Project Honor Camo?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Project Honor Camo?

Postby SNAFU » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:09 am

What do you think about Project Honor Camo? What is your favorite camo?
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Project Honor Camo?

Postby Steve » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:11 am

Just: NO.

Project Honor camo is pretty much the epitome of Gucci-flage.

While I'm sure that the Medal of Honor series of video games is awesome and all, a camouflage design that is basically giant 1" pixels may not be a great choice. The overall pattern is basically the LBX lion logo in pixelated form in four overlapping colors. But the real problem isn't that the pattern is ineffective, or is likely to be popular with CODsofters. The problem is that there is pretty much zero cross-brand support for the product.

The only folks making gear are LBX, which is the low-grade line from London Bridge Trading Co. And if you hit their site, they aren't offering any products in the pattern. So, there only a few pieces of kit available, they are comparatively cheaply made, and the OEM has abandoned the pattern, at least for the moment.

Personally, I'm sticking with A-TACS AU, at least for the moment. Riding that bird all the way into the ground, really. Let's face it, it's a pattern that never really made a huge splash, and is quickly fading into obscurity. Or worse, now that Browning is producing hunting apparel in the pattern. Could end up as the next RealTree.

My litmus test for future camouflage patterns is the old-school M-65 field jacket. Until I can get a M-65 jacket in the pattern, I know there isn't enough manufacturer / market support to keep the pattern viable in the long run.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby SNAFU » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:35 pm

I feel the same exact way. I saw it the other day and that's why I made this post. It's a "goofy" looking camo and I'd rather stick to my M81 Woodland.
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:07 am

Check out Spartan117's video on the Honor camo.

You may want it after all.

Steve likes His AU, personally I'm a FG guy Myself. Each have their merits.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby ClownBaby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:53 am

Game recognize game Mingzamo.

Good lookin out pimp.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Shadowsta13 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:21 pm

I kind of like it just due to it's similarity to Dualtex and Tetrisflage. I remember reading something about them making it in other colors but nothing ever materialized.
Top mattress, Left cargo pocket. Ready... Move!
Shadowsta13
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SCST

Return to Tactical Equipment