Mesh Face Mask moisture

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Mesh Face Mask moisture

Postby AndySpeers » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:24 pm

So I have one of those half mesh face masks and I noticed that especially during winter it tends to collect quite a lot of moisture. Has anyone else had an issue with that? Any good way to solve it other than pulling it off and wiping it down every 10 or 15 mins?

Link for reference :http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_548_545&products_id=8558

Do the other styles improve on this problem?
Team Leader for Task Force 11 Delta
AndySpeers
Grunt
Grunt

Team: TF11

Re: Mesh Face Mask moisture

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:02 pm

They all do this. Not a big deal.

But I've seen some of those rust through the paint, which makes them unbearably stinky. Like wet pennies times a thousand.
I suggest spray painting them with an extra coat or two.

Have a toothpick, or bamboo skewer to make a hole in the screen, incase you get too much paint in an area.

This also makes the mask stronger. Painting should be done after the mask is form fitted to yer face, as trying to shape it after paint will just result in cracking.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Junto » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:08 pm

If you have a shemagh around your neck, you can lift a flap of it behind the mask and wipe some of the moisture away, or you can keep one layer of it over your mouth/cheeks to absorb the excess water. Other than that, nope. Gotta take it off and pad it dry or shake the drops out.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby MillerSA15 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:01 pm

I attached mine to my mesh goggles and removed the elastic, which kept it away from my face (only a cm or so though) so that the wet mask never touched my face, and was therefore never annoying. Of course this means I couldn't remove my mask without removing my goggles, so I couldn't eat tactically, but it did keep my mouth safe extremely well.
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Solid » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:58 am

Have you tried not breathing as much?

Silliness aside they'll be just fine, if it gets rusty or anything just give it a good rustolium spraydown or something and it'll be fine.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Return to Tactical Equipment