[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MK18 Build - Custom Projects

MK18 Build

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

MK18 Build

Postby Goliath17 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm getting a G&P Full metal M4 Carbine with a crane stock from Evike for $250(http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37369) and I decided to create a MK18 out of it. This will be my first build project, from what I have seen, I know that I need some sort of MK18 rail system, a vertical grip, a PEQ-15 box, a holographic sight, and a mock suppressor. What I want to know is: is there anything else that I need? And of there are specific types of accessories that I need (like a specific type of sight of suppressor, ect.) If you have built an MK18, please let me know what you used and, if you want, post a picture. Thank you for your time.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: MK18 Build

Postby redneck1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:56 pm

I just finished my build. Do you plan a mod0 or mod1 build.
redneck1
Grunt
Grunt

Postby redneck1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:02 pm

With that gun your best bet is a block2 version. 11.5in mad bull Daniel defense mk18 ris2, peq15 or 16, eotech 552 or 553 or specterDR, kac back up iron sights, m3x, dual switch, kac suppressor. Google mk18 block2 and you should get a lot of pictures to base stuff off of.
redneck1
Grunt
Grunt

Postby frogfish » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Considering the MK18 rail rather than the KAC drop in rail, and the peq15 I'm beting he's going for a mod1.

Well, you would need a DD RIS 2 Lite rail M4 version unless you wanted to find a 10.3 inch outer barrel. The Mk18 rail is 9.5 inches long, and is supposed to accompany a 10.3 inch barrel. The M4 rail is 12 inches and is paired with a 14.5 inch barrel.

The longer barrel configuration isn't as popular for units like SEALs and CAG, but it can be seen used extensively within Ranger units and it has been pictured as a DMR config within MARSOC.

Other the supressor should be a KAC QD style can, for current timeframe your sight should be an EOTech 553 or EXPS2, other optics are used but not as often and the EXPS is set to replace the 553. Another option for glass would be a Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x, especially on the longer variant, or some form of short dot style optic.

Don't forget a backup light, surefire scoutlights are popular, and back up sights can be useful but there are plenty of images where users don't have BUS on their weapon, if you choose to get some KAC or troy are popular.

lastly you need dirt, lots and lots of dirt, caked on Mud is good too.
frogfish
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Diegunner » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:15 pm

Diegunner
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Goliath17 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:28 pm

What I was thinking was just to keep the 14.5" bar rely and use a 12" DD rail system
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby redneck1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:37 pm

That would be block2.
redneck1
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Panther [TFW-W02] » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:39 pm

All of this is kosher:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mk18+mo ... bG23Sc25lM:

However, stick with your 14. In barrel, use the free float DD ris, get a eotech or a specter, a peq 15, and a KAC grip. I would stray from the suppressor unless you want to extend your inner barrel, otherwise your gun will be unwieldy and unbalanced. This is my teammates build, it's the 10.5 in barrel version. Ignore the 552, a 553 is on the way from china.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 060&type=3
Panther [TFW-W02]
Grunt
Grunt

Team: T.F.W.

Postby Orwell » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Goliath17 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:42 pm

This might be a dumb question, but, would I need to get a gas block?
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hamster » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby redneck1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:57 pm

redneck1
Grunt
Grunt

Postby laggard » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:19 pm

I have been looking, but to not luck. I want a RIS system for the KWA CQR that I can use and still have the battery in the hand guard. ((Without making it an S-System.)) I want to make a MK18 as well.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.
laggard
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Regular Guy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Buy this...

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-m4-mk18-sbr.html

or if you can find the VFC MK18 here in the U.S. that would be a good one also.

Next get a PEQ-16 & Eotech 553 or Elcan Specter DR 1x - 4x replica for accessories.

You Fancy Huh?!
Regular Guy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby McNair » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:20 am

McNair

Next

Return to Custom Projects