Help for a unique loadout?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Help for a unique loadout?

Postby plursei » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Hey folks,

So I was reviewing my current loadouts (clothing and gear, not guns) and I'm really not happy with what I have. I have about three different sets of camouflage, and while they do work well and look nice, I'm tired of looking exactly like everybody else. I understand that that's helpful, and I get that people do it for a reason; it helps you blend in with the rest and you don't stick out, all that jazz.

The problem is, I want to stick out. This will make me a more obvious target. People will be able to recognize who's team I'm on without searching for an armband. This doesn't bother me. Think of it as aposematism. :D

What I'm getting at is, I want to do something different. I'd like to move away from the military/PMC look that most people have going on. I'm looking for the three F's: Functional, Flashy, Fun. If you guys have seen any unique or nice-looking loadouts, please share pictures; I need inspiration for my own.

Thanks,
Plursei
SAVE TREES; EAT BEAVERS
plursei
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Help for a unique loadout?

Postby Chainmail » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:17 am

If you want something unique try looking up Australian, Belgian, and German camo patterns and loadouts. Personally I love the ridiculousness of the Belgian jigsaw camo.
Chainmail
Grunt
Grunt

Postby toobladink » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:30 pm

buy a poncho, use a really weird gun, and make weird noises all the time.
toobladink
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Steve » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Rock jeans and an unbuttoned Hawaiian print shirt, chest rig under the shirt. Paint your primary to match the shirt. Can't remember the source, but IIRC, folks working along the U.S. / Mexico border doing private counter-immigration were rocking setups like this a few years back.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby plursei » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:12 am

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. I really liked the idea of a Hawaiian shirt, so I looked through my closet and found some pretty good gems. My gun was recently painted, so it's not included in this photo; however, I assure you it is equally provocative.

This is my first prototype loadout. The only real functional pieces of this loadout are the vest and the goggles, but hey, it's pretty fun to dress up in.

Proud to introduce the TACKAZ. Better to have and not need than need and not have, right?
SAVE TREES; EAT BEAVERS
plursei
Recruit
Recruit

Postby book42 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:42 am

At the last Riddick game, someone was wearing hand made chain mail. Haven't seen anything like that before, both Andy and I liked it. There were also a couple of kids decked out like Tom Clancy's, "The Division".
If'n you ain't diein'... you ain't tryin'.
book42
Soldier
Soldier

Team: MSG Recon

Return to Tactical Equipment