Need Pouch/Bag Advice

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Need Pouch/Bag Advice

Postby Santange11 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Hello All,

I am getting ready for my first airsoft outing next weekend and could use some advice on what to get. Specifically what is a good pouch or bag that can attach to my plate carrier to hold my wallet, keys, and maybe some power bars. Currently I have a hydration carrier attached to the back of the vest and was thinking about attaching this to it. I like this bag because is has a lot of space in it. Would this be a good idea or are there better options out there?

Thanks for the advice,
Santange11
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Need Pouch/Bag Advice

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:00 pm

That's pretty big, any small pouch will hold listed things. Condor makes a bazillion little pouches, AONW or ThunderKissNW has a lot of them, go check em out!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby ogrejager » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:39 am

I pretty much use a Tactical Tailor E and E (Escape and Evasion) pouch as my wallet for airsoft games. You might like that one. Keys, for example, can be clipped in, velcro'd in, and then zipped up. Somehow I still manage to misplace them, but I think that's user error.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Blackhawk » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:56 am

Like Ogre said an E&E pouch works great. Also a Condor Map Pouch works great. Both pouches will have all the room you need for the items you listed plus a little more.
Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Nark » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Admin pouches work well too if you're not carrying anything that goes in there regularly like maps, notepads etc.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Santange11 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:15 pm

I am leaning towards an admin/map pouch or an EMT pouch. I am starting to regret multicam, makes everything that much more expensive.

Thanks for the advice, this forum has been nothing but helpful.
Santange11
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:06 pm

You can also leave all those items in the pockets of your BDUs. I leave my wallet in my back pocket of my pants and button it closed. Depending on how bulky your keys are, you can leave those in your pockets as well. You can also easily toss your cliff bars in a zip-loc and put them in your hydro pocket.

It's super tempting to buy a bunch of pouches, but I'd suggest trying what you have at a game and then getting pouches if you need to, before buying stuff all willy nilly. God knows I've done that enough.

If you have a condor plate carrier (which I'm guessing you do), the kangaroo pocket can hold all those items easily, and keeps the cliff bars super handy.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:02 pm

God knows! LOL

Just don't melt/crush yer snacks.

Yeah, less is more. We've ALL been bitten by the buying bug.

I typically roll with all that shit floatin in my pockets, haven't lost anything yet.
But then again, I like living dangerously/foolishly. Whatever you'd like to call it. :)
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby G00SE770 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:45 am

santange11 wrote:Hello All,

I am getting ready for my first airsoft outing next weekend and could use some advice on what to get. Specifically what is a good pouch or bag that can attach to my plate carrier to hold my wallet, keys, and maybe some power bars. Currently I have a hydration carrier attached to the back of the vest and was thinking about attaching this to it. I like this bag because is has a lot of space in it. Would this be a good idea or are there better options out there?

Thanks for the advice,

I have that same deployment bag, it's on my battle belt. I like it, but I have gone heavy with pouches...
Last edited by G00SE770 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:38 pm

What is that on your back, a piece of Japanese garden art?

No seriously bro, that's one bright and shiny target on yer back.

Better subdue that shit, oh wait, your on the other team. You keep that, just like that! :lol:
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Santange11 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:20 pm

G00SE770 wrote:
I have that same deployment bag, it's on my battle belt. I like it, but I have gone heavy with pouches...

I like the look of the bag, but worried about how it would sit on my hydration carrier. In light of upgrading my spring, barrel, and hop up so I wait on a pouch and see how I managed on the field.
Santange11
Grunt
Grunt

Postby G00SE770 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:47 pm

ClownBaby wrote:What is that on your back, a piece of Japanese garden art?

No seriously bro, that's one bright and shiny target on yer back.

Better subdue that shit, oh wait, your on the other team. You keep that, just like that! :lol:

LOL true!..that isn't me but yeah it doesn't blend in well does it. I have something closer to this (except all OD):

Last edited by G00SE770 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

Postby G00SE770 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:53 pm

santange11 wrote:I like the look of the bag, but worried about how it would sit on my hydration carrier. In light of upgrading my spring, barrel, and hop up so I wait on a pouch and see how I managed on the field.

Sounds good, I use a hydration carrier on an H-harness/battle belt most of the time --but use a deployment bag/battle belt when going lighter.
G00SE770
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Santange11 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Are the Condor H harnesses any good? I think it would be nice with a battle bet for a light load or hot day.
Santange11
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Yarp!

I like something like the one in the second pic. Slightly rounder corners, looks more comfortable.
Good mount point for stuff. Some companies make them with less molle, but it'll have a Velcro panel, good for you know what? :p
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Next

Return to Tactical Equipment