Weird piece with new Thunder B?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Weird piece with new Thunder B?

Postby MySwan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:30 am

I just got a new Thunder B at Camp R&R this weekend because I lost mine and one of these admins used it and it broke so they were very very nice to give me a replacement even though I didn't really care and would have let it go cause it would have probably broken anyway. Anyway my Thunder B I got from a friend who had been in airsoft a couple years before me and in the core there was a weird rubber piece in the middle of the core and I had no idea what is for so I stuck it in the bottom cap and now it wont come out and the CO2 has to be pressed up against the striker a lot harder than with my old one before I can even thread the bottom cap. So where was this piece supposed to go? I could probably get it out with pliers and it is called a rubber core bushing. Thanks for the help. It also came with a random washer that I also have no idea what to do with.
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Sledge

Re: Weird piece with new Thunder B?

Postby Steve » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:29 pm

The weird rubber piece goes in the tube before the CO2 cartridge goes in. Orient it so that the skinny bit is toward the top and the wider bit is toward the bottom. The rubber thingy works to hold the CO2 cartridge straight up and down so the striker pin smacks the CO2 cartridge in the right spot to pierce it.

The washer that came with it is likely a spare. IIRC, the washer goes between the top of the grenade and the striker assembly, with the metal core of the striker assembly passing through the hole in the washer.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Team: N/A

Postby MySwan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Steve wrote:The weird rubber piece goes in the tube before the CO2 cartridge goes in. Orient it so that the skinny bit is toward the top and the wider bit is toward the bottom. The rubber thingy works to hold the CO2 cartridge straight up and down so the striker pin smacks the CO2 cartridge in the right spot to pierce it.

The washer that came with it is likely a spare. IIRC, the washer goes between the top of the grenade and the striker assembly, with the metal core of the striker assembly passing through the hole in the washer.

Thanks for the reply! It looks like the way it slopes inward is supposed to go on top of the CO2 cartirdge but I will do what you said.
MySwan
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Sledge

Postby Steve » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Yes, exactly. You can also stick the rubbery bit onto the CO2 cartridge and slide them both into the tube at the same time.

Also, some CO2 cartridges work much better than others. The daisy ones don't always work right.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Team: N/A

Return to Tactical Equipment