[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4800: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
custom shotgun - Custom Projects

custom shotgun

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

custom shotgun

Postby Reaver » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:04 pm

I have been trying to not post my massive list of ideas and projects lately, as I have too many and it takes me a bit to get organized (ADD sucks lol), but as I have 60 percent of the materials together I figured I would put out there my new weapon crafted in my unstable brain lol.

So soon to be operational is a break barrel shotgun, 22" barrel length with a 1.75" bore. Co2 powered, full metal construction, and weighs in at almost 10 lbs. Ammunition, about 500 rounds of. 20g plastic death. Collapsible stock as well. And effective range of 120 ft. Shells for said shotgun are 5" long, and easily removed and loaded. Should be fully assembled by Wednesday, would appreciate feed back before I assemble and paint.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Re: custom shotgun

Postby Switchback » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:56 pm

I await some pictures-this sounds like quite the special weapon!
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Team: N/A

Postby Bulldog » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm

So what is the point of the shells? Do they hold 250-500 round each? Or do they contain the propellant? What does your regulation system contain?

Just trying to gain some insight into this beast
G.O.A.T.....Heavy gunner
Rockin it old school-Asahi m60e3 shorty
Bulldog
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Postby Reaver » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Pics will be up Wednesday after the welding and assembly :-) the shells are what will hold the pellets, much like an actual shot shell, so firing all 300-500 pellets at once. Propellent will be delivered via rear of "shell". Gas regulation system solved by Kobalt tools, portable air setup for air nailers. Self regulating at 80 psi.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jewish Ninja » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:10 pm

This some amazing and crazy. I can't wait to see it!
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Diegunner » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:51 pm

So it's like a bb shower shell for a grenade launcher on steroids? sounds beast but how big are the shells going to be to hold that manny bb's?
Diegunner
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Reaver » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:23 pm

I am tossing that idea around at the moment. 1.75 ID x either 4 or 5" long "shells. Took a break from assembly for a little while, torched the tips of a few fingers (apparently metal get really f@#$%&* hot after welding lmao). Bottom end pretty much done, finalizing trigger assembly, and support rail all together.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

shotgun, 90% completion

Postby Reaver » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm

I just dont have the energy today, and eating concrete last night didnt help matters (the welder is trying to kill me I swear). so yesterdays labor and todays, im at 90%, all that is left is trim crap and plumbing air lines.

trigger group (havent fabed a nice trigger yet)
barrel kicked forward exposing "shell"
a "shell". Each will be loaded with likely a foam or sponge pad in the back, filled almost to the top with pellets, and sealed at the top with paper shop towel. I will have quite a few made, color coded to identify the payload (pellets, paint, home defense rounds). the steel casing does not exit the barrel at any time unless changing ammo.

Tested out the chanmber and valving as well today, no leaks and great pressure release from the barrel. heavier than i wanted, but it is still manageable. I will update when i get all the trim done :-), hoping to be bringing this to a skirmish or two :badgrin:
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VogonFord » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Holy hell, that's not a shotgun, that's a cannon.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Diegunner » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Diegunner
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Reaver » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Lmao. I guess I do go overkill on some things :badgrin: its a shotgun on roids!
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nark » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Diegunner » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Diegunner
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NFS_Shadow » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby Bulldog » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:43 am

because you cant fire bbs 400+ feet (from a shotgun)
G.O.A.T.....Heavy gunner
Rockin it old school-Asahi m60e3 shorty
Bulldog
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Next

Return to Custom Projects