PPsH with a scope. Need pro tips

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

PPsH with a scope. Need pro tips

Postby Mando » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Ok before I get lynched for wanting to add a scope to a PPsH let me explain....

I have an S&T PPsH that I want to mod for use as a Star Wars style blaster. In the original Star Wars films 90% of the "blasters" were modified WWII weapons. So rather than build another E-11 or EE-3 I decided to make something unique and the PPsH is, in my opinion, a perfect base gun.

HOWEVER....whatever mods I make I want them to be modular so they can be removed. The PPsH is my first airsoft weapon (long time paintball guy) and through my research I am really starting to get the itch to get involved and actually get out in the field and participate in some airsoft events. I'm a former US Army Combat Engineer and the idea of getting back into the field is appealing. So I don't want to destroy the PPsH.

The best way to make a weapon look "Swarsy", is to add scopes and random parts to it and camouflage it so it doesn't look earthy. But I'm really not sure of an effective method of mounting the scope without damaging the weapon.

I'll be using magnets to apply some of the smaller bits but for the scope I need something a little more substantial.

Any help would be appreciated.
Mando
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: PPsH with a scope. Need pro tips

Postby Mando » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Here is another prop weapon that I use. As you can see it has rails on it for the scope and bipod.

I'm just not sure if something similar would damage the PPsH
Mando
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Darius137 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:41 am

If it's anything like a real Ppsh, the blocky metal receiver you could probably punch holes to attach a rail segment, then take it off when you use it as a ppsh. Dremel and puncture.

Or just use the pre-cut holes forward. It's been done with real ones, though probably more of a joke than not.

Previous thread in AP:
viewtopic.php?t=38310

also,
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Mando » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:06 am

I think I may have found a solution. Looking back at how the Lucas Film prop masters put together Boba Fett's weapon I found they used different types of pool pipe clamps. Obviously that wouldn't work on the square barrel of a PPSh but it did give me some ideas on how to fabricate some mounts. the best thing is that I'll be able to get that Star Wars look without ruining a perfectly good gun.

I am going to refinish the stock, repaint and weather the entire weapon.

Here she is....

Mando
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Steve » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:16 am

I'd probably do a modified HK Claw Mount that wrapped around the front handguard. That way, you could do a rail along the top, and a futuristic ergo grip for the front. Smack it together in Autodesk Inventor, and find somebody with a 3d printer (or send it off to shapeways) to get it made.

If you are local, and willing to pay for ABS, I'd probably be willing to take a look at helping out. I have a special love for the PPsH, having spent about three weeks tearing down three busted ones in order to make one that worked (long, long ago, 12.5 time zones away).
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Logiconee » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:10 am

I'm sorry I bumped the thread but I want to say that the PPSH with scope image looks insanely cool. I think more people should see it. Does anyone know where you could purchase such a scope? I thought maybe something like this http://airsoftdeals.co.uk/accessories/aimpoint-style-m4-red-dot-sight-with-killflash/ but feel it is a bit too modern
Logiconee
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Custom Projects