each other, is so you can lift your mask to take in water and food. Or remove, or lower your eyepro, to either clean them, or whatever, without having to take everything else off.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cyclops » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:47 am

I use my half fav=ce mask to cover my eyes as I try to de fog my glasses if need to be. It works well and it is easy and fast.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:01 am

Also makes great spaghetti noodle strainer.
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:57 pm

I went to Airsoft Outlet NW today & got exactly what I needed. Special thanks to Blackhawk of PF for helping us out at the shop.
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Tactical Equipment